New Killcam - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn! The bullets won't go through the walls!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-02, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Spoof
Corporal

Re: New Killcam

Wonderful example of the devs listening, and then topping it with something perfect.

Yes to the tap-out option, similar to PS1. You should be able to wait around 30+ seconds for a revive, but once at the generic respawn screen there should be no going back.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Awesome!

Good job, devs!
Old 2012-06-02, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Well, I guess my theory is in a big battle, knowing there were medics around that could help you out with teamwork would be pretty good reason to not just slam "RESPAWN" right away - 9 times out of ten if we can build mechanics that reward team work we're making Planetside 2 a better game. If there are no medics around you, then off to the respawn screen you go.
Yeah, i agree.. but i dont think just knowing medics are around goes far enough, it might be that they are pinned down, cant make it to you in time. If you can see a minimap with their current location and be able to disinguish if they are moving towards you then that gives you an indication whether of not there is any point sticking around. Dont you agree?
Old 2012-06-02, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Alderego
Corporal

Nice job indeed devs.

Looks excellent.
The addition of the wait timer/respawn now button and some sort of info of any nearby medics would indeed be nice.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Yeah, i agree.. but i dont think just knowing medics are around goes far enough, it might be that they are pinned down, cant make it to you in time. If you can see a minimap with their current location and be able to disinguish if they are moving towards you then that gives you an indication whether of not there is any point sticking around. Dont you agree?
Normally you'll be in a squad and you know the medics who are with you. I'd always rather wait 10-30 sec before respawn somewhere else.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Chrispin
Corporal

It would be great to know about nearby medics, maybe within 100 yards/meters. If they're within that specified range then there could be a rangefinder that has an arrow pointing off to the side of the screen with a number telling you how far away from your body each medic is. That way it's pretty easy to tell if a medic is headed your way or just passing by/being idle.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

Instead of a "spawn now" option (which you could only do after the countdown anyway so is it really NOW?) I would rather have a "refuse revive" option so if any medics COULD get to me in time, but I'm out of ammo / need to switch classes / need to bring in a vehicle, they wont be able to revive me. Better yet just take me off their 'needs reviving' ui so they can ignore me.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Maybe a rangefinder, or something that indicates whether someone is close, or maybe a medic can "lock onto you" so that you know someone is coming and will keep you as a little indicator on the medics HUD.

Edit: Took a bit long to reply. Didn't see last 3 comments.

Last edited by Toppopia; 2012-06-02 at 05:08 AM.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ohaunlaim View Post
Instead of a "spawn now" option (which you could only do after the countdown anyway so is it really NOW?) I would rather have a "refuse revive" option so if any medics COULD get to me in time, but I'm out of ammo / need to switch classes / need to bring in a vehicle, they wont be able to revive me. Better yet just take me off their 'needs reviving' ui so they can ignore me.
In the old 45 gameplay vid we saw how Higby had to agree to being revived. I guess it's still in.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Shogun
Contributor
General

wow! if this really is a combination of the old corpsecam with the killershowcase, i am totally happy with this!

i loved the ps1 cam because it was needed for medic-awareness!
and a little showoff feature to have the feeling of teabagging your victim seems to be "modern mechanic" so it will stay. after all, a combination of both worlds is perfect!

and the big 3d model of the killer blocks the view a little, so the corpsecam´s efficiency for spying is reduced as well. now just autospot every medic around the corpse and make medics and their distance to the corpse always visible with distance-marker-arrows and we are set!(minimap and 3d)

edit: just found higbys question in this thread. YES i would like to see a "wait for medic or respawn now?" kind of button. medics are reduced enough already. don´t force them to revive within 10 seconds and take away their victims if they are not there fast enough! reviving will be the only purpose of medics, with autoheal in place, so corpses should be able to choose how long they want to wait for a medic.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-06-02 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Synnoc
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Well, I guess my theory is in a big battle, knowing there were medics around that could help you out with teamwork would be pretty good reason to not just slam "RESPAWN" right away - 9 times out of ten if we can build mechanics that reward team work we're making Planetside 2 a better game. If there are no medics around you, then off to the respawn screen you go.
I agree with everyone else that a wait would be ideal. My preference would be to wait by default and hit a respawn button when ready. This behavior is so ingrained in the PS1 player now that no one would look at it twice.

I also humbly suggest that you consider incentivizing the reviv-ee as well. Were there a benefit to offset the wait, it would encourage people to stay for a revive. In PS1, not having to run back was almost never a good enough incentive on its own, so I was imagining along the lines of minor XP or a bonus to implant longevity or something similar.

A reward doesn't seem like a stretch to me, as waiting for a revive could interpreted as "assisting" the medic.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
EVILoHOMER
Major

Cannot say I hate it as I haven't played the game unlike all the forum whiners complaining about the last kill cam. Personally I like seeing the other player and how they killed me, it gives me feedback when I die of what I did wrong.

just pisses me off because if people keep whining on the forums for dumb changes then it'll get ruined like every other MMO. The developers should just make the game how they want it and not all the crybabies on the forums.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

All I can say is that all I can do is: *respectful nod*

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
just pisses me off because if people keep whining on the forums for dumb changes then it'll get ruined like every other MMO. The developers should just make the game how they want it and not all the crybabies on the forums.
You did realize how positively the new "kill cam" is received by a very large majority in this forum?

Obviously this "whining" made the game improve. I always love it when developers listen to the community. Afterall, we are the ones who'll play it.
Old 2012-06-02, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Cannot say I hate it as I haven't played the game unlike all the forum whiners complaining about the last kill cam. Personally I like seeing the other player and how they killed me, it gives me feedback when I die of what I did wrong.

There are times where its good, but i only want to see how i died in something like MW3 where i am 100% sure i pulled the trigger first and blew the enemies head off, then he turns and kills me or something. But here, if we have a kill cam that shows you where you died from, then sniping or shooting from nice far distances won't be very helpful because as soon as you kill 1 person, all the enemies will know where you are.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion