1 empire per account and F2P - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One (1) Hamma in the hand is worth the two (2) hiding in that bush...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-25, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Crator
Major General

Re: 1 empire per account and F2P

I eventually always test out the other empires. I played all 3 in PS1. Makes no sense to lock the account to only one empire per server in a F2P system. Just put back the PS1 empire lock timer to prevent empire hopping. Perhaps assign a variable to the timer so that it will be less time if the empire you're trying to switch to has lower pops then the other empires. More time to the timer if the empire you're trying to switch to has more pops then the other empires.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-03-25 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Truemedic
Private

I used to be NC All the way but my feelings towards the other empires have grown significantly more positive seeing all the rivalry makes me go, WOW! TR and VS seem really cool!(apart from the fact that I'd hate to be called a purple fairy). I was kind of sad when I heard about the empire lock as it will only make my choice even harder. I do hope there is some alternative such as allowing multiple characters of various empires on an account if you purchase that ability from the store (some say that's unfair but to me it seems reasonable).
Old 2012-03-25, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
IronMole
Sergeant Major

All arguments are flawed when the game is F2P.

I see a future for 1 empire per sever/account in case SOE want to do some empire/account reward scheme.

Inconvenience in a F2P game doesn't cut the argument. If there was a price in place, then I would agree.

Even putting an empire lock on the account will still result in multiple accounts due it being much easier/better.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Truemedic View Post
I do hope there is some alternative such as allowing multiple characters of various empires on an account if you purchase that ability from the store (some say that's unfair but to me it seems reasonable).
Actually i could go with that too, i'd quite happily pay a few quid not to have to have several accounts at once

On a secondary note, surely making everyone have 2 or 3 accounts would make empire hopping worse since you'd not be able to enforce some sort of cooldown on it. Where as if we had all 3 on 1 acc, you could put a small timer in (again could be circumvented but many may be too lazy, same arguement as the pro 1 acc have for spying i guess)

EDIT: to add moles quote in

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Inconvenience in a F2P game doesn't cut the argument. If there was a price in place, then I would agree.
again kind of my point, inconvenience in a F2P is never really going to stop anyone doing something if they want to, so why make things harder for normal people

Last edited by Redshift; 2012-03-25 at 08:31 AM.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Actually i could go with that too, i'd quite happily pay a few quid not to have to have several accounts at once

On a secondary note, surely making everyone have 2 or 3 accounts would make empire hopping worse since you'd not be able to enforce some sort of cooldown on it. Where as if we had all 3 on 1 acc, you could put a small timer in (again could be circumvented but many may be too lazy, same arguement as the pro 1 acc have for spying i guess)

EDIT: to add moles quote in

again kind of my point, inconvenience in a F2P is never really going to stop anyone doing something if they want to, so why make things harder for normal people
But is it actually that much harder? Most normal people will create 2 accounts if an empire lock is imposed, since the game is "free" after all...

It's really hard to implement such things when accounts are easy and simple to create.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Truemedic
Private

But is it actually that much harder? Most normal people will create 2 accounts if an empire lock is imposed, since the game is "free" after all....
That depends on how you look at it. Personally for me, I do NOT want 3 extra accounts and having to remember 3 more different passwords from the already countless amount of accounts over the internet I already own. Sure if someone doesn't have the money they will make 3 new accounts but let those that can have everything on one account, happen.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Redshift
Major

But is it actually that much harder? Most normal people will create 2 accounts if an empire lock is imposed, since the game is "free" after all...

It's really hard to implement such things when accounts are easy and simple to create.
that's exactly the point, if it's so easy and makes no difference, why bother forcing people to do it,

it's just a barrier that will be annoying and serve no purpose

don't get me wrong, i'll be playing all three empire, on 3 accounts if needed, but i'd prefer not to have all the fuss, I'd like Higby et al. to think about this before the game goes live, since it'd be easy to do something about it now, and a nightmare when everyone has 3 accounts later
Old 2012-03-25, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Truemedic View Post
That depends on how you look at it. Personally for me, I do NOT want 3 extra accounts and having to remember 3 more different passwords from the already countless amount of accounts over the internet I already own. Sure if someone doesn't have the money they will make 3 new accounts but let those that can have everything on one account, happen.
3 accounts doesn't require you to have 3 different passwords.

Also, what has money go to do with having 1 or 3 different accounts? The game is free.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
IronMole
Sergeant Major

that's exactly the point, if it's so easy and makes no difference, why bother forcing people to do it,

it's just a barrier that will be annoying and serve no purpose

don't get me wrong, i'll be playing all three empire, on 3 accounts if needed, but i'd prefer not to have all the fuss, I'd like Higby et al. to think about this before the game goes live, since it'd be easy to do something about it now, and a nightmare when everyone has 3 accounts later
It's the logic behind the game. They might want to have empire specific accounts since they've made the game more empire specific - so rewards schemes etc for loyalty.

All can be done different ways, I agree. I'm not in favour of one or the other as either doesn't bother me.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Truemedic
Private

3 accounts doesn't require you to have 3 different passwords.

Also, what has money go to do with having 1 or 3 different accounts? The game is free.
For the sake of security I never use the same password, it's just a rule of thumb for me.

As for money yes I know it's a free game but if they were still going to have empire locks at release I would pay to have different empires on my single account.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Bazilx
First Sergeant

He also used correct grammar and spelling....
... would be pointless as it's just far more easier to create a new "free" account and switch that way.
Really? See avatar.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-03-25 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

You won't be able to prevent spying, all you can do is reduce the rewards associated with it. Nobody is going to bother spying if it doesn't give them or their faction an advantage. I guess how much of a problem that will be and how to mitigate it depends on the gameplay, so we won't know until beta.

I have a feeling the only sensitive information will be the movements and goals of the more serious outfits, which might rely a lot on the element of surprise to make strategic captures behind enemy lines and that sort of thing. They'll probably have to deal with spies in their own way, I'm sure anyone who's been near the top of a major 0.0 corp in EVE will have some ideas on that.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Mirror
First Sergeant

I think it's been said that there will be an initial purchase price. I think 1 empire per server should stand. if you want to play another empire try them all during beta or play it on another server when the game is live.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-03-25, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
I think it's been said that there will be an initial purchase price.
No, it's been said many times it's completly free
Old 2012-03-25, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
IronMole
Sergeant Major

No, it's been said many times it's completly free
That's my major gripe. The game should be B2P, this prevents the game being riddled with hackers etc...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion