Lots of commanders with contintent wide Spam?! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alright, who took my pants?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-10, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheWumpus
Private

Lots of commanders with contintent wide Spam?!

OK from the chat we know that individuals who have reached a very high level of Command can talk to their faction on a faction-wide or possibly only continent wide chat channel, in order to organize massive assaults. This may be well in the beginning, but over time there will eventually be many peeps able to chat on this channel and spam everyone. Of course the players can simply put the offenders on their ignore list, but I'm just wondering about the confusion it could cause between those legitimate commanders who are trying to organize themselves. I think at some point they will simply have dozens if not hundreds of top level commanders all trying to vie for control. Perhaps the solution would be to make this chat capability available only to the top few commanders using Command Experience Points where there is no maximum amount of points per player.

"Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun."
-anonymous
Old 2003-02-10, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

maybe.. it sounds like it will be quite difficult to achieve that level of command through the current CEP gathering system. I'm not all that interested in spending that much time collecting CEPs, if i could just make some waypoints for a squad, that would suffice.
Old 2003-02-10, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheWumpus
Private

No matter how difficult they make it..many will always seek to achieve it. Look at how many LVL 60+ characters play on a standard EverQuest server: a large percentage. A lot of players may think they have no inclination to command..that is until they get their 20 BEP levels and want to try something new. I'm just talking worst case scenario of course..but it's something to think about.

"Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun."
-anonymous
Old 2003-02-10, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

well if it adopts a chat system similar to DAoC, then it probably won't be a big deal.. just click off the command chat tab and you dont' have to listen to command chat unless you really want to. =p i dunno
Old 2003-02-10, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea there will be filters in place.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-10, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Falcon
Corporal

Cool

there will probably be a system to make channels and then only the people in the assault will hear what they say. i have seen that in EnB

Im Voting Nomikahn for Senior Editor
Old 2003-02-10, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Well the whole idea of acheiving that rank would be to get people to take your orders and trust your experience, then to take all that time and blow it by spaming, just probably wouldnt happen much . I have a feeling that this game wont have alot of
people purpously being a pain in the ass.
Old 2003-02-10, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Could be used as a nice recruiting tool. If you're an outfit commander you could post recruiting messages throughout your faction.

Although, I wonder if anything will be done to prevent that. It might get annoying seeing "Join _________ Website________" over and over.
Old 2003-02-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

This is probably somehting they will tweak in Beta.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-10, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

...why do you worry about this, the devs will "fix" it
Old 2003-02-10, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Falcon
Corporal

Cool

im w/ the rest of these guys, I don't think that there will be much of a problem w/ it.
i think that the high ranking people will have better things to do than spam everyone

Im Voting Nomikahn for Senior Editor
Old 2003-02-10, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Yep, i think that the high lvl ones (4-5) will take months and months to get to, and anyone that has the following to get there, and the skill to command well will get there, but at the same time, mass spammers and VAPs (very annoying players) will not be able to get very high for a year or so.... just a guess, but I just think it will be that way...
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion