Tech Plant Concept - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click Paypal link for new quote!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-18, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Tech Plant Concept

That thing is going to be a Light Assault's paradise! Look at all the places you can jumpjet up to and ambush from!

There's something special about art and base/world design like this; you can hardly wait to get out there and explore the entire world!
Old 2012-04-18, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Noivad
Master Sergeant

It has been stated that you can fit 6 PS1 bases into one of the new PS2 bases. It has been stated that it would take 15 mins to climb the stairs of said base so there will be a method of moving from one level to another. It has been stated that there will be infantry only fighting areas with in the base. If they have internal building areas similiar to DCUO then that will be really awsome as some of them have open areas with the buildings that are three level with area to fight from on mult levels. The graphics are great as well. Now if they could put a DCUO interior inside of a mountainside that would blow me away.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-04-18, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Fenrod View Post
My thoughts exactly.
There's gotta be a decepticon symbol somewhere in this mess !
You are confused: then it'd be Metrotitan.
Old 2012-04-18, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

About the scale:

And from twitter: Tramell Ray Isaac ‏ @PS_TRay Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@Trolltaxi its about 2x taller than the amp station

Last edited by Trolltaxi; 2012-04-18 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Figment
Lieutenant General

Personally think it looks small, but I think we forget to look at it in its context of surrounding buildings and all.

Do hope there'll be underground passages, but I somehow doubt that. Room by room, it may not be THAT large proportionally. What we're used to is one big building with all interconnected passages, the new bases may not have that same setup. If it's a lot like CoD with a lot of loose buildings, I'm not sure how big infantry fights will be, what with the vehicle presence outside each building.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-18 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Anyone else see the four massive gun pods on the four corners of this base? To me it looks like the gun barrels are pointing down like they are inactive.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Would be funny if you could get a day job in the tech plant as an engineer, clock in and clock out. And be oblivious to the war. Haha

Actually that would be pretty badass, if you could have a team of engineers who can sit in the factory and increase the production or quality of vehicles.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I think Higby said in an interview that there would be some underground corridor base fighting, but not nearly to the extent of PS1. Hearing that made me quite happy.

This base concept art looks great. Since the bases now seem to be modular and built of components, I think it would be great if we had some variance in size. So a particular Amp station could be well-known for being the largest Amp station on Indar etc.

Anything they can do like that to make bases more individual would be a big win. Base caps got old pretty quick in PS1 (but we did them for years and years anyway :P ).
Old 2012-04-18, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Anyone else see the four massive gun pods on the four corners of this base? To me it looks like the gun barrels are pointing down like they are inactive.
Actually, I think those are thrusters. The landing struts lead me to believe it was deployed from orbit.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil View Post
Actually, I think those are thrusters. The landing struts lead me to believe it was deployed from orbit.
But that couldn't be, unless... the bases used to be ships of the fleet

I think they are either battleship-scale artillery pieces or surface to orbit weapons

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-04-18 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Shogun
Contributor
General

back when we got the first lore info, there was something mentioned, that the structures are dropped in from orbit. can´t remember where it was said, but i am sure this was said by a dev.

and if you look at any other building from gdc demo, they all look like they could be dropped from orbit. especially the bio ufo

about the scale:
when we got the other picture of this base (when everybody thought that struts were mechs) the devs wrote, that this is the biggest structure that´s in the game.
so don´t look at the doors... look at the landing pads. i suppose those are galaxy size airpads.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-18, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
About the scale:

And from twitter: Tramell Ray Isaac ‏ @PS_TRay Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@Trolltaxi its about 2x taller than the amp station
Damn. We've seen how large the AMP station is in comparison of scale. Even those smaller side vehicle bays on the tech plant will be able to have 4 sunderers abreast I would estimate.
Old 2012-04-18, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
The Janitor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
Pretty sure there are no automated turrets at launch. Even engi turrets must be manned.
Fine by me, it's more fun that way.
Old 2012-04-18, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I'm well aware of the scale the doors imply and it still doesn't look as big as an AMP station, nor is it as wide or tall as a Bio Lab. Maybe it's just the smallest base now.

The only way I can change my mind is to see a nice top down and side view comparison on the bases. From same distance, angle, etc.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-04-18 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2012-04-18, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Im slightly underwhelmed. It looks good, but for some reason I don't find it that exciting. Doesn't scream tech plant to me. I'm also slightly dissapointed in the lack of a Tunnel.

I'll miss you, V-bay tunnel.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion