Systems: Outfit member karma - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is just a test.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-14, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Outfit member karma

As PS2 will have huge playerbase (hopefully) that will mean some large outfits too.

I think outfits will need tools to determine who classifies to their ranks and who should just leave it or who needs kicking. The old system didn't support it at all, you had the name, last played and outfit points.

I don't think exact statistics were needed here (k/d, kill/session, xp/session, assist/month or whatever). Lots of outfits don't measure their members just by twitch skills. But every outfit knows, feels what kind of players they are looking for.

I'd suggest a 'karma' system so officers could reward those players who fit their lines. Be it good killwhoring ability or an allaround nice guy on TS, a devoted supporter or just a responsive squaddie... whanever they like an action, they could add 'kudos'. Maybe 1 kudo/officer/recruit (when the recruit emerges to a new level, new kudo may be added).

This may work both ways, so it could act as a warning system too. (TK-ers, morons, etc that you don't kick from the outfit for his first attempt).

The system would loose it's importance in the higher ranks, by the time someone reaches the officer ranks, he has possibly already proved himself, no need to mark him with karma. But it would be great help when you try to decide who is willing to be a part of the outfit or just seeks the free galride.

And in general - I'd like to know more about the system and the tools of the outfits. How about you?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault