Cash shop: Custom outfit color scheme and badge. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma hears all
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-07, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Cash shop: Custom outfit color scheme and badge.

With this option, a guild leader may purchase from the cash shop(or be gifted) the option to give his outfit a custom color scheme and badge.

By doing this, this gives everyone in the outfit(outfit members don't have to pay for it, just the leader) an option to wear the outfit color scheme on both armor and their spawned vehicles. The color scheme will be custom made by the guild leader who bought it.

And they'll be able to import their own image to serve as their badge.

It is one time use though. So if you want to change it, you pay again.

The general issue with importing images that everyone in game will see is, well, obvious. But having to pay for it first would cut down on this a lot.

Do you agree with this? What do you think?

Last edited by VioletZero; 2012-03-07 at 05:08 PM.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Re: Cash shop: Custom outfit color scheme and badge.

The problem with custom images is that people are idiots and put penises on everything. Customized images from an in game image editor that makes it so you can stretch bend warp and change the colors of things in game would help fix this while giving people many options for outfit colors.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zekeen
Major

Every day, we have moderators having to look through posts on official forums. No money is made from forum posts; It'd be easy to look over images and choose to accept or deny it. Not that many would be getting it (proportionately anyways)
Old 2012-03-07, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

This is one of those things that I think the cash shop will come in handy for.

So people are less likely to use explicit images if they have to pay real money to do it. And even then, you'd have to have the right certs to even buy it in the first place.

I want this system to be convenient and easy to pick up and use. Not have a several day approval period.

Besides, I want this to be a good source of revenue so that it doesn't cross SOE's mind that people aren't paying because they don't HAVE to pay to win.

What you suggest would COST more money.
Old 2012-03-12, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

They're either going to have to deal with it when it's pending approval or deal with it when they notice people ranting on review sites about how negligent SOE is with their custom image system. Best to *** the problem in the bud.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
They're either going to have to deal with it when it's pending approval or deal with it when they notice people ranting on review sites about how negligent SOE is with their custom image system. Best to *** the problem in the bud.
It won't be any harder to police that sort of thing than images on a forum.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Coreldan
Colonel

Even a few custom images on a big battlefield will make a big strain on the server in terms of bandwidth.

I'm not honestly sure if the netcode can spare it. I suppose it will and can be improved alot from what we saw in GDC footage, but it's no small task.

APB for example manages so well with the custom images cos no images are being transferred. All the images are built with pre-set symbols and all you get is a text file that contains a data of each symbols size, color, location, etc and the client on your end rebuilds the image.

Some people suggested that these images would get saved/patched in everyones clients, so that it would rather be a HDD thing than a network thing in the actual game then, but not sure if it's convenient.

That said, with enough of a price tag, it will be "attractive" for them to check them out too and with enough of a price tag we probably wont have the servers flooded with custom images. Also we saw the Magrider with the reddit logo on it. While the devs are naturally capable of fooling around like that easy, but I wonder if it was a hint towards some way to have custom logos.

Also, in APB with practically endless and free customization, you fairly seldom see any penises there. Swastikas are far bigger problem, actually (as they are also illegal in Germany where the EU server resides).

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-03-18 at 04:15 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault