a new weapon for infils - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Going down faster than a whore on overtime
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-24, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
hex222
Staff Sergeant

a new weapon for infils

as a new support cert, i was thinking of a pistol sized dart gun, the darts are loaded with nanites which can be made to do different things to a persons home nanites...

for instance, an infil can take over an enemy's body, shut down their implants, blow them up (perhaps) or listen in to their squad's conversations...

now that i'm describing this however, it doesn't sound as good as it used to, but something like this could make being an infil alot more fun...

also, a deployable panel which allows you to change weapons or get ammo on the feild, good if your sniping at a bridge or on top of a tower or something...

Last edited by hex222; 2005-03-24 at 06:12 PM.
Old 2005-03-24, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

take over there body: no, what of the person who's playing that body u just took over? not fun for him/her

shut down their implants: jammer nade can do that but ok

blow them up:... blow them up with a dart??? eh probably not

listen to squad conversations: that'd be cool

I would give other suggestions if i could think of them... :P
Old 2005-03-24, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

how about the dart drains stamina, kills implants and/or does damage over time or like 20 health.

also with the deployable eq, it would have to be limited to 1 every hour or something to keep people from theoretically camping the top of a tower forever or staying in the field sniping for hours and hours, never running out of ammo.
Old 2005-03-25, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

No, but I'm saying no mainly because I really don't want infiltrators to be the alternative form of 'grunt' in Planetside. Meaning, I want their job to be sabotage and infiltration, not assassination. So while the idea might have some merit to me if indeed I felt it was a good direction to take infils, I'm disagreeing on the basis that I'd rather additional infil work be directed toward giving them meaningful ways to impact the battlefield aside from killing people or blowing gens/spawns/terminals.
Old 2005-03-25, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Well killing implants is sabatoge
Old 2005-03-25, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by FatalLight
Well killing implants is sabatoge
You can do that with jammers. Hell, jammers even have an area of effect. I can't see any good reason why you'd want something that disables one guy's implants at a time when you could throw well-placed jammers and do four or five at once.
Old 2005-03-25, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The answer I've seen many infils give is that jammers aren't very quiet (although I guess if someone loses their implants, it's probably a dead giveaway that you're there anyway)
Old 2005-03-25, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

What would be cool is if it maybe gave a false sense that your implants are on, like it still showed them as being on but when you try to activate you get an error or something.
Old 2005-03-25, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

How about a small, directional, quiet jammer pistol. It blows up mines, and disables implants just by aiming it at the target. It would have a fairly limited range. (No jammer sniping BFR's from a mile away.) And a cooldown of say... 30 sec.
Old 2005-03-25, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jaged
How about a small, directional, quiet jammer pistol. It blows up mines, and disables implants just by aiming it at the target. It would have a fairly limited range. (No jammer sniping BFR's from a mile away.) And a cooldown of say... 30 sec.
What is wrong with jammer grenades anyway?
Old 2005-03-26, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

a pistol would be safer and easier to aim.
Old 2005-03-26, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Everyone can see the blue splash when you throw it
Old 2005-03-26, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by FatalLight
Everyone can see the blue splash when you throw it
Usually when people detect a cloaker they v-w-c anyway. Plus, shooting makes you more visible temporarily. Shooting some guy when he's got friendlies around isn't a good idea no matter how you look at it. I can't see this pistol thing being exactly a revolutionary addition to an infiltrator's arsenal. It seems to me that most infiltrators suit up to kill people, not to disable implants.
Old 2005-03-26, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

How about blurring an enemy's vision for a few seconds (5) or so, enabling the cloaker to get a jump on him or possibly sneak past. Or maybe make it work as a tranquilizer, slowing down movement, decreasing accuracy, etc.

= Crack addict
Old 2005-03-26, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
How about blurring an enemy's vision for a few seconds (5) or so, enabling the cloaker to get a jump on him or possibly sneak past. Or maybe make it work as a tranquilizer, slowing down movement, decreasing accuracy, etc.
There are so few areas for infiltrators to really attack (cc, gen, spawns) that avoidance is the best tool in their arsenal. If you do something that obviously marks you as a cloaker in the area, most people will '/b Cloaker in base around X area, watch out', and then you're pretty screwed.

Honestly, I do not believe new tools are what cloakers need. They need more ways to impact a base that are away from the very high profile targets we have now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion