Why is NC winning? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: took my lunch money
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-26, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Take it apart and put it together again in the spawn room piece by piece. Kinda like you did to that guy's Volkswagen back in college.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Can you guys stfu about tanks? They are all good, it is just whichever one you like the best.

Imo the prowler is the best, and I gun for vanguards a whole lot. Prowlers do not have alot less armor then vanguards (I thought they had more actually), and then gun is the best in the game. One hits on infantry, and the fastest armor TTK.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Vick
Can you guys stfu about tanks? They are all good, it is just whichever one you like the best.
If people actually did stfu about everything that somebody said they should stfu about, this forum would get mighty quiet.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
The clearest example that the graph sucks is how the Suppressor rates so high. We all know that thing is a piece of crap
Not true the suppesor is a very accurate gun and very useful at range. accuracy is better then any other rifle in the game. only thing that beats it is the boltdriver
Old 2004-01-26, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The Suppressor is crap. Havent you notice that no one uses them? It is the first thing you want to get rid of out of the spawn tube
Old 2004-01-26, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Personally, I find the Prowler to be a great weapon. Every time I have seen it used, it's spanking competition.

Once again, I'll bring up Oshur this past weekend. The NC rolled a line of tanks through, past Zal and Atar. My Prowler tank crew alone killed at least ten of the fuckers. There were a few other tanks, and some air assets working there. Since the NC did not have a tech plant, they had to go back to the other side of the gate to get their tanks.

It all boils down to how SMART are you implementing your tank. KIAsan, my tank driver, would stay within the SOI and if we lost the shield and went to half damage, we withdrew and repaired, meanwhile reloading the ammo. We also stayed out of open areas outside the SOI and stuck to "sniper-like" tactics such as using terrain as cover and concealment, or the base walls as an extra shield.

Teamwork and communication trump any sort of gunnery skills. Everyone in my tank was on the same TS channel, and my outfit was there helping kill NC Crap-Op tanks. It also helps if your driver isn't a fucktard and rushing in to play CQB.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Actually I've seen many people using suppressors, usually while firing from a tower or base wall at relatively distant enemies. I personally like using it to counter snipers when I don't currently have the sniping cert. Sneak up into range and you can usualyl get enough shots intothem to either make them run or kill them in between their driver shots.

The suppressor is not an awesome gun but it does have it's uses.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
A moment of trolling...

I forget who it was who mentioned in another post how he loves air battles because everything that flys is common pool. So now only skill, teamwork, and tactics apply to victory conditions. I gotta agree with this. Since I went Air Calvary it's breathed new life into this game. I prefer the "all things even" test of skill like in sports... You don't have to deal with Surge-o-porting, Speedsteppers, Jackhammers in instagib mode (tri-shot), and AI MAX units.
I fell in to this problem myself just recently. I was so sick of the exploiters that I was ready to quit the game, but instead dropped every infantry cert I had in favor of a vehicle cert, and the game improved for me tenfold. When I die now I know it is because the person who killed me had a better driver/gunner than me, not because he had the better end of a video glitch.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
The Suppressor is crap. Havent you notice that no one uses them? It is the first thing you want to get rid of out of the spawn tube
Maybe due to the fact that it isn't very useful at close ranges but outside it can be very useful at range you can take out people with certed equipment.
Old 2004-01-26, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Firefly
Personally, I find the Prowler to be a great weapon. Every time I have seen it used, it's spanking competition.

Once again, I'll bring up Oshur this past weekend. The NC rolled a line of tanks through, past Zal and Atar. My Prowler tank crew alone killed at least ten of the fuckers. There were a few other tanks, and some air assets working there. Since the NC did not have a tech plant, they had to go back to the other side of the gate to get their tanks.
Firefly does have a point. The Prowler is not a tank to be taken lightly, even by Vanguard drivers. It can be quite brutal in the right hands.

Sturm was part of the NC tanks assaulting Zal on Oshur. In fact, I remember seeing Firefly's name pop up in my kill box after I destroyed his Prowler.
Old 2004-01-26, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I remember that, because it was right after we'd run into three of those SOBs at once. It was also the only time I recall losing the tank.
Old 2004-01-26, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

I believe cattle is reading THIS graph upside down
A low killspeed(TTK) is a GOOD thing.

That said, I don't think I posted the expanded graph:
http://www.planetsideimages.com/uploads/killspeed.gif
UpDown - Time to Kill (TTK) - (seconds)
LeftRight - Range - (meters)

Sure it assumes 100% accuracy with no bursting, I can't be perfectly accurate.
However, Suppresor can practically do that.

So yes, I think it's pretty obvious that outdoors, Suppresor > Pulsar
Old 2004-01-26, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Could you label those graphs, so I don't have to read through the thread to find out what the up/down - left/right limits are?
Old 2004-01-26, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

X axis is meters, Y axis is seconds

thus, the lower the weapon's line, the faster it kills at a given distance

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The surpressor is more accurate at range than even the mighty cycler, i've gotten a few kills that way.

Also i don't find those graphs very belivable becasue they show very wierd results. the TTK on agile should be propotionate to the TTK on the reinforced

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-01-26 at 04:07 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion