Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How many greif points do i need for a certification
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What's the worst looking Empire so far?
Terran Republic 28 13.93%
New Conglomerate 38 18.91%
Vanu Sovereignty 21 10.45%
All of them look bad 4 1.99%
All of them look good 110 54.73%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-29, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO

I love TR but damn is SOE handicapping TR with the looks and in the process could make the game unbalance since people won't want to be them.

The designs look bad with mosquito like goggles and for some reason all TR are grey....I havn't seen one black n red TR except for the cloak I think.

I know grey TR was in Planetside 1 in early levels but damn I thought some black and red wouldn't hurt.

Im worried that people won't want to be the TR because they look horrible, which will put us in a disadvantage(maybe advantage since less n00bs)..I mean this is a free game with lots of free players, looks are everything.

NC looks fine, I see blue and yellow NC all the time...Their designs aren't bad.

VS looks fine as well with purple/aqua green colors...their designs arn't bad.

SOE should looking into focus groups.....They will see that people won't like TR designs.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NCLynx
Major

Re: Whats the Worst looking Empire so far?SOE is handicapping TR IMO

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
since people won't want to be them.
I know there's the whole "you can't please everybody" stuff but I haven't see a huge amount of people say they don't like how the TR look. In fact I've seen a decent mix of like and dislike. That goes for all three empires.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

TR looks awesome, are you high?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-03-29, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dreamcast
Major

Really?...Yeah I seen people like TR and I cant believe it...They look horrible with their grey and mosquito eyes.

SOE just needs to get rid of those eyes and add some black and red...

That will make people want to be TR....not be ashamed of being TR in the beginning since they look horrible.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

Really?...Yeah I seen people like TR and I cant believe it...
So then this is the whole thread?

Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Taking goggles away from the TR would be like taking the purple from the Vanu...
Old 2012-03-29, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Graywolves
General

The TR are grey because of Graywolves.

The Terran Republic is actually a hive mind of me.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-29, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I think TR look pretty damn cool.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
Taking goggles away from the TR would be like taking the purple from the Vanu...
Mosquito googles bro....Goggles are cool...Mosquito goggles arnt.

Thats like giving Vanu, Violet as their color and not purple.

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
So then this is the whole thread?
I knew it was gonna be one sided....This is a forum where Planetside fans post and where developers post once in a while...I knew you guys were gonna love the designs.

Still I think some people might agree with me or might think other empires look like crap so the thread could bring up good issues.

IMO Most people who didn't play planetside so don't have loyalty...will agree TR looks horrible so they won't pick them.

Thats why I said SOE should do a focus group, this could effect game balance(MORE XP for TR FTW I guess since nobody is gonna want to be us).
Old 2012-03-29, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Eighm
Sergeant

I don't know what threads you've been reading, but I've seen a lot of love and hate for all three empires' designs. For the most part I think people will choose their empire based on how they play more than anything, and the choice of color scheme for armor isn't going to "gimp" anyone.

Perhaps if you feel that strongly about aesthetics you should choose a different empire based on which one you think looks the best.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Eighm View Post
I don't know what threads you've been reading, but I've seen a lot of love and hate for all three empires' designs. For the most part I think people will choose their empire based on how they play more than anything, and the choice of color scheme for armor isn't going to "gimp" anyone.

Perhaps if you feel that strongly about aesthetics you should choose a different empire based on which one you think looks the best.
Nah Im too loyal but I do mire the others aesthetics.

Im sure for anybody in this site...gameplay>Looks.

All Im saying for people who are new to the game...they will pick Looks>gameplay.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NCLynx
Major

I knew it was gonna be one sided....This is a forum where Planetside fans post and where developers post once in a while...I knew you guys were gonna love the designs.

Still I think some people might agree with me or might think other empires look like crap so the thread could bring up good issues.
Not at all true I've heard from PS1 players and people who've never played before, both say good and bad things. Now if you want to put the biased opinion of a PS1 vet aside that still leaves people who have never played before both liking and disliking it. Not everyone has the same preferences.

Im sure for anybody in this site...gameplay>Looks.

All Im saying for people who are new to the game...they will pick Looks>gameplay.
People tend to pick what's OP> Looks.

Old 2012-03-29, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
CutterJohn
Colonel

Only issues I have so far are with individual units/vehicles.

TR - Needs more wheels inside the tracks on the Prowler. Treads would never work with just 1 road wheel in the middle like that.

VS - The shoulder pads, primarily for the max, but for the soldiers as well, are a bit on the silly side. Oh, and the detail texture for many of the infantry armors, that hexagod/carbon fiber pattern, is a bit too... strong? I think much of it would work better with more of a solid color, like the Cloaker possesses. Hopefully these two are cosmetic options.

NC - The cloaker looks fine, but is too well armored. Not so much a fan of the helmets.

CP - The libs top cockpit and the flat bottomed boat hull thing it has going on. The ATV looks nice, but also looks exactly like something I could go purchase today.

Soo.. Yeah. Minor nitpicks. Not at all important. As far as looks go, I have to say that TR has easily the most realistic, and best, looking combat armor.

I'm continually amazed how people can be loyal to a fictional team in a game, especially for a game that hasn't come out yet.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-03-29 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sirisian
Colonel

I'm not an artist, but aesthetically all the empires look amazing to me. The level of detail and color choices are astounding for a game of this scale.

A big part of the TR is their love of goggles. It's one of the thing that sets them apart. Also if you don't like the default skins you can buy new ones, but personally I think they look awesome.

I will point out the VS design for their tank is horrible. I've already said more than enough and tweeted the developers about it and Higby said it's basically set in stone already.

I was just going to post an image but Hamma frowns on that.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-29 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Because all the lowbie grey and red soldiers in PS1 look so badass, right?

Different skins and the TR will look awesome, this is likely just the default/low BR one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion