*Ultimate* Strategy Implementation for Planetside solveing MANY of its problems - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, is there a bathroom in that AMS?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-07, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
RexDent
Private

*Ultimate* Strategy Implementation for Planetside solveing MANY of its problems

***THE GOAL** here is to Fix the current issues with lack of strategy, flip-flop bases, walk-in captures on towers/bases, limited automated defenses, commander uses, creating Tactic heavy options, stoping the ZERG from being the effective way of combat, Feeling of Accomplishment, *SOME* World Stability, and lastly but maybe most important - effectivly Balanceing Offense Versus Defense and many more issues.

Quick Change's List -
1.Implement the already existing Generator terminal with an option box for access by Commanders and Enemy ADV Hackers. Defense of a base would not have the option to turn off base functions unless they were either damaged/destroyed/ or base was down to 20%NTU level. They would have access to Tower options at this same time or once the enemy gains control of the Tower. Offense would gain permanent control over the generator once hacked by a ADV Hacker and could change any function of the base they so wished. The terminal and options would belong to them until rehacked by a resecureing force. The option menu would be something like This -- http://www.imgmag.org/images/shane26...enShot0001.jpg
2.Link the nearest Tower to a base to its generator control Terminal
3.Creating an Active Defensive Grid for SOIs. Powered by the generator and activates turrets on nearby enemy vehicles/aircraft, motion sensors needed to identify Infantry.
4. mosquitos/Infiltrators/deployed AMS's invisible to Defensive Grid
5. Remove the Turret, Spawning tubes, defensive grid from the Hack on CC. Hack on CC locks all terminals. THATS IT. So if Enemies hacked the CC defenders still spawn but have to use their locker to get equipment =). Lockers will be VERY important now.
6. Each base owned by a single empire on the continent connected to a Interlink Facility would effectivly link their Defensive Grids for soldiers in a linked facilities SOI can see Enemies within any base's SOI that is connected.
(minor change to how the interlink facility works now)

Quick Scenerio's of IN-Game Base/Tower Capture =

Whoever has the largest force easily wins. When forces are equal the one with the closest AMS to the point of conflict wins eventually. Equal forces whoever is defending their base will loose. They cant keep 3 things covered while the assaulters can spread out over all 3, keep ZERGING from the AMS/Tower until one of the 3 things happens at the base. Only one way to counter it by defense--(Get AMS's set up to and whoever ZERGs the best wins.) this is no strategy. Not even close.

Basically all battles boil down to now is - Who has the AMS closer to the point of conflict. and Who is on the top of the TOWER=AMS>BASE. That is no way to be *proud of a victory.*

*Here is a Quick rundown on Screnerio's of how a particular base capture *MIGHT* go with absolutly unlimited options in Tactical decisions at any given time.

*1. In Friendly SOI and friendlies control generator room + Tower. Quick flow of MAX's back to the just lost base/tower to try and get it back. Defenders have Automated/Manned Phalanx's on Base and Tower = Defense has Upperhand.

*2.In Friendly SOI and Friendlies control generator but not the tower. Assault force has the tower with no power. This lengthens defenders supply line of having a closer Tower to go back and recapture the assaulting forces newly captured base/tower that was left behind. This = defense has the Upper Hand in defending the base because of quick MAX/Vehicle Supply BUT they have a much longer distance now to push the assaulters back and try to regain ground.

*3. IN Friendly SOI and Friendlies own Tower but lost generator room. Noone has quick flow of MAX/Vehicles, this will teach MAX units not to ZERG but use their benefits to advantages. This = Even battlefield. And the assaulting force has shutdown power to the tower so the resecuring force cant spawn there. This evens the battlefield makeing "Everyone" spawn from nearest AMS's or the nearest tower/base if they want a vehicle or MAX Suit.

*4. IN Friendly SOI Assaulting force owns tower and has the Base generator/CC hacked. This = Assaulting force is now effectivly set in and more a defensive force now. they have a quick flow of MAX Units from the tower, giving them the upper hand in staying in control and holding their Hack. they have control of the generator to shut down the defensive grid and allow their own Soldiers to use the turrets against the resecuring force.

All of This makes it where supply lines become a factor. With 2 things to control(Base+Tower) if someone has both they are at the advantage(logically). Whoever owns the base has the most power to defend it(more so as offense cause the defensive grid but thats the life of offense). If Offense has both Tower+Base(waiting on hack) they are at an advantage having short supply line of MAX units + ability to man turrets on the base.

All in All whoever has the most is at the most advantage and shortest supply lines. This adds a Even Fight now and more furious and tactical battles being waged. Effectivly *slowing* down base/tower flip flop without TO much of a slowing, Adding Furious Inbetween and 'over-terrain' Battles, and NOW it takes strategy to get it back. good luck soldiers!!

This is just kickass for gameplay. It creates so many options,strategies, and Tactics to be used. Do you want a long supply line of MAX Units? Do you want the field even? do you want to make a fast assault to gain control of the generator evening the battlefield? do you want to go for the tower pushing the defenders back furthur so they cant get back to your newly captured base to rehack it? SO many Options!!!

Hope this gives an execellent idea of what I have in mind here. If anyone doesnt understand exactly how something would work we can discuss it or I can elaborate some more down the thread. Looking forward to positive feedback and constructive critisism. Let it flow fellas but keep it productive. Dont start the flame war plz.

Rex
Old 2003-06-07, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NC_Vangaurd
Private

well my fav strategy is getting my mosquito flying 2 some continent that is the enemies and almost abandoned and hacking it then getting my mosquito and afterburning it 2 the sanctuary...lol
Old 2003-06-07, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RexDent
Private

heh, that = lame. I look forward to killing people that do those things that have pointless outcomes.

worthless doing that. I just hope to god the turrets being on in the next patch will start rapeing anyone that doesnt pay attention.

Anyone flying a mosquito shouldnt be shot by a auto-mated turret but if they land in a turrets vacinity they should get mowed.

Rex
Old 2003-06-07, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ruthless
Sergeant

i think thats a good idea
Old 2003-06-08, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
RexDent
Private

Thanks for the Support for new strategy. We definatly need an improvment like this I think.

Rex
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/005705.html

Post your support of this thread on the official PS Forum if you like.
Old 2003-06-08, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I think it's great to form a squad with a few TR MAXs and defend a base by 3 or 4 of the TR MAXs clamping down in a hallway with a medic and engineer behind them. Nobody, NOBODY, can get past them and with the aid from the medic and the engineer the MAXs' health and armor will stay up.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-08, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
I think it's great to form a squad with a few TR MAXs and defend a base by 3 or 4 of the TR MAXs clamping down in a hallway with a medic and engineer behind them. Nobody, NOBODY, can get past them and with the aid from the medic and the engineer the MAXs' health and armor will stay up.
i bet i could get past them. I could prove it too. NOt by myself of course, but with about 2 or 3 other pople, maybe jsut 1 other person. NO DEFENSE in impenetraple(sp?).

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion