Why so nerfed? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Illiterate? Post today for free help.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-26, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sunrock
Major

Re: Why so nerfed?

Sure VS is easy mode because they have low recoil and only kick strait up.

But TR weapons tend to kick up and to the left or to the right making it really hard to hit anything if you don't use controlled burst fire. Sure TR shoots allot of bullets but each bullet also do less damage. So what is easier? To hit with 3 bullets to do X damage or hit with 1 bullet to do X damage? So don't come here and QQ that TR is OP.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

moral of the story, trac-5 OP nerf NAO
Old 2012-11-27, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Arkanor
Private

Originally Posted by lazerface View Post
My point with this wasn't to just talk about the weapons, I also feel as if the NC vehicles are nerfed as well. The scythe hovers before you even spend any certs, and the mosquitoes are the quickest and most maneuverable. Shouldnt the Reavers at least get superior firepower? The prowlers have more maneuverability and more shots, not to mention the mag-rider turbo. There isn't really an NC trait that gives it an edge.
The Reaver does have superior firepower. 35 shots to kill any ESF while the Scythe takes 42 and the Mosquito a whole 50.
Old 2012-11-27, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Canaris
Contributor
General

my advise slap on a Compensator or Forwardgrip and go about your business

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post
In other news the MCG is fun to use.

Would you like to know more? Pair it up with AA Grounder.
That's how I was rolling last night, twas a lot of fun
though I'm still not sure which I prefer more LMGs or the MCG, going to have to kill a lot of VS & NC to figure it out

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-11-27, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Gortha
First Sergeant

Many(Most) players are just idiots WHO SPRAY and PRAY.

I see it in that much videos...

I don´t want to say u are such a guy... no offense.

Try some salvos / volleys of shots and if you start spraying pull your mouse down...

Regards
Gortha

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-11-27, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
ringring
Contributor
General

Terran have insane fire rates and their heavies have the T7 which I've seen one good heavy use to take out platoons.
I know I am safe ground when I suggest you did not see this.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
lazerface
Private

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
Many(Most) players are just idiots WHO SPRAY and PRAY.

I see it in that much videos...

I don´t want to say u are such a guy... no offense.

Try some salvos / volleys of shots and if you start spraying pull your mouse down...

Regards
Gortha
No, I play counter-strike religiously when I'm not playing ps2, so I dont spray and pray. Ill account for the recoil as best I can but it gets to be slightly ridiculous.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

No, I play counter-strike religiously when I'm not playing ps2, so I dont spray and pray. Ill account for the recoil as best I can but it gets to be slightly ridiculous.
As a former competitive CS player, I can say that the insane, random recoil of NC weapons is unacceptable in a game considering an ESports future. Nobody joins NC for a competitive edge but, rather, it is an easy to understand faction. People can relate to "more armor" or, "more punch", while few understand the necessity of ROF, recoil, reload speeds, speed in general and/or bullet drop until they take games like this seriously.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com

Last edited by Tooterfish; 2012-11-27 at 10:17 AM.
Old 2012-11-28, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Jomsdk
Private

I play VS and i have to shoot NC 6-8 times to get a 100% kill while i get killed in 3-4 shoots from NC so if you want better recoil you should atleast go down 35% in damage imho.
Old 2012-11-28, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Sure VS is easy mode because they have low recoil and only kick strait up.

But TR weapons tend to kick up and to the left or to the right making it really hard to hit anything if you don't use controlled burst fire. Sure TR shoots allot of bullets but each bullet also do less damage. So what is easier? To hit with 3 bullets to do X damage or hit with 1 bullet to do X damage? So don't come here and QQ that TR is OP.
TR carbines kick up and to the right
VS carbines kick up and to the right, but to a lesser extent
NC carbines kick straight up, with small random spread left and right, but with greater vertical deflection than either of the other two.

Based on shooting several clips from each of the basic starter carbines from the same position at the same reference point (a vertical 'line' on the wall) in the warpgate.

Obv different people will find it easier or harder to compensate for each different recoil pattern. I don't personally think any one is significantly advantaged over any other. The devs could make small tweaks to the numbers till the cows come home and you'll never get everyone to agree on what is 'perfectly' balanced (other than all being identical, which I find dull).
Old 2012-11-28, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Jomsdk View Post
I play VS and i have to shoot NC 6-8 times to get a 100% kill while i get killed in 3-4 shoots from NC so if you want better recoil you should atleast go down 35% in damage imho.
Thats when they actually hit, but then most times half of our shots will fly past your head, do to cof, plus we have the lowest rof, when the VS have the highest and next to no kick
Old 2012-11-28, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by james View Post
Thats when they actually hit, but then most times half of our shots will fly past your head, do to cof, plus we have the lowest rof, when the VS have the highest and next to no kick
The COF is what kills me the most on NC. Even at 25m with heavy burst fire I can have most of my mag miss a target with stock guns. It only gets worse at longer ranges.

It may be that I have put all of my certs into support roles and none into any guns yet. I just don't see a point using certs to buff a gun that you're going to replace as soon as you're able to. Stock NC guns may be "alright" in an all round case, but they aren't meant for non-CQC fights. Just look at the MAX. That shotgun can't hit shit from 10m out.
Old 2012-11-28, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
As a former competitive CS player, I can say that the insane, random recoil of NC weapons is unacceptable in a game considering an ESports future.
This. NC guns are probably on par with the others if you will shoot a dummy for 5 minutes in a row. But PS2 is not WoW and it doesnt work this way here.
Old 2012-11-29, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Arkanor
Private

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
As a former competitive CS player, I can say that the insane, random recoil of NC weapons is unacceptable in a game considering an ESports future. Nobody joins NC for a competitive edge but, rather, it is an easy to understand faction. People can relate to "more armor" or, "more punch", while few understand the necessity of ROF, recoil, reload speeds, speed in general and/or bullet drop until they take games like this seriously.
I knew it was more than the other guns (played more VS than normal tonight and it was amazing) but it really shows through if I tried to use a scope.

I put a 3.4x on the base light assault gun, it was completely unusable. Even if the first shot hits the subsequent shots fall so far off target and even so far off the aimpoint it can't be used past 75m. This is firing very short bursts (2-4 rounds) and fast single shots.

It's ridiculous. Single shots should AT LEAST hit the target, and hurt harder than the ridiculously accurate VS guns, it ends up being bad because so many shots miss your long range DPS is shit, and the ROF is so low your short-range DPS is shit. Even with short bursts the accuracy is just not there to lay down as quick a kill as TR/VS can (especially VS, even with the damage falloff as their COF seems to be a little closer and recoil lower).

EDIT: For giggles I looked through some personal stats to find if this does really affect me, it certainly *feels that way* but I don't know for sure, well, now I do. My KDR as NC is ~2.8:1 at the moment, probably 1/4-1/3 of those kills being from vehicles. On VS it's about 3.35:1 with slightly over 1/4 of that coming from vehicles. The vehicles seem mostly fine (though I think increasing tank shell speed would do something to balance long range combat vs Mags), but looking at accuracy my averages are typically 3-4% higher using VS. That's a noticeable difference in battle and translates to a real effectiveness difference. The VS damage falloff is barely noticeable compared to the NC accuracy falloff. Less damage is preferable to NO damage.

Last edited by Arkanor; 2012-11-29 at 03:12 AM.
Old 2012-11-29, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Garrix
Private

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SUVxLWc&gid=12

Can you stop with the ludicrous claims that NC have superior damage? They have a very slight damage boost on some weapons, but those weapons fire vastly slower. As in they have a slower TTK. This chart is current to the latest build, btw, and shows that things are just as borked as the first datamining did.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion