Gameplay: Meta-Game quick fix - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We eat babies.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-09, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
phantombeard
Private

Lightbulb Meta-Game quick fix

I initially thought warp gate rotation would be a good idea, but having a permanent base that's yours that doesn't change colors after a capture is something that provides a concrete foundation for each empire on each continent.

So what I don't understand is why they don't implement some sort of focus program. Every day, every 6 hours, some time frame like that; create some sort of incentive to take x, y, and z bases on continent q. This would move action off of Indar when those targets are on Esamir, for example. This would also enhance the meta game because ostensibly there would be individual rewards as well as empire rewards that would come with it.

It shouldn't be a random: "Take these three bases". It should have some sort of strategic by-lines:

"The VS discovered alien tech beneath Heyoka. After beginning intercourse with said find there was a massive detonation and now all empires are scrambling to gain control of this technological advantage! Take Heyoka and 2 connecting bases to establish control of the region." (Could grant discounted cert point and station cash costs for a certain period or for given items.)

Once the targeted base is determined, it, and all connecting bases would turn neutral and the masses would descend upon it until a victor emerged as king of the mountain.

Player-established outposts is a great idea too, mine would take very little to implement immediately. So what do you guys think?

Last edited by phantombeard; 2013-01-09 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sladuog
Private

Re: Meta-Game quick fix

There is no meta-game quick fix.

I think one of the main things wrong with the game currently is that capturing bases feels like it usually occurs as a by-product of fighting, instead of the other way around.

Instead of striking where the enemy is weakest in order to quickly take an important base, people seem to want to go to where both opposing empires are strongest to gain certs.

I've seen people rush a base, get people on the point, and if there's nobody spawning any more and therefore no kill XP coming in, grab flashes and continue to the next base, because the amount of XP they can get from killing people is greater than the amount of XP they can gain from hanging around to make sure the base is capped.

I don't know how many kills it would take to equal the XP from a base cap in PS1, but I'm pretty sure it would be quite a lot.

Just thought of this: the base gives out more XP when capped based on how long it's been held by the opposing faction, divided by the number of times an assault has failed. Probably a dumb mechanic. Would make some bases too defensible.

Last edited by Sladuog; 2013-01-09 at 05:55 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault