I have almost 1000 Certpoints, how should i use them? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Breeding ground for future game engineers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-03-30, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dwarlin
Private

I have almost 1000 Certpoints, how should i use them?

Hello,
I have ca. 950 Certs now, and while the double XP weekend i´ll reach 1000 Certs soon.

But I`m not sure which weapon i should buy. I play the Vanu Souvereighnty, without any favourite Class.

Which weapons do YOU think are the best of their type? I need a weapon which is easy to handle, because i have a slow reaction time (i suspect )
Old 2013-03-30, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: I have almost 1000 Certpoints, how should i use them?

Pandora automatic shotgun, if you don't intend to buy any station cash, I'd say the auto-shotty is the single best investment you could make. (and after you get it, save up another 100 certs to get the expanded magazine for it).

Useable by every class except for infiltrator.

If you like to play Infiltrator, the Parallax is probably the best sniper rifle you could get.

The NS-11c or NS-11a are also nice weapons for their low recoil in my book.

If you intend to get an NS-11a, I recommend going to gamestop and buying the $15 planetside 2 station cash card. Use that sucker and you can buy a number of weapons without spending your precious certs, and then get the NS-11 Platinum (identical to the NS-11a) for free.

Truthfully, the default guns are perfectly fine for most uses.

Though if you like rocket launchers, I think the Surface to Ground rocket launcher (forget the VS name for it) is best for don't-know-what-to-expect uses. The Decimator is also an excellent rocket launcher.

For vehicle weapons, the most essential weapons are photon pods for your scythe; a zephir or a dalton for your liberator, a python HEAT for your lightning. The magrider's defaults are already perfectly decent.

...and one more thing, if you haven't already you may find that buying the upgrades to the default weapons (IR/NV sites, compensators, laser sites, fast ammo or soft point ammo) may be a better use of your certs.

Last edited by Neutral Calypso; 2013-03-30 at 06:06 PM.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Use them to upgrade your character/armour.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-04-01, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dwarlin
Private

Ok Thanks, and how do you think about the new nameless NS carbine and the submachineguns? I just like the design.

How useful is the Pump-Action Shotgun? Is it annoying because enemies are too far away?
Old 2013-04-02, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dwarlin View Post
Ok Thanks, and how do you think about the new nameless NS carbine and the submachineguns? I just like the design.

How useful is the Pump-Action Shotgun? Is it annoying because enemies are too far away?
As far as I can tell, the pump action shotgun is often the better choice in a close-quarters engagement, but the autoshotties do still stand a fighting chance.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dwarlin
Private

Ok, i bought the Pumpgun, because the design and the reload animation ist something "newer" than the Pandora.
Acutally, i´m satisfied with it.
Old 2013-04-03, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

If you can hit targets with the pump action, more power to ya. I find it annoyingly difficult to use myself, which is why I stick to the Pandora.

Seriously though, now that you got a shotgun, focus on upgrading your other weapons with things like a good site (I prefer IR/NV), laser site, fore grips, etc. etc.

I'll tell you what I regard as the essentials for each class and vehicle:

Sniper: The only essential here is a better sniper rifle than the default or an SMG. Also, medi-kits and/or prox mines.

Light Assault: C-4 and jumpjets upgrades are most important. Yes I know getting C-4 is a ton of certs, but once you have 2 C-4, you can annihilate armor and (non-blockade armored) sunderers with ease!

Engineer: Repair tool upgrades! Prox mines and Tank mines! Also the AV turret is very nice.

Medic: Heal tool upgrades! Heal aura upgrades! Heal/Rez grenades!

Heavy Assault: Better rocket launchers! The alternate shield generator whose name escapes me at the moment!

MAX: Auto-repair, for those times when you can't find an engineer. Also, the max timer. The other arm for each weapon you default to get only one arm of, with the possible exception of the AV weapon which people rarely find an opportunity to use. So the other burster and the other quasar.

Flash: Scout radar, Fury, Wraith device if you intend to drive it as a cloaker

Sunderer: AMS for the love of all that is holy! Mine Guard and/or Blockade Armor. Shield diffuser if your outfit is into that stuff.

Lightning: Nothing absolutely essential here, but some people like getting the HEAT gun instead of the viper.

Magrider: Nothing absolutely essential here, but you might prefer a walker secondary to deal with air easier.

Scythe: Photon pods, if you get nothing else get these... if you care about scythe. If not, just use it as a taxi. :P

Liberator: Dalton and/or Zephir bellygun. Comp armor and/or Auto-repair.

Galaxy: Comp armor and/or auto-repair.

...yeah I think that covers everything.

Obviously you don't need to get all of those. Just if you want to use any of those classes or vehicles, those are probably the most overall useful certs to buy.

One thing I didn't mention, most people recommend Flak Armor in your suit slot for almost all classes. It's like mineguard for infantry.
Old 2013-04-04, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Infiltrator - SMG if you like to work in amongst the enemy. The smg is usuable across all classes and then get the extended mag for it. I found the extra 10 rounds came in handy when up against a shielded HA. NV scope, Soft point ammo and suppressor.

Can't go wrong with a shotty, just remember to switch out when moving away from CQC.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions