The "Best" Stealth - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Abnormal since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-13, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Archonxvi
Private

The "Best" Stealth

I am interested in seeing which empire's stealth you think will be the best fpr what jobs. Currently, we have a good understanding of what the stealth armour does, we have an idea of the weapons that each group has, so we can begin to piece together some of the specialties each stealth armour would have. I would think that all stealths would make good hackers, though that goes without saying. (BTW, does hacking equip. take up the pistol or knife slot?)

Every group has the AMP, which does medium damage and is extremely rapid fire, would would be good for assassinations and close quarters (perhaps a stealth guarding gens and consoles).

The Vanu will have the only stealth that could possibly take out light vehicles, and would be able to take out a max if the stealths were all in a team. Furthermore, they would possess high levels of hit-and-run ability with their weapon, as a group could probably take out a vehicle if they attacked at the same time and focused their fire on a single target, and then ran away.

Depending on how shooting while in stealth is handled (do you "phase in" for a second after firing, or do you remain invisible?), the TR has the possiblilty of having relativly long range abilites with it's stealths, which would make them perfect for ambushes and surprise attacks, as they would be able to attack from afar, and then run and have enough of a head start to hide before the opponenet could track them down.

Finally, it seems that the NC stealths would be able to sneak into a squad, or perhaps hide directly in the squad's path, and then open fire as soon as they are quite close, dealing heavy damage to multiple opponents quickly, perhaps disabling the opposing suad before they are able to retaliate. However, they have the least ability to damage heavier armors (seeing as the weapon is a shotgun)

Thoughts?
Old 2002-12-13, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

/me wispers in Archonxvi's ear

they're all identical, just get a captured pistol from a member of your outfit if you want to fill a different role. And you phase in when you shoot.
Old 2002-12-13, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Archonxvi
Private

Isn't virtually everything save the MAX armours capturable, and therefore any arguement on empires in general of no consequence, unless refering to MAX armour, by that logic?
Old 2002-12-13, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

i was refering to the fact that basically everyone is going to be carring a pistol and i expect them to be common salvage. Nothing is going to be common on corpses other then pistols and knives because everyone has a different primary weapon prefence. Also Vehicles are going to be hard to jack when noone is looking and everyones basic armor has different properties. (NC is a little tougher, Vanu a little faster)

Edit: and if a stealth has to use his pistol, he isn't doing his job right, if a stealth is going to kill anyone it should be a melee boosted knife to the back of the head. They shouldn't even do that unless its a commander, there supposed to gather intelligence and hack/heal not kill.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2002-12-13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2002-12-13, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Archonxvi
Private

Does the knife do that much more damage/sec in comparison to the pistols?
Old 2002-12-13, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

if you use the secondary attack with a melee booster it is supposed to do massive damage.
Melee Booster
Drains a soldier's Stamina when he swings a knife, but greatly enhances the damage of that knife when it hits.
Knife
In regular attack mode, it delivers reasonable damage to its target. When the secondary mode is active, the Force Blade delivers greater damage.
Old 2002-12-13, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

We really haven't heard anything about the knife.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion