Planetside Installation Guide '11 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Death is not only the beginning, A repawn is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-01-29, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Planetside Installation Guide '11

Open planetside launcher -> log in under account that you should of already setup.

Next click on the big purple button that says subscribe.

It should bring you to another page with a login. Re-log in using your same credentials.

It will now send you to a bogus page that says oops where did that page go.

Hit the close button and it should send you to your account management page.

Go to game pass info.

hit subscribe -> select option. $14.99 a month

go back out and re-log in and it should download the client.

????

Profit

your welcome

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-01-29 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2012-01-29, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

I think it has to do with the new launcher.I'd just wait until then.
Old 2012-01-29, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

See post above RodneyC

Old 2012-01-29, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Yutty
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Open planetside launcher -> log in under account that you should of already setup.

Next click on the big purple button that says subscribe.

It should bring you to another page with a login. Re-log in using your same credentials.

It will now send you to a bogus page that says oops where did that page go.

Hit the close button and it should send you to your account management page.

Go to game pass info.

hit subscribe -> select option. $14.99 a month

go back out and re-log in and it should download the client.

????

Profit

your welcome
In the game pass info section it doesn't even list Planetside as an option all it shows is:

free realms
starwars
pirates of the burning sea
dc universe
and everquest

on another sony account of mine it has the same except vangaurd is included. when logged on to my sony account i go to browse their pc game list and i see planetside but if i click on the buy now option it sends me to gamefly with a page can not be found.

But everything else that you said happend got the oops. Not really interested in playing it much but I just want to buy the game and subscribe so i can get into planetside 2 beta but sony is making this very difficult.

Last edited by Yutty; 2012-01-29 at 07:07 PM.
Old 2012-01-29, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

yep it does look like they took it down. Well you could always try your local gamestop or w/e you have in your area.

You could also try giving them a call. They might be able to help ya out.

Old 2012-01-29, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Yutty
Sergeant

***called them they got me the 20$ package the 10 bucks one from d2d no longer works

Last edited by Yutty; 2012-01-30 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2012-02-18, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sifer2
Major

Does the Planetside All in One Bundle on Station.com work? It brings up a page to enter credit card info but i'm honestly scared to try it. What with the uncertainty going on here with dead links and the game being pulled from download sites. It's also the full 20 dollars. Not 12 dollars like some said. Unless you still do have to buy the game to play.
Old 2012-02-18, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
HoovesMcG
Corporal

I cannot find this game anywhere. Id love to get in there and learn a bit before PS2 hits. Very frustrating. Its like SOE doesnt care about PS1 anymore, which I can understand. But with this new release coming, there are bound to be more people like me looking to get some learning in.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

You dont really want to play PS1 in its current state. From 03-06/7ish it was an amazing game, past that tho it is underpopulated and full of hackers (not as bad atm as it used to be).

Also with how much is changing for PS2, it wont really matter if you played PS1. Only things that seem to be remaining from PS1 is names of stuff.
Old 2012-02-19, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Zulthus
Colonel

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST

Goddamn. Just read through the thread. It's been posted (by me) at least 183 times.

1. Download the damned game for FREE http://planetside.station.sony.com/download.vm

2. Hit subscribe (YES, it DOES still work, I've done it numerous times)

3. HAVE SOME FUCKIN' FUN BABY!

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-02-19 at 12:02 AM.
Old 2012-02-19, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST

Goddamn. Just read through the thread. It's been posted (by me) at least 183 times.

1. Download the damned game for FREE http://planetside.station.sony.com/download.vm

2. Hit subscribe (YES, it DOES still work, I've done it numerous times)

3. HAVE SOME FUCKIN' FUN BABY!

Try everything you said with a fresh new account. When you hit subscribe it goes to a dead page. Closing that it goes to your account management. And you don't find Planetside listed under game pass options.

SOE's station website is horribly designed. But I have found that from your account management if you hit "Games" then click "SOE All Access". Then from this page hit "Shop" then magically the "Game Pass Plans" option is now available. Even though its not from your account management. And there at long last you will find the subscribe to Planetside option.

However trying it on a fresh account I noticed attempting to subscribe takes you to page where you can buy the Planetside All in One bundle. I'm guessing it may still be necessary to buy the game not just subscribe like some are saying. I'm wondering if it comes with a free month or if anyone has tried it to make sure it works.
Old 2012-02-20, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post

SOE's station website is horribly designed. But I have found that from your account management if you hit "Games" then click "SOE All Access". Then from this page hit "Shop" then magically the "Game Pass Plans" option is now available. Even though its not from your account management. And there at long last you will find the subscribe to Planetside option.

However trying it on a fresh account I noticed attempting to subscribe takes you to page where you can buy the Planetside All in One bundle. I'm guessing it may still be necessary to buy the game not just subscribe like some are saying. I'm wondering if it comes with a free month or if anyone has tried it to make sure it works.
That way works perfectly fine too. I was under the impression that it was common knowledge managing your subs from account management. And no, you don't have to buy the game. If hitting the subscribe button doesn't work for whatever reason, follow the above steps if you don't know how to open your account info and do it there.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Canaris
Contributor
General

You've always needed to buy a copy of the game for a fresh account (not reserves account) you can get one from Direct to Drive as the first post says or from the SOE bundle deal which is relatively new.

edit sorry, since they became gamefly it's no longer available

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-02-20 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2012-02-20, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
You've always needed to buy a copy of the game for a fresh account (not reserves account) you can get one from Direct to Drive as the first post says or from the SOE bundle deal which is relatively new.

edit sorry, since they became gamefly it's no longer available
I never bought the game. I downloaded the client and subscribed, done deal. Just as many other hundreds have.

This was back in 2008 though. The subscribe button itself works still to this day, I don't know what issues everyone is having.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I never bought the game. I downloaded the client and subscribed, done deal. Just as many other hundreds have.

This was back in 2008 though. The subscribe button itself works still to this day, I don't know what issues everyone is having.

You may have lucked out then, and this is something they "fixed" at some point. Since if you try on a new account trying to subscribe just links you to buying the all in one bundle like I said. It honestly would not be a big deal if this bundle came with 2 months of game time it would pay for itself. But i'm not sure if it does.

Last edited by Sifer2; 2012-02-21 at 07:43 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion