Delta Triad are Back! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Gotta be K/D
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)

Old 2013-06-13, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Delta Triad are Back!

Delta Triad is a VS Outfit playing on Mattherson. We participated in closed beta but despite high hopes were disappointed to find the game at that time emphasized numbers instead of skill. However since release PS2 has been moving in the right direction to the point where we're all excited to jump back in.

Those of you who who played PS1 feel free to skip to the bottom - you'll know all of this!

However to the rest of this community; Delta Triad is a gaming clan of FPS veterans. Our ethos is to take a small group of the most talented players available and accomplish the most challenging objectives in the game, usually while outnumbered. Formed in January of 2005, DT became one of the top outfits in Planetside 1 specializing in quick-response resecures. If you're interested in our history click the link for our Outfit Spotlight on PSU. Due to the targets we select we often operate without the assistance of our VS comrades, so we have to be confident in every member.

We make the best use of movement and spawning mechanics to come to the defence of the Sovereignty much faster than most Outfits. This makes the game feel more intense and fast-paced for our members; often capturing a base, immediately going to resecure another, then investigating an enemy incursion on a different Continent all within a 5 minute window. If you think PlanetSide is a slow game, you're doing it wrong.

As a clan we prioritize teamwork and unity. As such, each member is considered equal and there are no ranks or officers in DT. Every member has earned the respect of the rest of the group, be they the newest member or the most veteran and so they all have equal say within the clan. In our experience, ranks are unnecessary and often divisive when you're dealing with dedicated, experienced and mature players. This tends to attract players who care more about being an equal part of a great squad than 'leading' an average one.

Now that Planetside 2 is beginning to look more and more like our beloved Planetside, we're back and looking to expand our player base. For a quick rundown:
  • DT is about quality over quantity. We're not for everyone and we realise many 'casual' gamers wouldn't be interested in the challenge of joining a clan like DT.
  • Unfortunately as a small Outfit we cannot accept 'Alt' characters, therefore if you wish to join you must play your VS character as your main.
  • Your activity level should be high - and you must enjoy playing as part of a team
  • Every member needs to be comfortable using Mumble to communicate while playing.
  • If your primary character in game is MAX, Infiltrator, Light Assault or Heavy Assault, you must have either Medic or Engineer as your secondary class. This is a requirement of all members and allows us to play effectively and cohesively.
  • You must be capable of holding your own both as infantry and in vehicles.
  • You must be both easy-going and mature. Most members of Delta Triad are between 18-35 and all are experienced gamers.
  • It is recommended that applicants are 17 or above. Younger applicants may still be given a tryout but as I have already pointed out, maturity is one of the most important things we look for in new members.
  • Potential members will go through a stringent trial period to assess this suitability. Be advised, during the lifespan of PS1 we'd estimate only about 5-10% of applicants were successful. It is difficult but the playstyle is a fun one and you'll definitely improve as a gamer whether you're ultimately successful or not.

Over the past couple weeks, we have regularly been resecuring and flipping points against overwhelming odds using 5-10 man squads. This is our modus operandi. This is the most demanding way to play the game; as we are invariably outnumbered, but we also think it's the way that's most fun.

To submit an application and begin playing with us, visit our forums to register an account and make a recruitment post. If you don't read the stickied thread that says 'Read before you post', we will make fun of you.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sea of Ink
Private

Re: Delta Triad are Back!

yay!!! just what we need, more good VS players on Mattherson.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Hi Dart!

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2013-06-17, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Hey man,

Who you playing with these days?
Old 2013-06-17, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Thanks guys. It's nice to see some people still remember us.

Incidentally if you've never heard of us we're the top Outfit of 25+ members on the server in K/D ratio - quite a long way ahead of the 2nd place and miles, about 33%, ahead of 3rd.

Last edited by Dart; 2013-06-17 at 03:47 PM.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mongoose
Private

The largest pop faction on the server getting larger? This server just got more broken

Last edited by Mongoose; 2013-06-17 at 04:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kalee J
Sergeant

It will be a pleasure to see DT around the battlefield again.
Old 2013-06-17, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Hey man,

Who you playing with these days?
A little with the Overlords on TR, and mostly NC with the Black Arrows. Though I haven't played too much recently.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2013-06-18, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ralek
Contributor
Private

Nice to see DT back.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Chums up, let's do this.

= Crack addict
Old 2013-06-21, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
NKGotMilk
Private

Good to see you guys back. I know VS is tradition, but we're really hurting on TR t_t
Old 2013-06-21, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Welcome back!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-21, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks boss! It's encouraging to see the game going in the right direction!
Old 2013-06-21, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Welcome back DT, sorry I don't get to shoot you guys anymore.

Old 2013-06-21, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

OH BOY! Good to see you guys around again.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Mattherson (US East)