Empire Specific Additions - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where 1+1=7331
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-03, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Phaden
Contributor
Major

i understand that BDJM, and thats why people will quickly gro bored of it. If the Dev team is gonna spend time in developing a vehicle or any addition, it has to bring alot to the gameplay. It cant just serve one role and be done with it. No matter if the dev team created the all mighty new Vanu wood chipper, everyone would flock to the Vanu just to try it out. Eventually it would get boring (aka lasher, you all know you did) and people would switch back. I praise you for coming up with different ideas, but just dont agree on its usefulness if implemented.
Old 2004-03-04, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Xijx
Private

I like your ideas Alot, They show alot of promise

However, i think some of them need to be toned down a bit or made more Original....Let me tell ya what i mean...

First the VS Hand cannon Is Way too strong....It's Anti-Anything. Lets say a Vanguard (or any tank) run into a Vs using this, One shot does 100ish damage(not much to a tank, but it adds up) and then Shuts the Weapons off with the EMP effect...Conclusion, Dead/useless Tank. Ok now situation Two, VS Hand cannon user Runs into a Surgile out in the feild or in a halway...He Shoots twice, the first shot drops the Surge and the Second kills it...It is now the Best infantry defense weapon in the game As well a Formidable Anti Tank(AV) weapon. It would be Cried and Whined over like no other in that form...so it could use some revision

Next is the Other two Hand cannons,
*The TR one is basicaly a Scatercannon for a Non-MAX, It wouldn't hurt the game to much.....But do we realy want another shotgun weapon? Perhaps if the little "darts" had a small explosive effect or something...it also sounds more like a NC weapon....But again thats just a matter of perspective
*The NC one Has the feel of the pre-nerf TR Thumper MAX...Basicaly a longer range or Linear path grenade/Rocket launcher....Its a Good idea, Alot like what he already have in the game...yet differant, Like a High output RPG.

Also before i move onto the Transports, You mentioned that the TR cannon would be fairly ineffective against max's, What about the NC Cannon? The Vs Cannon, due to its "Multi" grenade proporties would be HIGHLY effective against MAX, Just something to think bout....Making one empire Highly effective Against armor and the other weak against armor might be a problem

Ok, now onto the transports.....Well, um generaly these Sound like Gunships...Each Easily Twice as effective as the Deliverer....I don't know about your Experience's with the Deliverer, But it Tends to Eat just about Everything Pretty well....Making a Vehicle that has Even more Firepower then the Vanguard and the Deliverer Combined might not be the best idea....But it could work

The Legionnaire- Well i Can imagine you would see Some Realy Wicked Strafing runs on Base entrances and roads If i understand it corectly the two top mounted guns would be able to shoot at anything the the vehicles feild of vision(Front, back, Left, Right, and up) and the Port guns would only be able to shoot at their respective 180 degree arc...So at any given point you would only have 4 of the 6 guns shooting at you....Maybe too much Fire power, maybe not...4 20mm guns can Kill just about anything in seconds.

The Thunder- The way i understand em, this is the "weakest" of the 3...I'm not sure how Strong a 30mm Flak cannon or a flechette launcher is...so i'll guess. I'm Picturing 2 Skyguard turrets, and a Beefy Firebird Rocket launcher....That sounds Cool, Maybe a Little to much Anti air....But heck, i don't like reavers much so, Hell Yeah! I like this one Alot, But please clarify the Weapons for me. And Also note that the TR Lego' has the potential of 4 guns pointed at ONE target and 2 Additional Guns to Defend its Flank...A Very Formidable defense, The Thunder Ony has 3 guns and one is Restricted to Forward only Fire...But like i said, Need to get an idea of the power of these guns first

The Scythe- Ok, The Revised one you posted is Very nice. I like it Alot and don't see any blatent Imbalances, So i only have a Suggestion: Why not make the Guns mounted to the "Corners" of the vehicle So that they can cover forward and aft of the ride, This also fits with the VS theme of flexibility.

Ok On a General Note, About the "Ejection" system, I Love this idea. These Transports Obviously Have a Huge amount of firepower, And the Verticle Ejection idea is a Great balance for this power. It puts you at at a Risk of the enemy knowing your posistion. Also it Opens up the posibility of Fast drops with a ground vehicle, Like the Galaxy. 200 meters might be a little too high tho...Maybe half that?

Good Stuff, Pas it along to the Devs and maybe it will inspire them to make Something Half as Cool as these
Old 2004-03-04, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheN00b
Colonel

First, about the VS Cannon. While I understand your concerns, I do not believe that they are totally founded in fact. While I am aware that the Jammer affect would make it a fairly powerful AV weapon, the fact is that many people are already carrying around hand-held Jammers as it is, especially with the new grenade ammo patch. When I was using the Prowler in the test server yesterday, I couldn't get into an area with a high amount of enemy infantry without being Jammered in less than 5 seconds. Yes, I also understand that this would be highly effective against Surgiles, but who cares? IMHO, Surgiles are cheating assholes, with a few exceptions.
Second, about the Shredder. The Shredder fits with the theme of the TR not because it is a fast-firing, low damage weapon, but because, like it's would-be users, it' sincredibly vicious. There's a difference between shotguns and flechettes: Shotguns blow people away, flechettes, when used in quantity, actually can 'vaporize' people, which is downright sick.
All three are fairly inneffective against MAXes: The Shredder the least and the NC handcannon the most. The MPGL is actually not that effective: Jammers have no effect against MAXes, and one grenade (1/2 Frag+1/2 Plasma=One Grenade) isn't excatly going to kill a MAX instantaneously.
In regard to the Legionnaire, you're probably right that it's more powerful than the other two transports, and quite powerful as a gunship in it's own right. But it's my belief that, if the Devs won't downgrade the VS and NC, they should at least buff the TR.
As I'd envisioned it, the Thunder's Flak Cannon fires not so much missiles as incredibly powerful AA cluster bombs. Does that answer your question?

THank you very much for your post .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion