THE Beer Thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Let your mouse do the walking
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-21, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MgFalcon
Captain

Lightbulb THE Beer Thread

"Beer. The solution to, and cause of, all of life's problems." - H. J. Simpson

My most favorite liquid in the world. I had my best beer in Hamburg, Germany (that was tapped out of a wooden keg, I shit you not). And my life-long obsession all started with a Corona down in Cancun, brought to me from a Mexican waiter who didn't give a shit that I was only 14.

Truely, this heavenly beverage NEEDS a spot on these forums. As so I am henceforth making this thread in dedication to Beer.

In today's market there has been a heavy increase in the demand for micro-brewed beers. I myself used to work at a brewery (and brewed at home - soooo much fun and easy!), as has most my family, and have came to a realization towards the end of college that that cheap-ass beer (keystone, coors, bud, miller, etc.) really don't do justice to REAL beer (I can't wait for the hate responses to that line).

Hefeweizen is one of my favorite styles of beer - the rich wheaty taste, the beautiful golden aura it produces when hailed in the bar lights, that wonderful after-taste that leaves you refreshed with a perfect blend of citrus-ness. And I would be most critical of this type more so than any others (Magic Hat's version tastes like soap, my fav if from Trinity Bar in Providence RI). If there is one thing a girl could do to (guarantee) get me into bed would to buy me this beer (unless they're like 300lbs or something, fuck that).

My life-long love for beer will never end. Please enjoy this thread with me, tell me your beer stories

Questions to consider:

What do you like about beer?
Don't agree with the drinking age laws?
Where and what was your best beer?
Micro-brew or piss-water?
Is it OK to make fruit beer?
Old 2011-07-21, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info
Re: THE Beer Thread

This is a FANTASTIC Thread. Nothing goes better like Beer and Planetside lol.

I may not have a knowledge like you just shown of beer. But I know a fair amount.

My Favorite type of beer is Bud light (LOL kidding, i dont drink that garbage or any other cheap beers.)

But back on topic. I really damn enjoy dark beers. Any Microbrew I can get my hands on Ill gladly be happy to try Some local places around which I would drink almost every day. They are soo good.

The one beer I can drink any time of the year is. Sam Adams Boston Lager. Dont ask me why. But Love it way too much. Great damn tasting dark amber beer. Which im sure everyone has had it before.

I cant wait to get home in 3 hrs to have one. damnn this thread ha
Old 2011-07-21, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MgFalcon
Captain

I love my Boston Lagga (accent). Seeing that I'm from the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I have indeed toured this facility.

A couple great points I would like to make:
-Budweiser spills more beer than Sammy Adams sells (per year)
-Their Boston Lager is one of the only American beers to have won highly acclaimed awards in Europe (I'm thinking Germany, I might be wrong)
-I have had their bottle opener on my keychain and it will remain there forever
-And I totally didn't pass on their "sample" pitcher down the line during their tasting part of the tour
Old 2011-07-21, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

A fellow masshole!

In Texas now but raised in Massachusetts. Love me some Boston Lager as well. Now that I am in Texas I quite often drink Shiner beer - a Texas institution and some awesome stuff.

Some of my favorite beers are also wheat beers, I love me some wheat beer..

This week when we head out on vacation we are actually going to go on a trek to find some Yuengling in Tennessee. I've heard it's good but it's not available everywhere so I want to give it a try.

The only beers I am not fond of are dark stouts never been a fan really.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-21, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm a wheat beer guy as well (Boulevard out of KC makes a great unfiltered wheat, if you ever see it). Also like Bocks (Woo Shiner!) and stouts.
I don't tend to like pale ales.

When it comes to a tailgaiting/cheap shitty bear I tend toward the PBR...it at least tastes like something, even if it's still kinda shity.

An yeah it's ok to have some fruity-ness. I've had a few, like a blueberry wheat in Maine that was good. Sam Adams cherry wheat ain't bad either.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sam Blackberry is great also.

Boulevard wheat is some good stuff I've had a bunch of that

Old 2011-07-22, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Fuck beer, gimme whiskey!
Old 2011-07-22, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ban?

Old 2011-07-22, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NUBLERT
Private

What do you like about beer?
Hops are close relative to weed, thus it is a drink induced high, yay. Not to mention tastes great...

Don't agree with the drinking age laws?
18, nuf said.

Where and what was your best beer?
I like my dark stuff, so far my favorite is Ommegang Three Philosophers (look it up! http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/42/3457 ). Saranac's Black Forest and Murphy's Stout are close seconds.

Micro-brew or piss-water?
Microooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Labatts if I have to drink on the cheap.

Is it OK to make fruit beer?
Yes, one the best beers I have ever had was a cherry blossom beer. The reason it is is not above because I cannot remember the brand or can find it anyways

Last edited by NUBLERT; 2011-07-22 at 07:49 AM.
Old 2011-07-22, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Blue Moon, Guinness, Arrogant Bastard, or Sam Adams Winter Lager for me. No piss beer. I love seeing those people bitch over having to drink Coors Light instead of Miller Light .
Old 2011-07-22, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

I love micro brews but ill try just about any beer. Some of my favorite stuff to drink includes: Stella Artois, anything from Dechutes ( black butte porter is my favorite), anything from Stone, and i love Ranger IPA.
Old 2011-07-22, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
I love my Boston Lagga (accent). Seeing that I'm from the great Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I have indeed toured this facility.

A couple great points I would like to make:
-Budweiser spills more beer than Sammy Adams sells (per year)
-Their Boston Lager is one of the only American beers to have won highly acclaimed awards in Europe (I'm thinking Germany, I might be wrong)
-I have had their bottle opener on my keychain and it will remain there forever
-And I totally didn't pass on their "sample" pitcher down the line during their tasting part of the tour
As im from mass also. Boston Lager is legit the best. Winter is my second fav beer haha
Old 2011-07-22, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

My favorite are dark beers. Probably my favorites are strong smoky stouts and porters. Sam Adams used to have their Scottish Ale that was my favorite (it was like drinking a good cigar), but they changed the recipe in the last few years and it's not nearly as good now. Guess it was too strong for people to like...now it just tastes like a regular brown ale. Moose Drool brown ale is pretty good for that.

I love wheat beers too. One of my favorite untraditional wheat beers is the Sam Adams imperial wheat. Hard to find and expensive, but crazy good (and strong, but you'd never know it).

I can't stand pilsners for the most part, unless they're mixed with sprite or lemonade. German Radler FTW!

Last edited by Quovatis; 2011-07-22 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2011-07-22, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I love Sam Adams Summer Ale, Heineken, George Killian's Irish Red and O'Fallon Gold.

I fucking hate Guinness and virtually every dark beer that exists.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2011-07-22, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
MgFalcon
Captain

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311390205.738432.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	117

Authentic Stein from Berlin plus other beer glasses, not shown: a jar filled with hops I got for valentines day

Also sidenote to the other Massholes out there, if you ever see Ipswich Ale, or Mercury Brewing.. Buy their beer, that's where I've worked lol great beer, just not for the timid!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge