Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: wait til the chicks get a hold of the new backpacks
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-01, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Blynd
First Sergeant

Re: Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here

An engineering sundie - drop all seat slots and weapons but has tank mines on board certable to 20 max. This allows the sundie driver to lay a minefied to protect the armour from a flanking manouver. Is allowed to have repair or ammo attachments too but no AMS module. Looks wise make it look like a pickup truck version of sundie and reduce hp by 1/3 but has smaller hitbox due to lower profile.

On a side note w have to make these suggestions something that will make people want to pull them and will provide xp/certs for the driver.

Command sundie I think would be certable via outfit points for offcers only that way those who are running outfits have a distinct tactical advantage of the lone wolf solo players.
Old 2013-07-01, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rolfski
Major

Great ideas so far, keep 'em coming. If only a fraction of it would be implemented I already would be very happy.
Old 2013-07-01, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post

Aurora Mod [VS]
Grants the Sunderer a limited jump-jet ability, allowing it to possibly jump clean over base gates, tank mines, and really anything imaginable. It would have a significant cooldown [90 seconds minimum] and reduce the Sunderer's speed mid-air. It also increases the vehicle's traction [perhaps gives it a passive wheelward thrusting force], making it much easier to drive and keep stable at higher speeds. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

RAMMING SPEED
I wants it
Grasshopper sundy.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-07-01 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

how about having the option to deploy a covered operations ams?

it will need a special icon on the deploy screen and maybe a "are you sure?" question if you wanna spawn there.

this ams variant will have a ps1 style cloak bubble and will only let people spawn as infiltrator. that´s why it should have the "are you sure? you will spawn as infiltrator!" confirmation.

maybe the owner should be able to lock and unlock spawnclasses at will.

also this special ams should feature a sensor diffuser that jams enemy radar.
some of this equipment should use up the weapon hardpoints of course. like the cloak generator and the sensor disruptor.

maybe give rumbleseatlike weaponslots for the passengers, so they could fire their weapons from inside.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-07-01, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zadexin
Corporal

A true TANK sundy- Drop the troop carry capacity to driver, gunner, gunner, +4 passenger.
Let it equip direct fire AV weapons similar to mana turrets or the cannons on a lightening tank. Small arms gunports for the 4 passengers and a Ram plate that does extra damage when ramming (the model is already there as a cosmetic). These can all be separate certable upgrades.

An AA weapon that is not totally balls would be nice too. Maybe make it so the walker can actually shoot stuff on the ground. I know its meant to be an AA weapon but come on, I'm just asking for a 30 degree declination. You can see a light assault running at you 10 yards off but can do exactly jack squat to stop him from toasting your fun bus as all the walker bullets go wizzing over his head.

A SPAWN JAMMER sundy - I'm going to keep requesting spawn jammers until beacons and squad spawn shenanigans are dealt with. I would like a sundy with an enemy spawn jamming bubble that stops enemy beacons, squad deploy and sunderers from working within the anti-spawn bubble. This would hopefully keep people from drop pod nuking and other annoying exploits that all the spawn stuff suffers from.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Greenthy
Sergeant

Vehicle re-equp sunderer
Transform the infantry terminals to vehicle terminals for friendly vehicles to switch load-outs.

Teleporter (hacker) sunderer
Replace the AMS ability with teleporters, teleporting players to a nearby hacked teleporter. (With a given maximum range)

Last edited by Greenthy; 2013-07-01 at 01:38 PM.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Timealude
Captain

If it isnt too much trouble, I would love to have a towing option so we can pull vehicles that out that get stuck. Like say it would use the utility slot so it wouldnt have an AMS but it would work in line with the repair and ammo attachments.

You could also add a mobile command option that would deploy defensive guns around the sundy to help fortify your position better and this could take up the defense slot.

As for new weapons, we could give the sundy an EMP launcher that would shoot a bolt but do no damage and disable the enemy vehicle's hud for a few seconds. This would naturally be a 1 shot magazine with a long reload time I want to say about 3 to 4 seconds. The jamming effect could last about 2 seconds maybe a little longer with sidegrade but it would increase the reload time to keep it balanced.
Old 2013-07-01, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I just want a cloaking bubble that runs concurrently with the AMS module (and disables the guns), so I can have my long-lost AMS back.
Old 2013-07-01, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

In the event that the AMS is not divorced from the Sunderer entirely...

The AMS functionality should span all of the equip mod slots:

Utility, Defense, and Performance.

The Utility AMS equip will remain as is, but with five tiers to unlock: 100, 200, 400, 1000, 2000 point levels. The 2000 cert tier required for respawning as fast as current. 1000 would be about on par with base spawn rates. 100 tier would be comparable to redeploy (incl the 10 seconds wind up). This mod would also remove 3 passenger slots.

The Defense AMS Equip will add MANA Turret style protective walls around the deployed Sunderer that have their own HP values and repair points. Not a bubble or omnidirectional shield. 500 cert points, one tier. Removes 3 passenger slots.

The Performance AMS Equip allows the Sunderer to cloak when deployed. Removes 3 passenger slots and disables onboard weapons while deployed. 500 certs.

The end result is a purpose focused AMS without entirely mincing the Sunderer's involvement. Oh and all three are required for any of them to work. So minimum 1100 cert investment to be able to spooge your empire all over the place.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2013-07-01 at 08:02 PM.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

+1 to the Router!

I'm also all for a return of the cloak-field bubbles, in some fashion or another (It wasn't broke... why fix it?).

C4/Tank Mines

It is really *really* easy to blow up a Sunderer with a C4/Tank Mine suicide charge. Make shooting Tank mines with small arms fire do only like 10% of the damage it currently does. If it were possible interface-wise, I'd have some sort of equipable C4 jammer that puts a 10 second delay before someone can detonate C4 on (or under) the vehicle (time enough for an Engineer to remove it).

Another option might be separating the "SCU" module on the Sunderer so it can be busted without blowing the Sunderer itself. This way if you're able to push back the suicide charges, you can repair the SCU module (after a sufficiently lengthy repair time). It might also open up small arms fire (LMG's, most likely) to being an AMS repellant.

In Planetside 1 multiple mines and spitfires were a pretty good deterrent. Atm it's too hit and miss to put out just a couple of mines that can be flown over. =\

Edit:

Radar Jamming

As a support role, it'd be great to be able to provide infantry/vehicle radar stealth to nearby friendlies (even at a height above you) so they do not appear on radar. As aircav, I'd love to be able to juke and dodge around a rock to suddenly vanish without a trace for a pursuing foe. Little does he know we setup a support Sundy behind some rocks that's now masking my whereabouts. Could also be handy if it acted as a flare and scatters incoming missiles.

Last edited by Edfishy; 2013-07-01 at 08:49 PM.
Old 2013-07-06, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Here is an aidea on how a Router utility would function.

Sunderer would deploy similar to an AMS.

One side would reveal an unfolding teleporter entrance while the other would have a small nanite construction unit, like a mini vehicle pad.

Once deployed the diver can press F to construct a remote controlled tracked drone, kind of like an EOD bot about the size of a Flash. This little sucker can be deployed to form the exit from the sunderer's teleporter. The drone would of course have limited operating range. While it would remain where it is if the sunderer undeploysm it will activate a deconstruction timer if it moves out of range (shoudl the sunderer be destroyed that is technicaly being out of range).

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-07-06 at 07:12 PM.
Old 2013-07-06, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
isilyan
Private

Could we get a marker(Red cross) on the Sundy, if it has a Triage medic in?

Old 2013-07-06, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I'm going to throw around some faction specificity.

Thunderer Mod [NC]
Increases Sunderer HP pool drastically without reducing repair time. It also reduces the Sunderer's speed, makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot], and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players. This also makes the Sunderer heavier, meaning it will deal more damage when it rams other vehicles and will take less damage in the same collisions.

Raider Mod [TR]
Reduces the Sunderer's vertical profile by about 1/3rd [changes the model slightly]. This increases the Sunderer's speed and reduces the damage the Sunderer receives from HE tank shells and anti-tank mines. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

Aurora Mod [VS]
Grants the Sunderer a limited jump-jet ability, allowing it to possibly jump clean over base gates, tank mines, and really anything imaginable. It would have a significant cooldown [90 seconds minimum] and reduce the Sunderer's speed mid-air. It also increases the vehicle's traction [perhaps gives it a passive wheelward thrusting force], making it much easier to drive and keep stable at higher speeds. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

RAMMING SPEED
That sounds about right, a almost usless one for NC and awesome ones for the other guys. The only change would be that the NC one has a increased size but can't hold more people, perhaps make it so it DOES take more time to repair as well.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sirisian
Colonel

Would be cool to have a sidegrade for it as a pod launcher to replace drop pods. So you deploy it and people can use it launch into a base or deploy it inside to launch outside of a base onto the enemy. Basically the BF2142 APC.

I wrote up a suggestion a while back as a new vehicle, but it could work as a Sunderer sidegrade with some unique cosmetics.
Old 2013-07-06, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by isilyan View Post
Could we get a marker(Red cross) on the Sundy, if it has a Triage medic in?

Heck effing yes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion