Auraxis: A World at War - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because your work computer can't render 200 surgile jackwhores.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like to see PS2's backstory as cinematics before you play the game?
Yes 42 75.00%
No 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-30, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Traak
Colonel

Re: Auraxis: A World at War

I can play a part in it. I can be the invisible, silent cloak... wait a minute...
Old 2011-12-30, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tikuto
Major

Part Yes but mainly No.

No because it seems that if PlanetSide 2 really does become an escalated renowned fantasy-world, then writings may need to be changed for continuations of fiction. No because the likelihood of needing to change written fictional-history 10years from now may occur, and these stories seemingly have just been developed in the sense that quite possibly may be lacking of foreseeing I.P. progression exposing rigid flaws in the literature to continue.

Only Yes when the future of PlanetSide2, 10+ years later, has been set in stone. So No.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-12-30 at 02:36 PM.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Atuday
Master Sergeant

I voted yes but if it delays the release by more than a week to put this in then I want it to be a post release.
Old 2012-01-01, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
Part Yes but mainly No.

No because it seems that if PlanetSide 2 really does become an escalated renowned fantasy-world, then writings may need to be changed for continuations of fiction. No because the likelihood of needing to change written fictional-history 10years from now may occur, and these stories seemingly have just been developed in the sense that quite possibly may be lacking of foreseeing I.P. progression exposing rigid flaws in the literature to continue.

Only Yes when the future of PlanetSide2, 10+ years later, has been set in stone. So No.
I do understand your views, but I don't agree. If it was something like WoW I might since it's been around for a few years and it's an MMORPG. However, this is an MMOFPS and I think a lot of lessons were learned from the original PlanetSide in terms of what players wanted. When the story was changed the last time around it was met with a lot of unhappy fans, while the lore we've started to see for the new game has some considerable detail so, obviously, they are paying or have found someone for the fiction that can write it professionally.

Now I know there are a lot of players on here who find the idea of any fan-based content (especially a Machinima) a can of worms, but let's take another project similar to it, named Red vs Blue, as an example. When Bungie.net's Halo franchise first started the studio was largely against any kind of fan content produced for, or using, their games... then a group of five fans came up with a great idea: to turn the annoying head-bob mechanic into an advantage so it looked as if the Spartans were talking to each other. Now there's been over 100 episodes, nine seasons with the promise of a tenth and a host of merchandise, making it the most successful independent-commercial machinima on the internet.

If SOE were to sponsor this project and content was made both in and outside of the game engine; similar to AGN, but with the possibility of recognition or commission for supporting it we could, conceiveably help the studio to promote the game.

If they allowed us to sell merchandise based on the Machinima project as well, not only could fans appreciate an extension of the PlanetSide universe by owning their own T-Shirt, mug or mousepad, but the total proceeds could be split between the project team and PSU, enabling the staff here to have additional funding every month for more bandwidth, features or webspace.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-01-01 at 01:25 PM.
Old 2012-01-06, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Assuming the alternative engine was Unity, there are a number of free tutorials available from Digital-Tutors:

http://www.digitaltutors.com/training/unity-tutorials

Unlike other training networks such as Gnomon, Digital-Tutors' forums allow you to actually talk to the professionals that made the videos, and fellow users, where you can gain help understanding elements of the free and paid courses alike. Although some of these require an account (and thus have to pay) in order to view, most of them deal with the basics of how to use the engine and will be useful if the project does use this engine.

If, however, you just want to learn how to model in 3d using the mainstream packages, there are also free courses for 3ds Max, Maya or Cinema 4D. For a full list of free courses available, click here.

Old 2012-01-13, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

...still waiting for signs of life from the PS2 community manager.

Old 2012-01-13, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
super pretendo
First Sergeant

With games like this, story really isn't relevant, because memorable and meaningful experiences in the world happen because of what the players do themselves.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion