Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-04-07, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

man i'm sorry we can't help you more, i have nothing more to offer

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
SkullOmania
Private

Okay, I've tried the above suggestions but haven't seen any improvement. I have, however, noticed something interesting about the nature of these glitches. It seems to have something to do with the loading of the textures. When I walk into the CC a base for the first time in a play session, I might see these glitches. If I minimize PS and then maximize it, they go away. Somehow when the scene is redrawn the glitches don't manifest themselves again. I still have no idea why this is, or why it only happens occasionally and only seems to occur after half an hour or so of gameplay. I can only assume the textures are somehow being corrupted when loaded to memory? Anyone got any ideas?
Old 2004-04-15, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Driver Cleaner is the program you need to clear out the alterations made by omega drivers which didn't uninstall properly and aren't compatible with your current drivers. Google it, uninstall properly using Driver Cleaner (directions are in the readme), install your drivers. If you still have artifacts, pull your card out and clean it properly (dust insulates and can dramatically increase heat). If you still have artifacts, uninstall and reinstall an older driver. If you still have artifacts, reinstall DirectX (reinstall windows basically). If you still have artifacts, your card is fucked, return it and claim warranty.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum