How to respond to GU11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheese is nothing. Behold, The Power of Wang.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-22, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: How to respond to GU11

I for one am happy with the GU11 updates.

EDIT: LOL, megabug... My post is ABOVE the OP's. I guess that means something.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-06-22 at 09:51 AM.
Old 2013-06-22, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
omega four
Staff Sergeant

How to respond to GU11

I can't post this thread on the official SOE forums for obvious reasons. But if you're really dissatisfied with one thing or another about GU11, then boycott PS2 until the offending things in GU11 are hotfixed out or removed in GU12.

SOE is monitoring the number of players VERY closely with each gamechanging hotfix (like GU11). Show SOE how you really feel by voting with your PS2-gaming time.

I see thread after thread on the official PS2 forums from gamers who are unhappy with PS2. But only a small percentage of them state that they will stop playing PS2 until the offending item is fixed or removed from GU11. By not actually leaving PS2, these gamers are only showing SOE that they (the gamers) will eventually adapt to GU11's changes.

This gives SOE no incentive whatsoever to revert the changes of GU11.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post

EDIT: LOL, megabug... My post is ABOVE the OP's. I guess that means something.
LOL I was wondering how your reply to my post got above my OP!

I haven't had a chance to play PS2 since they implemented GU11. But I've seen LOTS of complaint posts on the official PS2 forums, more than the usual number after any given GU release.

It's too early to tell if these changes are part of a metagame or just another money-farming scheme of SOE's (in the form of selling implants, boosts, etc. to remedy the GU11 changes).
Old 2013-06-22, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Officially my first complaint of PS2. Patched game today pulled a Prowler and crashed out of game. Ok logged on again try to pull Prowler and it gives me need resources. so I check and Prowler now cost 450, WTF? I than pull a quad and just before exiting the warpgate, crash again. I ask myself why do you keep trying to play this game?
What is the test Server for? Soe needs a way to get some players to the test server and try out these changes before bringing them on live servers. I am extremely patient, but if I'm now borderline giving up I see why some have left.

Old 2013-06-22, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
phungus
Master Sergeant

As far as I'm concerned GU11 is the best update the game has gotten so far.

What exactly are your issues with GU11?
Old 2013-06-22, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Indeed. One could venture that your post is how one should respond to GU11

Anywho, I don't really see the point in boycotting PS2. If they end up wanting to change the changes then it's going to take time. I would personally rather have people offer constructive feedback about why the changes are bad, than trying to punish them. I doubt a boycott will make them Work any faster.

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
I haven't had a chance to play PS2 since they implemented GU11. But I've seen LOTS of complaint posts on the official PS2 forums, more than the usual number after any given GU release.
Wait, wait, wait, wait... Wait, waaaaait, wait, waittt etc. Did you make this thread based on the player "feedback" you've read on the official forum?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-06-22 at 10:16 AM.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
camycamera
Major

what the fuck did GU11 do wrong? NOTHING. and don't you dare say the resource costs.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
As far as I'm concerned GU11 is the best update the game has gotten so far.

What exactly are your issues with GU11?
I don't really have issues with GU11 as I haven't played PS2 yet since GU11 was released (still traveling on business).

But I have seen LOTS of complaints about GU11 on the official PS2 forums. Much more than you normally see for any given GU release.

I don't think I'm a fan of the increase in resource costs but I understand why SOE did it (it wants to make PS2 even more infantry-centric than it already is).

For example, I've been told by many that the Flash quadrunner is the solution to traversing great distances rather than running on foot or waiting for a Gal to take you somewhere. I thought it's cost of 25 and relatively short time was reasonable. But to increase the cost of the Flash to 100 seems to defeat the purpose of its intended use.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I agree and think that people should voice their objections to GU11.

I also think that people should vote with their wallets and playing time to further reinforce their displeasure with PS2's game changes, where warranted.

Otherwise, SOE will assume (incorrectly) that gamers will eventually adapt to GU11's changes and are simply "whining".

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Indeed. One could venture that your post is how one should respond to GU11

Anywho, I don't really see the point in boycotting PS2. If they end up wanting to change the changes then it's going to take time. I would personally rather have people offer constructive feedback about why the changes are bad, than trying to punish them. I doubt a boycott will make them Work any faster.

Wait, wait, wait, wait... Wait, waaaaait, wait, waittt etc. Did you make this thread based on the player "feedback" you've read on the official forum?
Old 2013-06-22, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

True enough. IF people are capable of actually performing a boycott then it might work, doesn't normally work though. Still don't think that it's warranted in this case and it just seems like the normal forum moaning, even if it's more moaning than normal... Is that how we measure how good/bad a patch is? The Moan-O-Meter?

In general I'm all for not paying for a product that isn't living up to one's expectations, should be normal consumer practice.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Agreed. Most gamers don't have the willpower or discipline to put their "actions" behind their words. Most gamers moan because it's the path to least resistance to effecting change but aren't willing to "put up or shut up".

I don't think I'm a fan of the vehicle resources change even though I haven't played PS2 with the GU11 release yet. But if I find that I can't pull enough vehicles to my satisfaction and pleasure (as I did prior to GU11), then I'll divert my limited gaming time to other vehicle-centric F2P games in the marketplace.

I'll have no regrets leaving PS2 as it's already given me hundreds of hours of fun gametime playing its vehicles. In return, I've given SOE my hard-earned cash in return.

But all good things must eventually come to an end....

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
True enough. IF people are capable of actually performing a boycott then it might work, doesn't normally work though. Still don't think that it's warranted in this case and it just seems like the normal forum moaning, even if it's more moaning than normal... Is that how we measure how good/bad a patch is? The Moan-O-Meter?

In general I'm all for not paying for a product that isn't living up to one's expectations, should be normal consumer practice.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Isn't there always a lot of complaining on the Official Forums?
Old 2013-06-22, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dodgy Commando View Post
Isn't there always a lot of complaining on the Official Forums?
Yes, there is. While most of it is knee-jerk reactions, there are some well-thought out dialog on there at times.

It's why I much vastly prefer discussing PS2 on this forum (the Planetside-Universe forum) instead of the official PS2 forums.

For the most part, all the discourse on this forum has been intelligent, objective, and mature. Not so much on the official PS2 forums.

Plus, the mods on this forum appear to be mature, intelligent adults who are sincerely interested about PS2. The mods on the official PS2 forums couldn't care less about PS2 for the most part and treat their duties as a paying job.
Old 2013-06-22, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
MrMak
Sergeant Major

I couldnt care less what the peopel on the official forums think.

I honestly wouldnt be suprised if the devs didnt pay much attention to it either.

Im gusing most of it i about "airside".

Been playing around with AA today and it seems to be in a good place. I cant realy do mor than take a few ptoshots at them when they are smaller than my reticule and that seems fair. Once they get closer (as in at a ranhe an ESF can actualy hit you reliably) damage output is fine. Been able to protet a sunderer from marauding Scythes with a few Burster Maxes but couldnt mess with the ones fighting elswhere in the area.

Even the skyguard seems decent now despite the fireing cone not being changed which suprised me. Could maybe use a bit more damage at close range but thats about it.

As for the resources causing pay 2 win beocuse of the bossts......I seme to be doing just fine despite not having membership or any boosts.......maybe peopel will start actualy geting into open spots instead of constantly pulling thier own and driving off alone.
Old 2013-06-22, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
LOL I was wondering how your reply to my post got above my OP!

It's too early to tell if these changes are part of a metagame or just another money-farming scheme of SOE's (in the form of selling implants, boosts, etc. to remedy the GU11 changes).
Theres is always lots of complains on the official forums, about EVERYTHING.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion