Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2007-08-30, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Cool EVE Article

So's making up stories about laws-of-physics defying cars, bullet proof computers and shooting people.

Whats your point?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2007-08-30 at 11:16 AM.
Old 2007-08-30, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Rob: 1 Spyder: 0
Old 2007-08-30, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
So's making up stories about laws-of-physics defying cars, bullet proof computers and shooting people.

Whats your point?

Old 2007-08-30, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

This thread sucks now

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2007-08-31, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Giovanni
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post

Whats your point?

As far as the car goes, The car was a Porsche 911, the guys were speeding and I saw the accident site. It's a two lane off ramp with shitty aluminum bars to "stop" cars from flipping over should they stray from the road. Guys think they're real smart and weave between cars at god knows what speed on the off ramp. Hits bad road condition flip into the shitty railing and propels down a fucking hill. Details make a god damn difference now don't they? Once you hear the story from different people that were there it's a whole other story. But once you have the specifics of it.... well god damn!

As for the rest you can just go and fuck yourself over the shit that went down over three years ago. Pretty much everyone is over it. Except you it seems.
Old 2007-08-31, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kam
Major

Yes and you're one to talk about "getting over shit." =/
Old 2007-08-31, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This thread sucks now
What did you expect? These Eve thread always turn into a 3 sided flame war between Rbstr, Sobe, and those who dont play. Also, these threads grow way too fast.
Old 2007-08-31, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

I like watching the fight and commenting the scores. I let go of EVE thank god. The game was great. But it just got too tiresome. Second jobs suck.
Old 2007-09-01, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

I know how you feel peace, but I can't help missing EVE sometimes. That game required more skill than other MMOs and made you feel like a somebody when you could go toe to toe with someone in their Deimos with an Arbitrator. Oh yea, I won that fight too. Also, EVE was a great game for socializing. Because you had to wait around for a lot of stuff you had time to talk to people. I miss that especially.

I'm gonna give EVE another shot when the likes of station walking and DX10 support come out, and I hope some of you guys join me.
Old 2007-09-01, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

I may

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2007-09-01, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Mag-Mower View Post
What did you expect? These Eve thread always turn into a 3 sided flame war between Rbstr, Sobe, and those who dont play. Also, these threads grow way too fast.
Yeah, Rbstr does seem to be the most consistant of my detractors. If I even post in an Eve thread, he is there almost immediately talking shit...sometimes he gets backed up...sometimes he doesn't.

Doesn't matter though.

Old 2007-09-07, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kam View Post
They should just disband all corps and alliances and remove everyones sovereignty in 0.0 so everyone can have a shot at it again. As it stands you either join BoB or goon or you join some other alliance and they get picked up by BoB a month later.
Or, you should just learn to play EVE.

Wiping the servers (of anything, in any way) would be a terrible idea in just about every way. How so? Well you sorta alienate basically your entire customer base, or at least the segment of it that has being playing for more then a year, and actually does know shit about the game and give a shit about their character and standing in the galaxy.

The hardcore EVE player gives a shit about all of that. If I woke up one morning and my alliance was just gone, I'd most definitely cancel. WHY? Well in a lot of cases people play EVE for the relative freedom you enjoy in game, freedom that CCP has always supported, by wiping the servers of characters or corporations or anything they effectively limit their championed freedom. You loose that entire customer base.

Add into that, how would you feel if you just fought a few months conquering "so and so" and you wake up the next morning and everything is just reset. It's a terrible idea.

As for system caps? I don't know what you're on about. There is no system cap, which is essentially the problem. They're damned if they do a system cap, damned if they don't. If they do it, well then the system capacity is limited. If they don't do it, it's still limited. And guess what, fleet battles have pretty much always been this way, for basically as long as I can remember (I've played since launch). They've never been fun, they've always been slideshows (except for maybe the ones that happened before the advent of the industrial).

You're just a looney.
Old 2007-09-07, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kam
Major

lol
Old 2007-09-07, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Infernus
Lieutenant General

A witty response, indeed.
Old 2007-09-08, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kam
Major

You in-game much? I have a channel if you want to drop in.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge