my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Uber-Secret Midget Army.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-20, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dragoon412
Corporal

Not if the other guy's gun hits 5 times as hard.

I plan on using an anti-infantry NC MAX, and I'll admit, I'm very concerned about the Terran MAX. I mean (and I apologize in advance for how arrogant this sounds, but) I'm a great shot - I <I>will</I> shoot first and I <I>will</I> land that first shot, but if I don't kill with that first shot and need to sit there and spend an eternity reloading (courtesy of the shield) while the Terran MAX proceeds to dig in and punch more holes in me than a Star Wars plot... eh, I guess I'm just apprehensive about being shredded by the TR MAX. I'm under the impression the VS MAX will be more of a nuisance than anything else, though.
Old 2002-12-20, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Lets say a NC MAX and a TR MAX are fighting. Lets say the TR MAX does 5 dmg every hit and takes one second to fire once. The NC does 15 dmg and takes 3 seconds to hit. (I'm just making up these numbers)
The advantage would go to the NC MAX because he would do more damage per hit, and probably hit most of the time, while the TR MAX would hit for 1/3 the damage and probably have a worse accuracy (Hit about 2/3 of the time because it is firing faster). The faster you fire the less accurate you are going to be. So I would say the NC MAX is better.

My $.02
Old 2002-12-20, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

When the TR MAX is planted on the ground, or whatever you call it the ROF and his ability to aim increase.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-20, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah it's RoF and accuracy increase so it will land most of the hits don't worry.

And don't underestimate the VS MAX, your shield or anchor won't be much good if the VS MAX just hops over you and shoots you in the back.
Old 2002-12-20, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

true, I bleiev it was said that it would take the TR MAX 3 seconds to anchor itself, and 3 seconds to un-anchor itself. That's alot of time.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-20, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
quiet
Staff Sergeant

IMO the NC propoganda by far is the worst,it actually made me like the TR more.

here is a snippet from
http://www.newconglomerate.com/history.jsp

"I bet you've never heard of the underground group of freedom fighters known as "Liberty's Call" that staged a demonstration no more than a century ago, protesting the Republic's systematic elimination of human rights. Quite a crowd gathered to listen until a shower of bullets from Terran Republic Special Riot Police, which killed every last one of the protestors and nine innocent bystanders, broke up the rally."

If the worse specific thing the NC can say about the TR is that they ruthlessly squashed a protest a 100 years ago than the TR must be doing a really good job of managing multi-planetary empire with tens of billions of people (?). The last 8 words could just be dropped and it would sound better, "nine innocent bystanders" suggest everone else really was guilty and in a propoganda context sounds petty(thousands and millions are more appropiate scales and general terms work just as well).

I would have liked something more like,

"Let me tell you the true story of "Liberty's Call". A visonary group that staged demonstrations thoughout the TR protesting the Republic's systematic elimination of human rights. Peaceful protests were met with with ruthless violence from the Terran Republic Special Police. Liberty's Call was falsely labled an anarchist terrorist group and the Special Police hunted down all associed with Liberty's Call. The few that escaped went into hiding, secretly planning for the day that Liberty's Call could again be heard.
Now is the time."

While I'm at it the refernce to the NC as a "crimson phoenix" (same page) should be changed to "golden phoenix".

And could the rank 20 guys be a little less yellow?

Just my$.02
Old 2002-12-20, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Exactly Now we know why its not pitch black at night, all the damn NCs are running around.

Old 2002-12-21, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

OMG LMAO the vanu arent much beter with the beams of light comming from there weapons like light comming from a tactical flashlight and giving there positions away

Last edited by CDaws; 2002-12-21 at 01:45 AM.
Old 2002-12-21, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

You're right on that one

Old 2002-12-21, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by SpecialOpRanger
OMG LMAO the vanu arent much beter with the beams of light comming from there weapons like light comming from a tactical flashlight and giving there positions away
Well that or tracers won't change much. The VS weapons will show up a bit more at night but TR and NC will still have tracer bullets showing their position.
Old 2002-12-21, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Kriege
Corporal

Originally posted by BLuE_ZeRO
We are the bug guys from Halo. It's almost too similar. If we weren't human in form we'd be almost exactly like them. Not neccesarily a bad thing cause alot of them looked bad ass.
WHATS HALO?
Old 2002-12-21, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kriege
Corporal

Originally posted by SpecialOpRanger
Actually it doesnt matter since whoever saw it will be dead anyway

How do you quote more then 2 person in a single reply lol. I'm getting tired of replying twice.
Old 2002-12-21, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
snipe
Corporal

halo is te coolest game out for x-Box
Old 2002-12-21, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
diluted
Major

well this did get off topic but everone must keep in mind that you truly know nothing until you play the game. you have a good idea but like a producer guy said in a video, "you may have an idea of the game... but you're probably wrong"
Old 2002-12-21, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

TR MAX = NC MAX

VS MAX > NC MAX

So, using your mathematical knowledge, is the TR MAX equal, less than, or greater than the VS MAX?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion