A possible way to revitalize Planetside's player base? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Public spammer uniform?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-04-17, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info
Re: A possible way to revitalize Planetside's player base?

i really thing the game is about maxed its life
Old 2007-04-18, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
planetsidepwns
Private

Okay... back to my question. Do you know how many people still play and is it fun to play with that amount of people?
Old 2007-05-02, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
efex
Private

why not do what the lineage 2 community did , and make free servers to play on, they usually get over 1000 players on just donations to keep the servers running =]
Old 2007-05-06, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
shanzhu
Private

Talking Re: A possible way to revitalize Planetside's player base?

no kidding, like i heard about this game cause i just rewatched the original Stargate movie, and upon looking up the upcoming Stargate MMO i saw a related game called "Planetside". the name interested me and i checked it out and i thought "hmm, worth a shot!" so im obviously an exception to what your saying, but nonetheless i agree that if they cut profit, they will get more players, and in the end more profit.
Old 2007-05-08, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

I quit planetside about half a year ago do to the shrinking player base. Merging the american servers would bring me back if it can get 2 continent locks averagely. The problem is planetside's fun factor, for most who play the game, is its epic battles. Sadly I don't believe that planetside can be saved, the only whey I see it coming back would be to make a planetside 2. This would bring the attention and new material that the game needs to revive itself.
Old 2007-05-21, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
craby987

How about expand its advertising to TV and pay webmasters to advertise Planetside and add ALOT more content.

Old 2007-06-24, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
galbaldy
Private

I've played about several months of this game through free trials (never payed a dime!) and even when you do have the epic battles going on, there still aren't reasons for one to stay and pay. Once you hit level 20 after a week of playing, what "meat" is there for you to justify paying more than 10 dollars a month? I, and many others don't think there's enough. If they'd reduce the price I'd think about it.

Don't get me wrong, the game can be fun, but I just don't think the price justifies it.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheRipper12
Private

well...cutting the price i think is amazingly great idea. i had a few friends over the other day and i showed em planetside. they were all amazed by how great it was and they took turns playing my guy on one of the servers... when they popped the question, is there a monthly fee i said yes and they all kind of sighed and said that they would rather stick with a free game but it was still fun... all of them... it may just be 4 people but...thats 4 out of 4...

i love this game. ive had it for 4 or so years and when i first started it was ....god it seems like it was at least 2 and a half times bigger population. the sancs arent empty... and the battles are more than 20 on 20 with 19 of those 20 in a tank or bfr. it was more fun when it was in but yah know... it could draw players back with no monthly fee. Guild wars is a great example... i played it... i hated it, but i continued to play for one reason... Free mmo! your making 50 bucks per copie. your going to get others to buy that game because its free. your going to get people to buy the expansions because they are addicted.... isnt 100+ bucks a person enough when you get in those high numbers? sure you can get rich with fees. but fees get old... free games dont...

My 2 cents

my 3rd cent says make planet side 2... better engine...better graphics...more ranks. more options.... xbox version maybe? because lets face it...sony's online games arent the flavor of the year for more than ...well a year! we get games like SWG...it was great for like what....1.5 years? then what... well.. its emptied and they dump out another game. PS is the best imo they made, but they can do better.....

Last edited by TheRipper12; 2007-07-03 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2007-07-04, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

well if it matters me and about 6 of my old New Dawn buddies just resubed. so I'm sure the sony guys fell out of their chairs when they saw the PS pop increase by 300%.

and I totally agree about PS2. PS was amazing, and if they could bring about a second one making it even stronger from what they learned. would be the best game ever.
Old 2007-07-10, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EnorganiK
Corporal

This game will never be as good as the days of its youth. I remember having bases fought over by hundreds of people on each team. This game didn't offer an evolutionary experience therefore it died.
Old 2007-07-10, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by EnorganiK View Post
This game didn't offer an evolutionary experience therefore it died.
It was and still is the only game of it's kind. Back then PS wasn't Sony's main game. Many mistake swhere made b/c PS was just another game, EQ and SWG brought in more profit. With WoW here Planetside is all Sony has left. We've gotten a lot more attention over the passed few years. The one good decision they made was tending to the will of the veteran player. The dedicated fans of PS, they added things that have been mentioned for years. Now they have us, and now they know we want more people. They need to figure that part out now. We all ready know they are working on another program like the reserves. We all want more noobs to pwn, just wait.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2007-07-23, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lorsen
Private

Bah is this game dead already? I was about to start >.<
Old 2007-07-29, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kintera
Private

Hi,

just regsitered although I was playing one year during the reserve program. Unfortunately it doesn�t exist anymore. I�ve read an old dev article that they probably want to introduce something new like that program, but since then I�ve never read anything about it.

My idea would be that there are limited account like the reserve program but for a much cheaper price. Perhaps you could also have several account types.

<=BR6 => 2$/month
<=BR8 => 4$/month
<=BR10 => 6$/month
<=BR12 => 7$/month
<=BR14 => 8$/month
Old 2007-07-29, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
RhemaWarrior
Private

How many people are playing average at night? Just wondering if its worth it to start paying
Old 2007-08-01, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eldrac
Private

I've come back after a year and I still love it, the player-base may not be as large as it was a year or two but it still makes for great battles, I think it is worth it, it's the only game to actually keep me hooked as much as Anarchy Online.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion