SmokeJumper Sayeth this - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Everything you read here is a lie.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-09-15, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Madcat170
Sergeant

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
Here's my point, because I think you might have missed it. You could have said "No, I don't think they'd give the prowler a bigger gun, probably just increase it's RoF or something."
Originally posted by Madcat170
It will probbally be a ROF increase on the prowler
I did i will stop now as this is ruining a rather good thread

i apologise for this post as well

Looking forward to the changes, tis nice when a dev posts isnt it
Old 2003-09-15, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

The 12mm is very bad because yes, you run out of ammo so quick...but all you need to do is keep it for infantry and when air vhels are CLOSE to you, not the mosq pilots that like to sit and shoot you from 10 miles away.

Old 2003-09-15, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i think this is a bad idea personally. sure if u want 2 make the the prolwer have a stronger gun, sure, go for it. if u want 2 make it stronger than the vanguard, we got a problem. are strong wepons on our tank is all we got. the vs have the all mighty magmower *looks around for any* and the tr can fire there cannons and mm guns at the same time. all we have is our vanguards strong gun. our max has the suckest special abillty, and are ai max and are heavy assult and standered assult wepons only work at close wepons and are med assult only works at close and med. range. if anything is going 2 be better than somthing else make are maxes special abillty better.
Old 2003-09-15, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

IMO Only: The NC MAX has one of the best, definatly better than the TR MAX ability. I love the NC MAX ability...It lets you not get shot when you are reloading or you can't see who is shooting at you. When you find or you are done reloading, oepn up fire.

Old 2003-09-15, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

all it takes in a fire fight is 2 guys with mini chainguns, or a tr cycler max 2 take out a nc maxes special abillty plus it has a capicter .
Old 2003-09-15, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Well of course a TR Dual cycler is gonna take out the max, it is after all (although i strongly dislike the switch between pounder and DC), the anti armor max. But even so, a falcon could easily tear apart a DC, as its TTK is a lot lower (when unanchored) than the falcon.
Old 2003-09-15, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

/edit/ sry, skipped a few posts. sweet.

Last edited by BUGGER�GHO�T; 2003-09-15 at 11:51 PM.
Old 2003-09-15, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

Very nice.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-16, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by SilverLord
IMO Only: The NC MAX has one of the best, definatly better than the TR MAX ability. I love the NC MAX ability...It lets you not get shot when you are reloading or you can't see who is shooting at you. When you find or you are done reloading, oepn up fire.
You have got to be shitting me. You REALLY need to try it out before you realise what a waste of time it is.

Yeah, the sheild comes in handy if your running past turrets, or you get a weapons lock on ya or your reloading.... BUT the charge drains so quickly and is so easily sucked up by incoming fire, you only really get to reload once under it before you can use it again.

The TR have the best ability i think, you can plant that pounder indoors or on a hill and pulvarize everything. In CC holding senerios, its next to impossible to breach a stair well / room with a couple of those things camped in there!.

I would gladly swap the TR's special for the NC's without a second thought!!!.

Old 2003-09-16, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Hehe...TR anchers are the coolest. But I still like the Shield Ability.

Old 2003-09-16, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Hehe...TR anchers are the coolest. But I still like the Shield Ability.

Wanna swap ?

Hey, would'nt it be cool if you could hijack-hack MAX suits, just like you do with vechicals, or nick them fom an nmy hacked terminal... that would be neat!.

Old 2003-09-16, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Seriously the NC MAX shield sucks. It really does. There are only 2 things you can do with it:

1)charge past a turret
2)block an incoming missle if you know one is coming

Usefull as compared to the other MAX abilities? not a chance
Old 2003-09-16, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Good one!
I get it, even if the rest of them don't.
Old 2003-09-16, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Thank you.

Old 2003-09-16, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Funny how the manual says and different thing and the development decides to take a whole new course down the road. Ya know, the whole Prowler having the most armor thing.

The Terran Republic is all about power and dominance, the two most dominate symbols of power for a military government are superior firepower and heavily armored machines rolling down the streets and running over your children. I believe the Prowler should have the most armor in game but also have two firing modes to choose from, in secondary mode on the main guns you can fire both of them at the same time, while in primary they alternate. With the .50cals on the top you would have the same deal. Now before you Vanu sissies get your purple panties in a twist or the NC start blurting falsehoods about being the most disenfranchised Empire I'd like to point out that abusing the secondary fire mode would eat through ammo at an alarming rate, especially with the duel .50s. It comes down to ammo conservation and steady aimed fire or "I'm going to let as many rounds in to your fucking straw hut as possible in the shortest amount of time."

This is just my opinion to keep with the Empire's military doctrine that we were lead to believe actually existed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion