Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off the computer, and get on with your life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Nobel
Master Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
First Access is now 2nd access for the PS Vets.
This is not true and you should know better than playing into this sensationalism.

First Platoon players and Vets will still get in at the same time.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Nobel View Post
SOME OF YOU ARE READING INTO THINGS THAT ARE IN NO WAY SAID.

These people AREN'T playing beta, and they AREN'T getting into beta before the first wave of players, they will be among them.

We must keep calm here, SOE is making good decisions here, we always knew the first wave wouldn't be only Planetside players, they are assuring that WHEN the first wave happens, the people who are going to be in are those who will actually play and be useful beta testers.

Please now, stop sensationalizing; we will know more when more public information on First Platoon is released.
Here's some important feedback for them - this is a poor way to start this thing off. Relations with the fans is important, and I would have expected that if they weren't going to start with the rabid vets and fans that they would have at least given us a heads up and controlled the messaging. Instead we find out second-hand by piecing together the puzzle. They had to know it would get out and without greasing the skids the reaction is going to be rough.

A little heads up by Higby explaining to us what's happening would have gone a long way to keeping us calm and positive. In the absence of that it's only going to get worse. Something like "hey we started sending out invites, don't panic, here's the deal with that..."

Still not too late for that but I'm a bit disappointed we didn't hear it from him first.

Edit: Looks like they finally started giving us a clue so that's good start!

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-13 at 01:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOE teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c504gu9
Higby via reddit

damnit timey

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-06-13 at 01:56 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Marsgrim View Post
So the first thing they do on beta - after promising PS vets first access - is invite guilds who never played PS.

This is not the way to recognize customer loyalty.
Every time they said that PS vets "will be amongst the first"
It's not SOE's fault when people only see what they WANT to see

Just be merry that we are so close!

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-06-13 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Zebasiz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
First Access is now 2nd access for the PS Vets.
Or... Still First Access. As true Beta hasn't actually started yet. As some others have said in this very thread.

And I'm fairly certain we weren't directly lied to by the Devs concerning access order.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
TheDrone
Sergeant

Yet it is by far one of the best ways to make a new game.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Timey View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...invited_early/

"First platoon isn't a beta invite, it's a forum for outfit / clan and community leaders to interact and give feedback to the dev team. Beta hasn't started yet except for a few internal SOE teams. We will of course be starting beta small and expanding out once we can handle the load for each group, we'll be adding ps1 vets and priority beta key accounts first, as we've been pretty open about. There will be different phases, you may very well have a friend in beta when you aren't yet. This isn't an exclusivity thing. We have to ramp up like this rather than just inviting 50,000 people in one day and crashing the servers, learning nothing.

Hope you all understand and appreciate that we want nothing more than to have all of you in the beta ASAP, but if we don't do it intelligently we'll just waste time, yours and ours, and delay our eventual release."
Guess we all got worked up for nothing.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-06-13, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Here's some important feedback for them - this is a poor way to start this thing off. Relations with the fans is important, and I would have expected that if they weren't going to start with the rabid vets and fans that they would have at least given us a heads up and controlled the messaging. Instead we find out second-hand by piecing together the puzzle. They had to know it would get out and without greasing the skids the reaction is going to be rough.

A little heads up by Higby explaining to us what's happening would have gone a long way to keeping us calm and positive. In the absence of that it's only going to get worse. Something like "hey we started sending out invites, don't panic, here's the deal with that..."

Still not too late for that but I'm a bit disappointed we didn't hear it from him first.

Edit: Looks like they finally started giving us a clue so that's good start!
Yeah, I said the same.

While he's been quick off the mark with information once one of us cottoned on to these shenanigans, it really should have been pre-emptive. I'm sure it was done with good faith though.

EDIT: to make this clear, I state this in full knowledge that this is not beta. Developments like this that are, let us say, somewhat sensitive, should all at least have the developers giving us cryptic omens as to what is going on.

EDIT 2: Also, my gratitude to Timey. I'm sure your diligence will help curtail the least helpful comments.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.

Last edited by Khrusky; 2012-06-13 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Nonconstructive whining will be deleted]

I kept fucking say they're Beta testing the forums, and what do you know... That's pretty much exactly what they're doing.

*Sigh* I love this community, but sometimes, the knee-jerk reaction can break a jaw, I swear.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Guess we all got worked up for nothing.
If Higby had mentioned it before they did that nobody would have gotten worked up at all. The way they went about it gave the impression of giving the PS vets the proverbial finger.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
TopDawg
Private

Hello familiar faces!

Also, don't forget to breathe and relax. There's a lot of speculation and very few facts going around. Your feedback will be no less valuable then than it would be now if a beta were actually going on. We all want PS2 to be a success, but if there are fundamental problems with it, it's far too late now to be worried about them.

So just remember to take a step back and the beta will get here when it gets here (which is likely in the coming weeks), and then we'll all be able to work towards making PS2 the fun, balanced game we all hope it will/can be.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by TopDawg View Post
Hello familiar faces!

Also, don't forget to breathe and relax. There's a lot of speculation and very few facts going around. Your feedback will be no less valuable then than it would be now if a beta were actually going on. We all want PS2 to be a success, but if there are fundamental problems with it, it's far too late now to be worried about them.

So just remember to take a step back and the beta will get here when it gets here (which is likely in the coming weeks), and then we'll all be able to work towards making PS2 the fun, balanced game we all hope it will/can be.
Hey man you relax!! You need to stop and smell the roses and realize we should all be freaking out right now!
Old 2012-06-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
ZeroArmada
Private

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

If you read further down in that reddit thread you would see this. Dunno how credible it is, so take it with a grain of salt.

In the day 3 stream of PS2 at E3 when TB was looking over the stats page one of the players he was looking at had some comments. That player accepted a Outfit invite and the leader posted a comment saying "Thanks for joining, tell me when your playing so we can play together." Now if they were both working on the game they wouldn't need to find a time to play the game as they would have play test times. And even then they wouldn't play as a Outfit to test stuff.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._early/c50184j
Old 2012-06-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
If Higby had mentioned it before they did that nobody would have gotten worked up at all. The way they went about it gave the impression of giving the PS vets the proverbial finger.
It is not their fault someone within this "program" decided to tell others in an open, publicly searchable forum and then did not elaborate on what the "program" was... and thus you all jumped on it as some sort of secret conspiracy that was intended to be about not picking people who "should" be in what was completely and utterly imagined to be Beta though. Just saying...
Old 2012-06-13, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]

I don't get how you can't see this as a positive thing if it were true... It's no secret at all that companies sometimes use professional players to bug test first. It's not even a beta at that stage... but it would also mean that beta was actually not far away at all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion