You actually thought TR MAXs were equal to the others? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Insert witty or life-affirming quote here
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-06, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
keam02
Corporal

You actually thought TR MAXs were equal to the others?

I dont see where you are coming from with that. You guys are just mad because they are nerfing the overpowering quality about you. Maybe this will even the server numbers a bit, I'm getting quite tired of 19034703874012384 TRs against my 15 NCs.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
beavis88
Sergeant

Maybe you'll have to find some other excuse for getting smoked now?
Old 2003-06-06, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

I never played the NC maxes so I can't comment on those. Vanu Max units however, I feel are right on par with TR - the jump jet ability is just so much more useful than either sheild or lockdown IMO.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Yogi
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by AcidCat
I never played the NC maxes so I can't comment on those. Vanu Max units however, I feel are right on par with TR - the jump jet ability is just so much more useful than either sheild or lockdown IMO.
I agree.

I used to have a MAX cert but I traded it in. I felt I could do more with another cert.

[ Inquisition - Team Captain | Tribalwar PHP Guru | F*ck Duke ]
Old 2003-06-06, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
beavis88
Sergeant

Hey yogi, is duke-sucks.com your domain?
Old 2003-06-06, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

the jumps are cool
the lock-down is gay
the shield is cool sumtimes.

but i really dont see how everyone sees the TR being "overpowered" theyre the worst max IMO, and dont see why everyone likes them. as a TR reaver pilot, I found the max armor to just be annoying and traded it in for basic eng cert. im much happier now.

of the 3 maxes, my favorite for a 1 on 1 fight, is my NC max. 2nd is the VS max for the jets (but the gun SUCKS!) and tr is a far 3rd.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Yogi
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by beavis88
Hey yogi, is duke-sucks.com your domain?
Yeah, it is.

[ Inquisition - Team Captain | Tribalwar PHP Guru | F*ck Duke ]
Old 2003-06-06, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
keam02
Corporal

I hate Dook....yes Dook

but back to the point....Im not talking abotu special ability. I played a TR AV MAX, and it was much easier then my VS MAX I played with. The damage is higher, and the range if greater since you are just shooting frag grenades. If you have 5 people in a small room you can just fire 6 of those in there and they are pretty much gone where as with NC or VS you have to aim somewhat. My main beef is for the TR AV MAX, the DC is relatively even since you do have to hit the person to do damage.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

The pounder is the AI max, not AV.
Old 2003-06-06, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
beavis88
Sergeant

Nice. I own fuckdook.com (UNC grad ). Nice to see your site looking like mine should
Old 2003-06-06, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I love how all these TR people are saying how much their MAX suck 8)

I haven't played the TR max but I have played the VS and NC max alot. The VS max are simply pathetic. Pisspoor damage, clip size, and accuracy. Jump jets are by far the most useful special ability though.

The NC max are all very good. The Falcon (AV max) could use a slight bump in projectile speed and damage. The AA max (sparrow) and AI max (scattercannon) are both outstanding at what they are designed for but none are nearly as versatile as the TR max. I think the verstality of the TR maxes to down infantry and MAX alike was the thing that annoyed/annoys so many people.
Old 2003-06-06, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PR24
Major

Re: You actually thought TR MAXs were equal to the others?

Originally posted by keam02
I dont see where you are coming from with that. You guys are just mad because they are nerfing the overpowering quality about you. Maybe this will even the server numbers a bit, I'm getting quite tired of 19034703874012384 TRs against my 15 NCs.
Go back to the Official forums Asshat. This thread is an obvious attemp to troll.

It is however funny you say the TR are over powered and its 19034703874012384 to 15 NC when the NC won yesterday's base capping and holding percentage.
Old 2003-06-06, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Jarlo
I love how all these TR people are saying how much their MAX suck 8)

I haven't played the TR max but I have played the VS and NC max alot. The VS max are simply pathetic. Pisspoor damage, clip size, and accuracy. Jump jets are by far the most useful special ability though.

The NC max are all very good. The Falcon (AV max) could use a slight bump in projectile speed and damage. The AA max (sparrow) and AI max (scattercannon) are both outstanding at what they are designed for but none are nearly as versatile as the TR max. I think the verstality of the TR maxes to down infantry and MAX alike was the thing that annoyed/annoys so many people.
What 90% of all people seem to forget is when they attack a tower for example the MAX is LOCKED DOWN. We are supposed to own your ass locked down and thats our special ability. All this is, is a bunch of cry babies tired of being under skilled and want to newbify the game of PS.

You don't see the TR complaining daily about how big of a POS our Prowler (tank) is do you? The Vanguard is twice the tank and the NC don't seem to think so, yet they know and won't say.

It's a BS trend of whiners getting their way.
Old 2003-06-06, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

So you are basically saying this quote from Sporkster..

I just wanted to let you know that MAX issues are being addressed. After watching the data on the DC and Pounder over the past few weeks, we've come to the point of view that they are, in fact, somewhat overpowered in certain situations compared to their counterpart MAXes. They are both going to be reduced slightly to bring them back to the original design vision.
Is a lie? That they based the changes only on whining and not on DATA?

Hmmmkay whatever you want to believe.......
Old 2003-06-06, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

He's not lieing, it's just PR.

PR is the careful crafting of the truth.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion