Improvement: Situational Voice Masking - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OMFGDIEPLZKTHX
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-03-16, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zekeen
Major

Re: Situational Voice Masking

That's why it's an optional toggle. If suddenly it got too hard to understand, have the person stop using it, or have some option to toggle off hearing it.

Also, voice in game could work like some other games, where it quiets the background when a person is speaking. All in all, not much can go wrong.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
That's why it's an optional toggle. If suddenly it got too hard to understand, have the person stop using it, or have some option to toggle off hearing it.

Also, voice in game could work like some other games, where it quiets the background when a person is speaking. All in all, not much can go wrong.
if all else fails they can take it out of the game. but ill like to see it at least tried in beta.
Old 2012-03-22, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I like this idea, but it would have to be really subtle...

And simply add a tiny bit of walky talky static over anyone not right next to you and a *sschick* noise at the end of their transmission.

Something i loved about APB was the district chat VOIP! I even loved the idea that enemies could hear your voice comms if you were close enough, however i don't ever use it... lol, partly because of this. I would still love to see something like this implemented, even if it was just empire VOIP that could be heard in a 30m radius.

The other thing is, as with most shooters... a large portion of players instantly mute everyone as soon as they get a chance and use their own comms, simply to avoid listening to retarded 14year old mouth-breathers.
Old 2012-03-22, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I like this idea a lot!

About ingame VOIP in general, having the default setting be push to talk would help with the noise pollution.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault