New pic of TR Prowler - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The legal LSD
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-20, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Raka Maru
Major

I think it looks bbbbbaaaaadasssss!!! (my first thought when I saw this latest pic)

Can't wait to blow things up with it. Reminds me of my custom lowered jeep, except with dual cannons.

Devs, you went the right way with this. Hope we get to keep the paint chips and bullet holes again as an option. Call it battle scars, I would buy that in the cash shop.

Anxious to know all the customization this baby can take too...
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-20, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: New pic of TR Prowler

I'd like to know what is meant by the prowler having extra weapon systems above and beyond the other empires that was expressed in the TR empire brief. What are these extra weapon systems and how do they tie in with the other systems? We know it's a 2-man tank so I don't think they're referring to a 3rd gunner.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Stew
Major

Big bridge alert Combat incoming !!
Old 2012-04-20, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Why does it look like its got a modern mounted machine gun on it?

I thought this was Plantside.
Old 2012-04-20, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Why does it look like its got a modern mounted machine gun on it?

I thought this was Plantside.
If it works and its extremely affordable to produce, why not use it? We can customize and upgrade the weapons over time. Have to start somewhere.
Old 2012-04-20, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Doctor Digit
Private

Really like the profile of the new prowler. I know I've got my BF3 mates interested hardcore into this game and can't wait to run a hunter-killer group of 10 or so prowlers. By far the sexiest looking tank of the three I think. Though that just might be my TR pride talking. I know it might be a bit silly, but I actually would love the idea of a command seat in the tanks too, for the commanders who specialize deep enough into it. Have one command tank with 6 or 7 other friendly tanks that gives them a small repair bonus and boost in spotting range. That sorta deal.

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 2012-04-20, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Purple
Sergeant Major

i like the offset guns.
Old 2012-04-20, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

This thread shows a very interesting aspect of TR players personality: an obsessive-compulsive fixation about order and squareness.

This non-symmetrical turret for the main tank of a control-freak magnet faction must be the largest troll by a game dev, ever. WP Higby !
Old 2012-04-20, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
This thread shows a very interesting aspect of TR players personality: an obsessive-compulsive fixation about order and squareness.

This non-symmetrical turret for the main tank of a control-freak magnet faction must be the largest troll by a game dev, ever. WP Higby !
Sylphaen, I'm not sure that our best Vanu technology flame retardant suits can resist the fire comming your way, now...

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-04-20, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
Sylphaen, I'm not sure that our best Vanu technology flame retardant suits can resist the fire comming your way, now...
I have faith in Vanu !

And so far, so good.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post

As I said earlier, it's bad t da bone.

I hope it can do both alternate/dual shots, this will increase ROF when the big guns alternate, and switch to double barrel shot when zeroed in. Having them off to the side will make you feel like the predator with shoulder mounted tri lasers when you shoot those bad boys.

Squared away is all about being a professional soldier! Dude!

And WP Higby!
Old 2012-04-20, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
millo
Private

Why are a lot of people saying that the prowler is going to have weaker weapons compared to vanguards? Didn't the devs state that TR vehicles had the most firepower and speed, but lower armor?
I think the vanguard is just going to have the biggest single shot, but lower overall DPS against the prowler, just like in PS1. Actually, high dps and mobility seems like an intresting combo.
Also, maybe it's not just the top speed being different, but also the way the tank accelerates. If you ride motorbikes (I know, oranges and apples ), you know that on narrow and twisty roads having a lot of torque is better than a shitload of top speed... The same could apply in close quarter combat where you have some way to get your tank behind cover.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-20, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by millo View Post
Why are a lot of people saying that the prowler is going to have weaker weapons compared to vanguards?
When people say they are "weaker" they are referring to per-shot damage, not dps. I expect DPS will be significantly higher on the Prowler.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion