Un-Nerf UBGL? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It beats working.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-13, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Re: Un-Nerf UBGL?

UBGLs were just fine before the nerf, so were the sniper-rifles.

It seems that they always go too far with the nerfs they implement, for example Vulcan, HE-nerfs (tanks, ubgl etc), Saron HRB and so on...

Or they add stuff that's pretty much useless from the get go.
Old 2014-02-13, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post

With that idea I would also recommend that UBGL grenades and C4 replace hand-grenades. But that's not going to happen.
I'd be fine with that if I could throw C4 a reasonable distance and at a reasonable speed. Right now you throw C4 like your throwing an egg. If I'm about to blow the damn stuff up anyway I don't care if it explodes when it hits the target, that would actually help quite a bit
Old 2014-02-13, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Hey, I gotta keep a clear standpoint. And I mean that humorously. I actually use the snipers a fair bit.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It should have more ammo. The Grenade Belt should increase it. Proper Grenadiers are missing from this game.

Old 2014-02-13, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Patch notes: "Underbarrel Grenade Launchers: Increased direct hit damage from 750 to 800. This was mainly to give a slight damage increase against MAX units and armor"

Not allot but a step in the right direction.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2014-02-13, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
VikingKong
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
I don't think that the UBGL should be a weapon that is used to directly aim at the enemy anyway. With that design it's "just" another direct fire weapon and a shitty design too that will never be balanced.

Simply make it an area of effect damage weapon which isn't great in direct confrontations (as the grenade doesn't explode on impact) but can be used to soften up groups of enemies. A NS Lasher so to speak which is more about supporting your squad then making kills. By that the weapon would actually have a unique purpose and niche in squad based play. The fact that it doesnt explode on impact would also give enemies the time to react like moving away, activate shields, etc.
This guy knows what's up. Give them their own role, instead of trying to turn them into a pocket rocket.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2014-02-13, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
War Barney
Sergeant Major

there seems to be a TON of things that don't have a role, they should work on removing them or giving them a role really. This for example nobody uses, the majority of suit and other certed into upgrades people don't use as others are just better.
Old 2014-02-14, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zadexin
Corporal

I have to agree with the OP. You get hit with a grenade, you should die, end of story. At least if you are not wearing flak armor. How to balance it? Make every grenade use resource points just like an actual grenade. *shock*
Need more? Make its ammo replace the thrown grenade slot OR mine/c4 slot.

SOE takes the easy way out of everything instead of trying to maybe fix the actual problem with gameplay they just drop the damage and derp out a patch.
Old 2014-02-14, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zadexin
Corporal

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
I'd be fine with that if I could throw C4 a reasonable distance and at a reasonable speed. Right now you throw C4 like your throwing an egg. If I'm about to blow the damn stuff up anyway I don't care if it explodes when it hits the target, that would actually help quite a bit
Had to just fix this misconception, C4 can't explode from impact. You can even shoot the stuff and it just deforms like clay. It can't even be detonated by lighting it on fire. To set it off it needs a secondary explosive cap inserted into it. So yeah, you should be able to throw C4 like a sticky grenade. You should also be able to just grab unexploded c4 and throw it off or shoot it off.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion