Temporary Personal Shield for Adv Medics? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We Love Sporks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-27, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marsman
Major

Temporary Personal Shield for Adv Medics?

How about giving Medics a temporary Personal Shield while they are rezing someone? Would work off their stamina like the personal shield implant does and only activates when revieving and deactivates when done or releasing the trigger on the medical applicator . Would give them a little more protection since they are hanging their butt out there to help another soldier with no way to defend themselves. As an adv medic myself, it's pretty much accepted you have the life expentency of someone on "point" when playing the support role. Something like this would sure help adv medics do what they were intended for without being sniper bait to the point they are now.
Old 2004-03-27, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EarlyDawn
Major General

Would be a nice Beyond BR 20 upgrade. I also want to see Stim Packs and Regen Patches.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2004-03-27 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2004-03-27, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
Would be a nice Beyond BR 20 upgrade. I also want to see Stim Packs and Regen Patches.
What are regen patchs?

Old 2004-03-27, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Seer
Major

Regen patches would be, I'm guessing, a device for use by advanced medics not unlike the ACE for CEs. You wield it, click on someone, and they regenerate back to 100 rather than having to stand still for you to heal them.

Edit: in response to the original post, I don't know, but it sure would be nice if personal shield implant activated spontaneously when you were doing tasks that required stillness, like repairing, ressing, healing, or hacking. And deactivated before exhausting your stamina.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-03-27 at 05:22 PM.
Old 2004-03-27, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BDMJ
First Sergeant

This would hurt adv med cloakers. Right now personal shield deactivates the cloak, and that is their only real defense!
Old 2004-03-27, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SuperSixOne
Private

/me huggles mars man... finaly someones lookin out for the medics. There shuld be an option to turn it on or off but yes this shuld deffinatley be given to adv. medic`s. However i do not want this running off the stamina. It would be nice to have this "personal sheild" while healing run off the medgoo. As it stands now you die way before you ever get to use more than one "medgoo pack" The trade off would be the more ur hurt the more goo you use up.
Old 2004-03-27, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

The best shield for an advanced medic is other soldiers securing the perimeter to give the adv. medic time to work.

Teamwork. That's when Adv. Med is most useful, anyway.
Old 2004-03-27, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

One squad of highly coordinated adv med grunts would be deadly. Bring one down, and the rest keep fighting while one guy brings the dead guy back and repairs him.
Old 2004-03-28, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

i was in a outfit where it was 3 agile n00bhammers all adv meds.But, yea it is scary how effective it can be. and wed res each other.
but those are my NC days. Now im with the republic.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-03-28, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

There is a TR outfit on Werner that REQUIRES you to have Adv. Med to be in the outfit.

Needless to say, they do lots of spec ops and work very well.
Old 2004-03-28, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

how about giving the medics some sort of cloaking instead? allow him to waste ammo on the air but as long as he holds the trigger he has a small cloke bubble around him? one that would hide his patient too?
Old 2004-03-28, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SuperSixOne
Private

how about allowing medics to be more useful. Let them initialize one implant instantly for lets say.. 25 med goo. Or after your revive someone let the medic regenerate his stamina so he dosnt hafto wait around.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I think the key to fixing advanced medics can e summed up in 2 points.

Allow them to drag corpses to cover.

Give people back their implants instantly when revived.

As it stands now wit a few exceptions you loose nothing by respawning.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-03-29, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Nah I think implants should be reset, but you should respawn with at least half stamina.

It's an interesting idea Mars, not sure on the balance and fiction behind it. I think people would prefer to drag corpses and force people to wait before they can hit the respawn button to allow medics to revive them or only swap to a backpack when the player actually respawns as opposed to when they click the select respawn point.
Old 2004-03-30, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
flypengy
Master Sergeant

That doesn't make sense... just use personal shield if that's what you want, why would they implement that? If someone attacks you while you're rezing someone, you're pretty much screwed as it is, and if the extra shield lets you rez the person you just gave the guy who killed you one extra kills.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion