Spawn room camping - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Perfected water landings.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-01, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Spawn room camping

Attach the spawn to a building similar to this that has access to the roof and wa la. The spawn camping in the outposts and so on is done. As for the towers and such give us access back into the spawn room.

Old 2012-10-01, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

The moment they announced that you would no longer be able to spawn as a MAX I knew spawn camping would blow up.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-10-01, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

wow, the same old discussion we were having in the 1990's about Quake 1.
Old 2012-10-01, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The moment they announced that you would no longer be able to spawn as a MAX I knew spawn camping would blow up.
It also didnt help they took out the lockout for bases, because in its current form you can actually recap a base if you hold the spawn tubes long enough.
Old 2012-10-01, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Fenrys
Major

The pain field will work if it's fast enough to overcome a crowd of medics using AoE heals.

If you find yourself getting spawn camped from inside a pain field, just wait 10 seconds before spawning again and they should all be dead or moved out.
Old 2012-10-01, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Ultimately "all's fair in love and war" plus we can only play what we are given and ussually with a little time people figure out how to overcome things that are not blatantly broken and makle them non-issues.

Beta is Beta!
Old 2012-10-01, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
dsi
Staff Sergeant

They're adding pain fields?

Cool, tell me when they drop the magic shields and add hackable/destructable doors and destructable tubes.
Old 2012-10-02, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
IRSAudit
Private

The tower spawn camping issues are going to be resolved with pain fields, I'm not going to worry about that.

It's the single room spawn area at all the rest of the bases that get me. Having two tanks camping each door (and sometimes there's only one door) is dumb. I concede it's a "valid tactic" and done it quite a few times myself, but does it equate to fun? Not for me personally, even when I'm the one doing it. It's much more enjoyable to be out in an honest battle.

The spawn structures like the ones at places like Broken Arch Road and Snake Ravine Lookout need to be changed so that there's more field of view out of them. My idea is this:

1. Fix the shielding so that splash damage does not come through them and make sure the spawning team can shoot out everything of them.

2. Take the roofs off of them and cover it with the shields that are currently on the doors

3. Put some stairs up the entire length of the one of the long walls.

This way the enemy can't predict where players will come out, there's less backstop for splash damage, and LA gets's the added advantage of jump jetting out on the side that doesn't have stairs. This would greatly cut down on spawn camping, or at least make it more challenging, without giving the spawners an unfair advantage like timed invincibility.
Old 2012-10-02, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

June 22, 1996 That's when Quake 1 came out. Quakeworld Team Fortress came a few months after that. That's 16 years ago.

"OMG SPAWN CAMPING!"

"Hey I have an idea let's have 2 spawn rooms on 2Fort4."

"Yeah great idea."

16 years later.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-10-02 at 09:54 AM.
Old 2012-10-02, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Camping is fun, I don't know what you're all talking about. You guys don't know what camping is anyways.
Old 2012-10-02, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

What about Reavers,vanguards,Sithes, Magriders, skeeters, Prowlers and lightnings camping the various facilities Spawn room exits? This is just as annoying . You would need various entries/exits to minimize camping.

But if you ask me if you just captured the facility then i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to go through the forcefield. In PS1 the spawn room had 3 entry/exit by which you could enter the spawn room aside from spawning. That would take care of a lot of camping.

Last edited by capiqu; 2012-10-02 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hamma
PSU Admin

The devs are working on the whole spawn camping thing, and I'm honestly not to worried about it as is now.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-03, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
What about Reavers,vanguards,Sithes, Magriders, skeeters, Prowlers and lightnings camping the various facilities Spawn room exits? This is just as annoying . You would need various entries/exits to minimize camping.

But if you ask me if you just captured the facility then i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to go through the forcefield. In PS1 the spawn room had 3 entry/exit by which you could enter the spawn room aside from spawning. That would take care of a lot of camping.
Of course... those entry points lead to the insides of a vast base with chokepoints to control the influx of infantry. :/

No amount of exits helps in PS2 if they all lead outside unless it becomes so silly there's far more exits than players camping...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion