Dual Weapons - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this part is prickly, dont touch
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of dual weapons?
Hell Ya! 11 16.42%
Yes 2 2.99%
Yes but with some changes 10 14.93%
Maybe 9 13.43%
No 35 52.24%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-30, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Ever played Return to Castle Wolfenstein? That had a very cool Dual Colt .45 ACP reloading animation, that was (if I remember correctly) 1.5 times longer than the single colt reload. However, this animation could only work for the beamer or the repeater, it isn't practical for the AMP or the Mag Scatter.
Old 2004-03-30, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Dual Beamers.....Double your futility
Old 2004-03-30, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

No for pretty much all negative reasons stated above.
Old 2004-03-30, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Well, the TR already have a Dual Cycler, and we know how well that works...
Old 2004-03-30, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Sure! A spy gets cocky and does a Max Payne dive. However, this is not Max Payne. Because his accuracy goes to hell, I turn him into Gaussmeat when he's on the ground.

No.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-03-31, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

I think >A< weapon made for dual weilding would be cool, such as matched, slow firing combat revolvers with a high caliber, or a having dual weilding of pistols require certifications, dual assualt or heavy weapons are impracticle and impossible, but I dont see why pistols cant be, the damage and COF would have to be changed so they are not overpowered, but man, dual pistols would be FUN
Old 2004-03-31, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Ok, i have a few reasons
1)This is not Counterstrike(forget double weapons and a sheild)
2)this is not UT'04 (forget the double weapons)
3)this is not Max Payne(forget double weapons)
4)the list goes on and on
5) THIS IS PLANETSIDE! NOT AN OTHER GAME, KEEP THE GAME UNIQUE!

that was my little rant...
Old 2004-03-31, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

with two pistols your COF better be the size of a a barn door, as thats how good your accuracy is with two pistols and no stabilizer.

The way planetside does pistols is acctualy a good way, whit both hands on the gun, as thats how they should be fired.

Nobody uses two pistols except people in movies and people that are dumb enough to think movies are realistic

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-31, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rbstr
Nobody uses two pistols except people in movies and people that are dumb enough to think movies are realistic

LOL! nice...
Old 2004-04-01, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

No Dual weapons, why...1)Dual gausses OMFG one gauss is already overpowered, it kills a friggin Rexo in 6 shots test it. 2) Dual pulsars OMFGX2 that would be sheit
3)Duak cyclers, TO INNACURATE 4) Dual JackHammers hopefully i will never see that in my life 1 is already overpowered but the NC whine to get it buffed all the time, but the devs Nerfed it and ever since quad shot was abolished ive never seen half the pld NC CR5's, on werner, VIRU5 relied on it 5) Dual lashers admit it lasher is too powerful wit new buff 1 is enough 6) Dual MCG's to innacurate, the recoil would be too much for a normal human+all the NC would whine about it even though it was perfectly fair and it would get super nerf
Old 2004-04-01, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Also though this is of the agenda, Dual Cycler MAX should be the fucking AT not the pounder the Devs are just plain stupid, Pounder is the only TR decent MAX all the rest suck cept burster now that sucks, Burster shells SHOULD explode on the ground its simple sceince Explosive+Impact=Explosion--------Explosive+Solidgroud=Explosion
Old 2004-04-01, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Please don't double post.

As for the Burster, they change that to force people to use as it's intended to be: Anti-Aircraft
You have to be desperate if you need to use on ground troops, and as the burster shells are pre-programmed to detonated at a certain altitude to maximized damage to aircrafts around it. Aircraft shells aren't design like normal shells that detonate upon impact.
(well that's my theory)

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion