MAX vs. sniper - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We want you to drive the big brown truck.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-01, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
air_head1
Corporal

MAX vs. sniper

Will a sniper be able to take out MAX's if so how many bullets to the head would it take im planning on being a sniper i can just snipe for hours i love it but it would suck if i couldn't kill MAX's
Old 2003-01-01, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sputty
Banned

I don't think a sniper will be able to take out a MAX. Why wouldit suck if you couldn't? Should snipers kill everything, even tanks, in one hit? BTW, the sniper takes a really long time to reload so I don't think people will be sniping jkust regular soldiers like in other games.
Old 2003-01-01, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

I'm pretty safe saying no. I'm sure it does *some* damage, but maybe just enough to eventually piss of the MAX, which is always a great idea. Plus, I doubt that maxes will ever be alone.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-01, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

If it was a one on one situation (which is very unlikely) then the sniper would win because he's more manouverable and can stay hidden.

Old 2003-01-01, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

Well I need to get some sleep horribly so I could be wrong on this, but I do believe it doesn't matter where you hit someone on their body. So where you hit the max wouldn't matter, but from what I remember they've hinted on it not being very effective on the MAX, and IMO it should be and stay that way.
Old 2003-01-01, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Civilian
Contributor
Major

I agree, it should do very little to the MAX. But if a MAX is dumb enough to be walking by himself across a field, that sniper oughta' be able to shoot him 50 or 60 times and he should go down (I am assuming the MAX is so slow and heavy it would take it forever to reach its destination).
Old 2003-01-01, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BigHairyJohn
Private

MAX's have the ability to run, this running ability is supposed to make them go at about 70kmph(Vanu max could be a bit faster). this running ability means that while there running there turning speed lowers so much that it would take minutes to do a circle, so if a max was going through a field without the intention to fight he would most likley be running, something moving at 79kmph isn't very easy to hit with a single shot weapon such as the bolt driver

"tR sUcKs cAus3 th3Y Sm3LL"
"N3W c0aGulAlaLAtaT3 U SuucK 2 CauZe U Sm3LL w0RsT"
"VaNU S0V > U aLL P00h3Ad5"
Old 2003-01-01, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Agreed, that running ability should come in handy at times... If you add the Vanu booster thingy, you could hit some great speeds!

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2003-01-01, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Wow, I had no idea they could move that quickly. You're right, you would probably have to be a superb sniper to even hit em'. That's actually very good news, too many times I did the march of boredom in WWIIOL, if MAX's can move that quickly, it shouldn't take 2 hrs to reach the battle.

Thanks for the info.
Old 2003-01-01, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Blitzkrieg
Master Sergeant

Isn't there a MAX that has the ability to fly or give really long jumps?
Old 2003-01-01, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Yes, it's the Vanu MAX that has the ability to use the boosters, they can be used to jump, or boost in any which way t hat your momentum is carrying you.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2003-01-01, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Yuyi
Roxxor your Boxxorz

Isn't there a MAX that has the ability to fly or give really long jumps?
The Vanu one.
Old 2003-01-01, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

MAX is basicly a walking tank, so a sniper taking out such a big object is unlikley. I would imagine if its HP is very low it would be possible. But it isnt somthing that will happen every day.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-01-01, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Delos
Private

IMO, i don't think a sniper should be able to take out max's easily. I think that would make them way to powerful and the fields would be covered with snipers and that would be retarded.
However, i don't think snipers should be completly worthless either. I wouldn't mind if snipers could pick off all the light armors in one or 2 shots 2 the head, thats realistic. But for them to head shot a guy in a beastly metal suit isn't.
Old 2003-01-01, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Put Reinforced Exo-Suit on a Sniper, and give him Bolt-Driver and some Anti-Vehicular Missile, he should be ok. But still, a Anti-Vehicular weapon wont do much damage to infantry (MAX).

But anyone getting hit by a missile will take cover, or run.

Best way to kill a MAX is with a MAX or tank.

Last edited by Toimu; 2003-01-01 at 05:09 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion