Communication and teamwork within vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We know what u did last RPG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-26, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xaine
Major

Communication and teamwork within vehicles

One thing i feel Planetside could benefit from is a slightly higher level of teamwork within a multi-person veichal. Real-time team work from the driver and gunner. Its there at the moment to some extent, but the driver drives and the gunner guns and thats about it.

You all might think this is a little strange, but i'll give you an example as to what i mean. I played Battlefield 2142 for a long time, and in this game was a fighter Aircraft. The pilot had use of Air-to-air lock on missiles which could also be used for dumb-fire air to ground attacks. The gunner had a very powerfull AI cannon and a camera-guided missile. (I really hope the new Reaver will be something like this)

In air-to-air dog fights, the gunner could 'mark' the enemy aircraft by pointing his targetting reticle over the other plane and hitting 'Q'. This would Mark an outline of the enemy aircraft so that your pilot could see where he was on his mini map for a few seconds. This gave a massive advantage to the pilot, who could see where the enemy was and so made sure the enemy wouldn't get behind him.

On the flip side, the AI cannon for the gunner was very powerfull but its range was limited. If you wanted to mop up and enemies with it, your pilot had to be going slow enough and be at the right angle. Also, the cam-missile was hard to use at the best of times, so again, your pilot had to line you up properly.

This added a whole new dimension of coordination, which passed the 'you drive, i gun' sort of thing we have going on now.

Adding a higher skill-cap for tank/aircraft crews would be brilliant, and with the new aesthetic customisation options you could really make a name for yourself as one of the best crews for your tank/plane, and be noticed for it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Xaine; 2011-07-26 at 08:05 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion