Sniper Transport - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: death is a guy with no pants, his name is Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-06, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
jedi
Staff Sergeant

This sounds like a great idea. If this ELT was actually in the game I would give up mosquito for ELT in a split second because I have moss just for transportation. The ELT would make getting to a certain sniping spot a lot easier seeing as how I can be in ReXo. I think it would be good idea if you could purchase it from a normal equipment terminal and then once you are outside only then can you deploy the ELT. Once deployed it would then free up the space it took up in your inventory. It would also not crowd the vehicle terminals and you wouldn't get OSed while waiting for you vehicle.
Old 2004-02-06, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Brigadier General

Misc Info

That is a really good idea only I think it would be better if you could eject from it.
Old 2004-02-06, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I realy like this idea.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-06, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Doppler
Contributor
Major

No.

I'm not going to go into the advanced reasons but in short let me say it.

No more air shit.

No more vehicles.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-02-06, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

IF you want to cart people around in your deliverer/gal/sunderer then joing a guild. Otherwise fook the stupid arsed drivers.
Old 2004-02-06, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Ok ya guys gotta realise the reason for no ejecting/ bailing out. Making it able to do so would make it over powered, droping adozen rexo's on a base with no risk to a gal kinda sux.
Old 2004-02-06, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
TheN00b
Colonel

Jesus, I shudder to even dare to think about helplessly watching hundreds of ReXo drop onto my base with almost no way to take them out...
Old 2004-02-06, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

This idea is one of the best out there right now. And to sum up my feelings on it:

1. It costs cert points, so not everyone is going to have it.
2. Only climbs if you're in friendly SOI. Decent rate when leaving the SOI is same as forward distance traveled.
3. Has no weapons and user can't use personal weapons or bail out while using it.
4. Makes no sound, so infils will love it.
5. Personally I think it should be the size of an ACE and you can purchase it at an equipment terminal. Go outside to deploy it just like an ACE. Hit "G" to put it on. And you have to hit "G" again to take it off and it deconstructs if you do so. Obviously it won't fit through a doorway.
6. It has no armor, you just shoot the guy using it.
7. Personally I feel that AA should be able to shoot them. This makes it more risky to use in a very hot zerg battle and you won't have the problem of 50 or 60 Rexo users all dropping out of the sky on top of you if that's even possible. Galaxys will still be safer to use in such cases.
8. I love this glider idea and I think it would be useful and fun at the same time. I can already picture in my mind guys putting this thing on and jumping off the base walls as they climb in spirals into the sky and then sail out across the land like little sparrows. They just better pray no reavers or mosquitos catch them. Could lead to some hilarious chases as they jink and dive to get away.
Old 2004-02-06, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
TheN00b
Colonel

LMAO, that would be awesome. Imagine a little squad of ReXos diving and swooping like terrified pigeons as a Reaver swoops through their mist .
Old 2004-02-06, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Glad you like the idea so much. Time to get some more seasoned vets looking at this.
Old 2004-02-07, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i think you should be able to land on buildings but you shouldnt be able to hot drop. the reason for this is that if you can actually pull this off(wont be easy) then why shouldnt you be able to. You can only get going from a base so it will on be useful for jumping on towers that are close to bases other wise it will be just transportion but hopefully fun.
Old 2004-02-07, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Jesus, I shudder to even dare to think about helplessly watching hundreds of ReXo drop onto my base with almost no way to take them out...
You could make it easily damagable. Or should i say easily made unstable in the air and basically instantaly forcing the person to the ground almost always killing them.(no ejection so....) Real hangliding can be very deadly.

That would be low person damage(but still some), from fire that is, high vehicle damage with low vehicle life but high almost alway lethal damage from crashes. If htey make it they make it farly healthy, but if htey get hit enought, which shouldnt that much, they almost certainly die or make it barly alive? You could say 25% of the time they make with a sliver of life so that they could be taken out instantly with even a beamer type weapons. This would give your more kills and more fun if you do shoot them down. Or fun if you enjoy the exitement of trying to fly this thing and surviving 8)

Edit: literally the weakest weapon shot could kill htem so you can enjoy taking it out and one shot killing all of them that actualy tried to invade a base or whatever after you shot them down.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-02-07 at 03:02 AM.
Old 2004-02-07, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

.... Tch! Aital killing the convo.... what he said made no sence.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Here are my thoughts on it.

-Needs to have a semi-slow speed but not too slow. Not sure on exact numbers but I'd say somewhere around 40-45 for Rexo, 45-50 for Agile and 50-55 for Cloakers would be ok but this is more than open to adjustment as needed. No afterburner.

-You can walk with it on, but due to it's weight and the sheer akwardness of walking with it on you move significantly slower and are unable to fire weapons.

-Cloakers flying while in one are effectively cloaked except for the two small telltale engine thrust graphics.

-Drop the glider idea. Just make it a straight propellant type of thing with one catch: no ability to change speed. Once you kick it in you rapidly accelerate up to your top speed and stay there until you land. This has to do with landing.

-For landing you need some space to do it. Once you hit the ground you rapdily decelerate to a stop over say 5-10m. This is to make landing exactly where you want a little more challenging. If you're a cloaker possibly with some sort of giveaway like a dust trail on the ground or something.

-Not bailing at all. You have to land.

-Once you've landed you can drop it at anytime by hitting a key or walk with it on with the prior mentioned restrictions. It drops off your back and cloaks. You can put it back on after it has recharged.

-Mulitple use but with a decent recharge time between uses say something around 60-120 seconds and it must be dropped to recharge. If dropped in an friendly SOI there is no recharge time or recharge time is cut very significantly, say by a factor of ten.

-It takes a little time to get it back on, say 5 seconds or so. It's supposed to be a transport, not a tool for quick retreat.

-It doesn't work in enemy SOIs. Supposed to be a transport, not subitute for hotdrops. If you fly into an enemy SOI the engines are disrupted and you begin to fall immediately, possibly taking damage.

-Give it a small trunk. Something a little smaller than an ATV.

-It provides you no additional armor while flying.

-No radar signature while in flight. However you are treated as an aircraft for the purposes of AA weaponry. Bursters maul you, Sparrows blow you the hell up and Starfires light you up like a bonfire and Skyguards? You don't want to know.

-It has no weaponry and you can't fire any of your own weaponry while in flight.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I like it, except I think it should be able to carry MAX's too, they'd just be even slower. It'd be cool to have max's in some sniping places and the like.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion