Lancer is back? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this jump suit make my butt look big?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-28, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Re: Lancer is back?

Well, 'anti-matter' is pretty much copyrighted by Star Trek, so they needed something else 'anti'.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Yeah this surfaced during or shortly after E3. I think it's a pretty safe bet we'll be seeing the original AV weapons return, although most likely different than what we're used to.

The sheer selection of weapons in PS2 already appears to be staggering as compared to PS1. Might as well re-do the original weapons, it makes for more guns to choose from.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
Well, 'anti-matter' is pretty much copyrighted by Star Trek, so they needed something else 'anti'.
An Anti-Materiel Rifle is a real thing.

And a hell of a lot of other games/movies use antimatter. I don't understand what you're going for there.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Having the Lancer, Striker and Pheonix operate so entirely differently in PS1 was fun for variety, but pretty silly for practical balancing purposes. They all filled such radically different niches under the anti vehicular umbrella.

I recall them saying that in PS2, all 3 empires Heavy Assault troopers would get some form of lockon AV gun, dumb fire AV gun, and guided AV gun.

Maybe for the dumb fire, the VS will get the Lancer, the NC will get some updated form of the Decimator, and the TR will get a slightly more anti vehicular version of the Rocklet.
Old 2012-06-29, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Maybe for the dumb fire, the VS will get the Lancer, the NC will get some updated form of the Decimator, and the TR will get a slightly more anti vehicular version of the Rocklet.
That would really just be a Dumb-fire Stryker(although an option to shoot all of the missiles quickly like the PS1 rocklet would be pretty cool.

Anyone have a picture of the TR or NC HA AV Certs? Maybe we'll get some hints from the names.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-06-29, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
Balance wise, what could they work on ? Fire rate, accuracy, projectile speed, magazine size, reload time ?

The only thing that matters is that if the Lancer in PS2 is as good as in PS1, those NC rockets would hit reaaaally hard. And have triple-shot.
>.<
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion