Any idea what the other certs are? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Watch, I bet this quote won't get in...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-12, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corbie
Private

Any idea what the other certs are?

They say there are around 60 certs.. we know of about 28 of them. That leaves 32 certs that we dont know of!... considering that the certs we know of seem to cover all the basics..and any kind of "physical bonus" is handled by implants.. what could these 32 other certs possibly be????

anyone have any ideas at all? the only thing I can think of is something that would allow a player to dispense ammo...but i doubt it since that would kinda defeat the purpose of many aspects of the game.
Old 2002-12-12, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

I dont think that all of them were in when i played

I know there is an AMS cert thats not listed

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-13, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Marsman
Major

What Dave G actually stated was there are 60+ cert points worth total. Hamma reports certs "cost" 2 or 3 cert points each. If all certs were 2 points - that's 30 certs total, if they were all 3 points, there would be 20 certs. Obviously it's somewhere inbetween.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Corbie
Private

well if thats the case..then you can get 20 of the 28 available certifications.. so..Hamma's original fear that everyone would be capable of doing everything would be true.
Old 2002-12-13, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
�io
Lieutenant General

I wouldn't worry about the certs, the devs know what they are doing. Also i doubt we have info about every cert that will be in the full game.
Old 2002-12-13, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thats not a fear I had, its a fear everyone else had. I know for a fact your not gonna be running around with every cert

Old 2002-12-13, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Marsman
Major

Limited invetory space will force you to pick a role/loadout just like anyone else. All certs do is give you more choices at the time you pick your role/loadout. Being qualified with a bunch of certs won't provide you with any kind of overwhelming advantage in the field. As Hamma mentioned, every with a team full of seasoned vets, they still required specialization and were often calling on other team members to perform actions they didn't have the loadout for... despite that they might hold the cert for that themselves - if you don't suit up for it in the beginning, just holding a cert doesn't help you.

Last edited by Marsman; 2002-12-13 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2002-12-13, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

Originally posted by Hamma
Thats not a fear I had, its a fear everyone else had. I know for a fact your not gonna be running around with every cert
Maybe you won't... but I will!!

Old 2002-12-13, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Corbie
Private

well, that aint so terrible then.. works out well for me...cause ive been having a heck of a time deciding which vehicles I wanted to get certified in.. now I can pick up all 6 of my favorites..woo!
Old 2002-12-13, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Sure, if you like that crap the enemy uses. Smells like Peanut Action!

I'm all for experienced players having a wide range of certifications. That way I can spend most of my time in the few specialties that I really enjoy (like flying) and still have enough certs to do something else if I'm in the mood.

EDIT: Damn you Warborn for your magic timestamper, putting the post I was responding to below my response! He's a witch, burn him!

Last edited by Airlift; 2002-12-13 at 02:54 PM.
Old 2002-12-13, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Being able to loot enemies sort of circumvents the whole limited inventory bit.
Old 2002-12-13, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Corbie
Private

Im real curious about that Warborn.. judging by the Screenshots..and logic.. it seems to me that getting ammo from bodies wont be that easy.

See, from what I can tell..each gun has its own unique kind of clip. You cant loot the clip off of someone that used a cycler..and expect it to work in your gauss rifle..

look at it this way.. if regular ammo came in 50 round clips..and you used a cycler..well..you could fill up your inventory with clips and still run out of ammo fairly fast since you have such a high rate of fire..while someone with a guass rifle who has a slow rate of fire but more power..could probably make that ammo last quite a while. So, the logical explaination is that each gun has its own kind of clip..some with more ammo per clip and some with less.

here is the proof http://www.planetside-universe.com/i...hots/20173.jpg

Now, since this is the case.. really you arent going to find ammo for one of your faction specific weapons unless you loot it off one of your friends that died.. so, i think what is most likely going to happen is that people who can carry more than one weapon, will carry a faction specific..as well as a common pool..so that they have a better chance of picking up ammo they can use in an emergency.

This may all be common knowledge..but im new so i dunno heck..for all I know you can pick up ammo for a cycler and convert it into clips for your gauss :P...if not..that would be a good certification.. "gun smith"
Old 2002-12-13, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

Well if it's not a common pool weapon obviously it will be harder to loot ammo for it. Of course this all depends if 1 NC weapon uses the same ammo type as a TR weapon. It would make sense but would also mean the VS get the short end of the stick seeing as neither NC or TR use energy based weapons.
Old 2002-12-13, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Corbie
Private

i imagine that even NC and TR will be incapable of using clips from each others weapons...so really the only way to get ammo off a body would be with common pool weapons.
Old 2002-12-13, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

This is a good question, when I was playing I looted some Vanu bodies - but saw energy ammo in there so I walked away haha.

I would expect common pool weapon ammo will work In any empire. But thats just a guess

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion