Systems: Muscular Implant. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Try this at home.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-23, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Muscular Implant.

There were still no information about implants being removed,so my idea's this:

Sniper. Carrying a sniper rifle and a pistol. Even with active camo, this one's dead body. How about an implant/skill that allows you to carry an SMG instead of a pistol.

Many games have that sort of thing - BF3 (G18), APB (Uzi), Crysis 2 (Double-Loadout Mod), etc. I mean I already forsee you giving an SMG by default to an AV Heavy Assault, while leaving sniper with only his beamer to pewpew in cqb. That's faulty.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Muscular Implant.

A Sniper with a shotty or SMG is usually the reason for a very long kill streak in other FPSs. Not sure I like it, I really think Pistols should be designed to be an adequate side arm for infantry.

Infiltration Snipers are getting some kind of Scout Rifle for mid-long range combat I think, plus SMGs, plus maybe Shotguns. So if you want to be effective close range you should just choose one of those as your primary. Being able to kill anyone 1 on 1 before you even get in their range is powerful, still having equal odds against them if they manage to close the space is a lil too much power in my opinion
Old 2012-03-23, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
A Sniper with a shotty or SMG is usually the reason for a very long kill streak in other FPSs. Not sure I like it, I really think Pistols should be designed to be an adequate side arm for infantry.

Infiltration Snipers are getting some kind of Scout Rifle for mid-long range combat I think, plus SMGs, plus maybe Shotguns. So if you want to be effective close range you should just choose one of those as your primary. Being able to kill anyone 1 on 1 before you even get in their range is powerful, still having equal odds against them if they manage to close the space is a lil too much power in my opinion
Think about this:
With means for close combat sniper cqb skill increases gradually.
Without them it is either "you see him close range he's dead" or "you see him close range, YOU're dead", no mid-state. Thus more whine about snipers, them and about them being OP.

And now imagine that everything you do for the living in the game is snipe. Feel the difference?

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-03-23 at 06:45 PM.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Think about this:
With means for close combat sniper cqb skill increases gradually.
Without them it is either "you see him close range he's dead" or "you see him close range, YOU're dead", no mid-state. Thus more whine about snipers, them and about them being OP.

And now imagine that everything you do for the living in the game is snipe. Feel the difference?
i never like snipers in FPS. i hope a head shot doesn't 1 hit kill like in PS1 that way snipers will have to be good and wait for opportunities where people wont have enough time to get back into cover or hit people who are already damaged. if people get to snipe when i want arty.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
i never like snipers in FPS. i hope a head shot doesn't 1 hit kill like in PS1 that way snipers will have to be good and wait for opportunities where people wont have enough time to get back into cover or hit people who are already damaged. if people get to snipe when i want arty.
It's heavily dependent on TTK. Being a good sniper I was able to kill JH users close range with boltdriver, because TTK of the best close range weapon in the game allowed for it. But if you take battlefield 3's TTK for example, minus the stupid aim-effecting suppression, 2-shot snipers will just be utterly useless close range, they won't even have time to reload, so HS OSOK is a must have.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
It's heavily dependent on TTK. Being a good sniper I was able to kill JH users close range with boltdriver, because TTK of the best close range weapon in the game allowed for it. But if you take battlefield 3's TTK for example, minus the stupid aim-effecting suppression, 2-shot snipers will just be utterly useless close range, they won't even have time to reload, so HS OSOK is a must have.
What? why would a sniper be at close range. sinpers in this game arnt the kind of class that goes up with the forces and gets a 1shot kill headshot at 2 feet. no PS2 snipers are for long range only if they are going close range they will have the option of getting a shotgun. and they will have a pistol for close range.

Last edited by Purple; 2012-03-23 at 09:20 PM.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
What? why would a sniper be at close range. sinpers in this game arnt the kind of class that goes up with the forces and gets a 1shot kill headshot at 2 feet. no PS2 snipers are for long range only if they are going close range they will have the option of getting a shotgun. and they will have a pistol for close range.
Excuse me, but that's a shitty agrument. Why do medics need a gun? Why do AV soldiers need a rifle?
Old 2012-03-24, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

I thought this was going to be about an implant that allowed you to punch through walls like Adam Jensen.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
YaJackWagon
Private

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
I thought this was going to be about an implant that allowed you to punch through walls like Adam Jensen.
Yeah. I was expecting something like higher jumping, faster melee RoF, and/or less recoil.
Instead I get "give snipers their camp rifle AND an smg."

Op: From what I understand, the Infiltrator is going to function much like the Recon in 2142.
You choose either a sniper rifle so you can hit from long range and use cloak to sneak away to a new position, but you're screwed if you let anyone figure out where you are and then get in close. A pistol is the only backup you ought to get.
Or, you can use cloak to sneak into the enemy position, then open up with a smg/carbine and cause general chaos. But you're screwed if you can't do the sneaking to get in close.

Rock-Paper-Scissors dude, you gotta choose a weakness.

Last edited by YaJackWagon; 2012-03-24 at 12:04 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by YaJackWagon View Post
Rock-Paper-Scissors dude, you gotta choose a weakness.
NO it's Paper-Scissors with sniper missing all fingers.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault