TR Wins Planetside 1 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are we back again?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-08, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Crator
Major General

Re: TR Wins Planetside 1

That was a fun event! Much fun had by all, except the VS I think.
Old 2012-07-08, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Odomas View Post
All these complaints about being double teamed....

There are 3 factions in this game for a reason.
Every player who has ever played Planetside will have been double teamed by the opposing factions at some point or other. Funny how everyone thinks it's their faction that gets it the worst...
It's part of the game, it's what keeps things interesting and challenging.

If you don't like it, go get excited about http://n4g.com/news/877457/my-little...-and-tolerence and leave the rest of us to continue gangbanging each other to hell and back.

Oh and for those VS saying NC and TR were exclusively picking off VS and ignoring it's other... that's crap. NC support was constantly heading north to recover bases that TR had hit, regularly severing our Tech link (good tactical play).

I was involved in a few attempts to take the tower to the north of the only VS base left from the hands of the TR to no avail and defended our AMS's against their aircav and GG's repeatedly. Get your facts right before throwing out dumb accusations you can't back up.

Congrats to TR on their win. It might have been different had the crash not interfered but to be fair they were playing tactically very well while us NC were being too reactive IMHO.

Thanks to Brewko for organising, it couldn't have been easy and it's harsh pinning any blame on him when he's trying to organise over 500 players on his own. Hell, anyone who's a leader in an Outfit knows how hard it is just trying to get a squad or platoon to do what you tell them to!

Cracking event, roll on Planetside 2
Props for telling it how it is.

I was impressed by TR command chat last night. Lots of forward planning and each move was done on consensus vote. There were a few idiots, but nothing /ignore couldn't counter. Hopefully more of the same in PS2.
Old 2012-07-08, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
NC and TR had VS in their sights before the fight even started. Then when we got to our last base there was literally a cease-fire between the two.

How embarrassing, we couldn't hold off 2v1.
Nah, my Vanguard was farming the TR coming out of that tower almost that entire fight.

Old 2012-07-08, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
ringring
Contributor
General

NC and TR had VS in their sights before the fight even started. Then when we got to our last base there was literally a cease-fire between the two.

As we were waiting in the WG for the start we formed our plan, which was simply go for Dahaka and Hvar. There was nothing more complicated or involved .... the rest happened organically.

I think the vs problem was Atar. Maybe it was due to the influence of AT thinking "Gals are Good". Well, Gals weren't good, I saw plenty gal drops being wiped out.

On the other hand with the tech plant we had reavers and mossies, which enabled rapid responses to wherever a fire had broken out.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Murkie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Odomas View Post
All these complaints about being double teamed....

There are 3 factions in this game for a reason.
Every player who has ever played Planetside will have been double teamed by the opposing factions at some point or other. Funny how everyone thinks it's their faction that gets it the worst...
It's part of the game, it's what keeps things interesting and challenging.

If you don't like it, go get excited about http://n4g.com/news/877457/my-little...-and-tolerence and leave the rest of us to continue gangbanging each other to hell and back.

Oh and for those VS saying NC and TR were exclusively picking off VS and ignoring it's other... that's crap. NC support was constantly heading north to recover bases that TR had hit, regularly severing our Tech link (good tactical play).

I was involved in a few attempts to take the tower to the north of the only VS base left from the hands of the TR to no avail and defended our AMS's against their aircav and GG's repeatedly. Get your facts right before throwing out dumb accusations you can't back up.

Congrats to TR on their win. It might have been different had the crash not interfered but to be fair they were playing tactically very well while us NC were being too reactive IMHO.

Thanks to Brewko for organising, it couldn't have been easy and it's harsh pinning any blame on him when he's trying to organise over 500 players on his own. Hell, anyone who's a leader in an Outfit knows how hard it is just trying to get a squad or platoon to do what you tell them to!

Cracking event, roll on Planetside 2
This. VS lost when they decided Atar was more important than Jamshid. If you didn't see yourselves getting caught in the middle of a 3-way when the TR attacked Jamshid then everything that followed was well deserved.
Well played TR, was a good fight and I have no doubt that you would have won on base count in the end. Your back-hack response times were very fast.

Last edited by Murkie; 2012-07-08 at 09:27 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
bitcrusherrr
Private

Old 2012-07-08, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Lol it's no secret. VS had hacks on bases a good 4-5 minutes before the TR and NC. I can speak for the NC at least and say I know they ran to a warp gate because they didn't want to get booted from the event.
So yes, we pretty much decided to take out the cheaters first. Sorry if it was only a handful of VS that went that way.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Zaerath
Private

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
So I don't know which empire got to be summoned first but the VS was the last to get in and did not get all the way in until after the event started. It's great that you had the time to do the "honorable" thing and run to a WG but he VS did not have that luxory.

I was spawned onto a air pad with a ton a VS and a few TR. It was already past the time when the event was supposed to start and Brewko annouced that it would start in a few minutes so I stuck around as did everyone else with any sense. Most people stuck around on the air pad that they were summoned to and just before it started there was a ASS-HAT VS that OS'd everyone on the air pad so most of them had to wait for a spawn ponit anyway (fuck that guy BTW).

The accusations of cheating are pretty ridiculous considering that the VS that were summoned to Atar right before the event started had no choice to be summoned there and right before the event, and very few dared to move from where they were spawned before the event started anyway, and they got OS'd anyway.

I will agree that the VS fucked up and for some reason let the tech plant go in favor of trying to get a bio lab. Anyone complaining about cheating needs to get over it because nobody in their right mind would get spawned into a base when the event was starting and take the time to run to a WG and then run back to the base. It's fine that the TR and NC got pissed and double teamed us and we got our asses handed to us, just don't call us cheaters because of shit that was out of our control. Also keep in mind that your "honorable" trek back to the WTG happened about an hour before any VS were summoned to Atar.

Once again I will say that this was indeed a fun event (for me at least, thanks again to Brewko) even though we got PWNED. Good to see the real Oshur again and had a great time killing and getting killed. Save all your hate for eachother for PS2

**edit**
I still have until next month on my sub--Wish they would replace the battle islands with the right Oshur
Just so everyone here knows, it was SoleSyndicate (SoleShooter?) who OS'd all the VS at the air pad at Atar before the event started. He used to be a member of GOTR, but then gave his account to his cousin, who is a total douche.

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled arguing.

PS - I am not congratulating the TR for having to buddy up with the smurfs in order to kick us off Oshur, I will congratulate them for being infinitely more organized than the NC.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Was a good night for the TR.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Zaerath View Post
I will congratulate them for being infinitely more organized than the NC.
Now now, let's not over exaggerate.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Malstrum
Private

I would hardly say the VS were weak, it just came down to a poor command infrastructure, disorganization and being sandwiched that kicked us off cont. Admittedly, being sandwiched wasn't exactly a fun way to play on Old Oshur one last time, so that kinda killed it for me. Regardless, I want to say well done to the VS for holding the TR and NC back, dealing with a pop twice our own and yet still hanging onto a base and trying to push out for a decent amount of time was valiant in my opinion.

Congratulations on the victory TR, and a huge thank you to everyone that took place in the event, TR, VS and NC alike. But most of all a thank you to Brewko for setting up the event, thank you.

Last edited by Malstrum; 2012-07-08 at 10:44 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Malstrum View Post
I would hardly say the VS were weak, i'm Vanu myself but it was blatantly obvious the TR and NC were grouping up to push the VS off cont as fast as possible, hardly a fair way to fight for a supposedly "epic" old Oshur battle.

Perhaps the NC and TR were fighting each other whilst we were on 1 base, but I didn't notice any base hacks between the NC and TR whilst we were being grouped up on.

Regardless, I want to say well done to the VS for holding the TR and NC back, dealing with a pop twice our own and yet still hanging onto a base and trying to push out for a decent amount of time was valiant in my opinion.

The event could have been much more fun if not for the being sandwiched, but never the less well done on the TR for coming out victorious.
Butthurt Smurfs aside, we expended several attempts to take Dahaka and almost succeeded several times. We also had to actively defend Izha. Honestly, many of us fought the TR almost the entire event. All my VS kills were incidental or in Zal. The TR pop advantage is what won them this event, if we had been even, the outcome might have been very different... server dump aside.

Old 2012-07-08, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Greenthy
Sergeant

Every time i looked at incentives the pop was nearly equal though.
Only the last few hours when things got into a seemingly set fit, did pops really drop.

VS dropped when they got down to 1/2 bases and NC when they had 3/4 left.

After the crash NC were not as eager to relog into what seemed to be a loss set in stone, and TR pop was then dwarfing the NC pop

Last edited by Greenthy; 2012-07-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The TR pop advantage is what won them this event, if we had been even, the outcome might have been very different... server dump aside.
Please, you know that would have been a stalemate for a long time...
Old 2012-07-08, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
Every time i looked at incentives the pop was nearly equal though.
Only the last few hours when things got into a seemingly set fit, did pops really drop.

VS dropped when they got down to 1/2 bases and NC when they had 3/4 left.

After the crash NC were not as eager to relog into what seemed to be a loss set in stone, and TR pop was then dwarfing the NC pop
Remember when BREWKO was broadcasting for VS tells to go to Old Oshur? Yeah, that whole time NC was down 50+ pop. TR were poplocked first, NC last. Which was instrumental in our failure to cap Dahaka.

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Please, you know that would have been a stalemate for a long time...
A stalemate in our favor.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion