Why I love PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: what time is it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)

Old 2013-05-27, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Why I love PS2

Last night on Mattherson was another fun night on Indar and exemplified why I love this game. No other game I have ever played makes you feel like your actions can make an impact on the overall game, even if short term, and even now without a full meta game in place. What was even better was I was duoed with a buddy of mine who doesn't play very often and not since the lattice came into effect. He hasn't had the best of luck with PS2 so it was great for him to experience first hand what I'm always yammering about.

I logged in on the tail end of a large conflict at ceres and some vs outfits whom I won't name were repeatedly lemming themselves at a TR bridge chokepoint at Sandstone. After a few minutes of watching in frustration the moth to the flame going on I grabbed my bud and wraithed up around the main engagement to the north Hvar outpost as I noticed that TR was reacting to a NC push on their north eastern territory and hoped Hvar would be ripe and only a token force was holding the VS zerg in place.

Sure enough. We encountered only a little opposition initially and were able to hack terminals before hiding our sundy between the vehicle terminal and north hvar control point hoping the boys commanding the outfits at Sandstone would see it and put two and two together. Yeah at that moment I wish I had dropped some certs into the command chat but being a lonewolf for the most part and only playing with a few buds most of the time, I always thought it a waste of certs.

While I was holding my breath hoping for the first spawn, the stealthed sundy was spotted and came under attack. After that first defense our sundy was down to 1/5 health when the first spawn xp popped on my screen. 'c'mon c'mon' I kept hoping as I switched to AA max when my buddy spotted two esf coming in. A part of me was worried that the guys we went up against were part of the TR outift at sandstone and would send in more to sweep the place, but VS reaction time was quicker.

Slowly like a trickle of water through a crack in the damn, the spawns started. Then like hitting the jackpot on a one armed bandit, the spawn notfication dinged away as we worked on ensuring the sundy remained whole and kept the air at bay. Those that spawned assisted in repairing the sundy while the beginnings of an armor convoy started to form. Soon we had enough reinforcements we could relax a bit and enjoy the moment. My buddy and I were stoked and was great to hear his excitement.

The armor column moved south and Sandstone was taken shortly after while we maintained overwatch on our sundy and air deterence in the area. Hvar and Quartz quickly followed.

That's what I love about PS2. The actions of a few can at times outweigh the actions of the many. That all these 'small' efforts combined with the actions of the larger outfits mesh together to decide the fate of a faction's success at any given time. Two thumbs up for the lattice work, and keep the fine tuning coming devs.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Krakrok
Private

Re: Why I love PS2

I've new to PS2, but it's moments like what you describe that keeps me coming back. Even at the lower ranks and no clue what where I'm going half the time, I feel like I'm adding something valuable to the battlefield if I'm supporting those that know what they are doing.
Old 2013-05-29, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Krakrok View Post
I've new to PS2, but it's moments like what you describe that keeps me coming back. Even at the lower ranks and no clue what where I'm going half the time, I feel like I'm adding something valuable to the battlefield if I'm supporting those that know what they are doing.
Krakrok, I highly suggest you join a squad when your in game. While it is fun to know that something you did on your own like killing a tank, tossing a grenade, or capturing a control point opened up a stalemate or swung the battle you can expirience more of these moments in a good squad or platoon. I'm not saying jump in an outfit, but at least try some of the team play elements too. Going solo is fun sometimes though as well..
Old 2013-05-30, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Yeah, joining a squad helps most times, but only if they actually try to run as a squad. I would suggest if your going to join a squad, drop in with a recruiting branch of an outfit and tell them your new.

At least with an established outfit, there is a good chance of that they will be more organized and may take the time to explain a few things along the way. With a pub squad, its a crap shoot most times I find to actually see people staying and coordinating together.

Krakrok, if you see me in game feel free to send a tell and I'll help you where I can. I usually just run with my friends most times or lonewolf as for me its just easier as my tolerance level isn't what it use to be
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)