Out of game outfit tools/webpage - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nuff Said...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-16, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stardouser
Colonel

Out of game outfit tools/webpage

NOTE: This is NOT ABOUT STATS. This is about SOE contracting with website providers who can provide turnkey(ie, ready to go) website templates that you can then customize as able, if even desired.

I was thinking they should allow outfits to be able to purchase and maintain things like outfit webpages that are linked to the game in some fashion, including member lists, and whatever else would be useful, an outfit forum, etc. A ready to go outfit front page that can accept screenshot links, youtube links, quick typing of announcements, etc.

Now, SOE might not want to do that themselves but surely they could subcontract/source this to a webpage and forum provider that could design something like this that is easy for anyone to set up, and it comes with the ability to customize backgrounds of the webpage, or has pre-set options using various empire colors, and best of all, that can be paid for through the SOE store and station cash, allowing outfit members to contribute to it. Not that it should be very expensive, mind you.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-17 at 12:10 AM.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Re: Out of game outfit tools/webpage

Well from what we've seen at GDC and read before they will have some sort of planetsidestats website for when you're out of game but can still check your ingame stats and whatnot. Global Agenda did this kinda alright with their own stat tracker that kept tally of the player + his outfit. They both had their own pages for your viewing pleasure and I can only image that this PS2 will do most of the same plus more. They have also confirmed that they will be putting out live data streams that people from outfits can build their own apps like total kills, member rosters, and whatnot.

This has been covered before. I'd try to look alittle bit deeper before creating another thread.

Last edited by Johari; 2012-04-16 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Johari View Post
Well from what we've seen at GDC and read before they will have some sort of planetsidestats website for when you're out of game but can still check your ingame stats and whatnot. Global Agenda did this kinda alright with their own stat tracker that kept tally of the player + his outfit. They both had their own pages for your viewing pleasure and I can only image that this PS2 will do most of the same plus more. They have also confirmed that they will be putting out live data streams that people from outfits can build their own apps like total kills, member rosters, and whatnot.

This has been covered before. I'd try to look alittle bit deeper before creating another thread.
This is NOT about stats. Convenient links to stats was merely one of the possible features. This is about a turnkey system to open up outfit webpages.

Reference to stats in the original post is hereby removed to remove any further possibility of that interpretation.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-16 at 11:53 PM.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General

they're providing a raw RRS and some other feed, people can do whatever they like with that data then.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-17, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
they're providing a raw RRS and some other feed
Close enough

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2012-04-17, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bonius
Sergeant

You could also let the global market handle these things, then reap the rewards in the form of licensing. Welcome to the internet!
Old 2012-04-17, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
You could also let the global market handle these things, then reap the rewards in the form of licensing. Welcome to the internet!
You know of a company in the global market that can provide turnkey PS2 websites?

Global market doesn't allow paying through station store I wouldn't think.

Imagine for a moment that you signed up and automatically received a website that say...mirrors PSU's website - a homepage, an IRC, a forum, an automatic member list page synchronized with the game, defaults to the colors of an empire you specify, and can be either used as-is, or customized, should a person be able and willing to do it.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-17 at 07:52 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion