THE Beer Thread - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm...Pudding.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-25, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
MgFalcon
Captain

Re: THE Beer Thread

I link to the beers and their website in my description section, I forgot to say that in the video lol (also any research pages I link as well).

And with this batch of the Weissen there wasn't a major yeast presence - still unfiltered but it was smooth sailing on the bottom of the bottle :/

And I'll try cutting down on how many beers I do (it'll help with longevity of the series too) I honestly can't remember why I started off with three in the first place.

Cheers!
Old 2013-05-16, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I went with him to try Pliny the Elder and Younger this year in Philly, I wasn't too impressed personally but the 500 beer nerds around me were. Personally I'd be just as happy with a Yuengling, though I was glad I got a chance to try it.
It has been a couple years since i had the younger it is just such a zoo when it comes out, and I personally feel the Elder is just as good. It really is a bit of an acquired taste for some, that over the top citrus taste is what I absolutely love about it. I had been a fan of Racer 5 already when I first tried Pliny, so I had aquired the taste for ultra hoppy already. My first glass of Pliny was maybe the best beer i've ever had. Although I've also heard Pliny described as "Like tea brewed from Pine needles in cat piss." Strange that I can taste what those people were describing but it isn't the flavors I get from it. I think I might have to walk over there for lunch today.

All in all, I'll try any beer but for every day beer I'm good with whatever someone gives me(free beer = good beer). Yuengling for at home/any day, Pacifico/Yuengling for the beach, and I prefer stouts for the winter(<3 Ironhill Russian Imperials).
Had this conversation not that long ago. I had a few cans of bud light in the back of my fridge for literally about 5 years. When the only alcohol in my house were those beers I still considered myself out of alcohol. They came with someone for a party we had and were left overs. Eventually I had a guy helping me with some work in my front yard and gave them away. So, from my point of view Free does not always mean good.

IPA's but over time of trying my bros beers I've 'acquired' the taste for them. Stopped on the way home today to get some more Lagunitas Hop Stoopid and Imperial Red in the fridge
I love Lagunitas. Hop Stoopid is one of my favorites and it is too bad it is less distributed to restaurants around here than many of their others. The others aren't bad Little Sumpin' Sumpin' and their standard IPA but Hop Stoopid is so good. The thing about a lot of these as well is even poured from a bottle to a glass the flavors are just so much different than on draft. As well as was hinted at the extra hops for extra travel it does seem that the flavors are changed from the "source" to a different bar.

Having had so many of these I would say it is pretty categorical that on tap from the source is more flavorful and better than on tap from some location it has been shipped to which is better than from a bottle.
Old 2013-06-05, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

OPs Questions:
What do you like about beer?
Taste mostly. I drink it like soda these days
Don't agree with the drinking age laws?
Not really, I tend to go with the old: "If you can join the military, you should be able to drink"
Where and what was your best beer?
I would say my favorite beer is 6th Glass by Boulevard. Other good ones are Druid City Brewery's Saison, St. Bernardus, Fat tire, Three Philosophers... I could go on and on
Micro-brew or piss-water?
Both have a place. And there are varying degrees of piss water beer, so don't group all of everything not brewed by little elves in small trees, as "Piss Water". Micro-brew beers are going to be the best, and should always be considered the standard by which you rate everything (And what one drinks on a daily basis).
Is it OK to make fruit beer?
ehhhhhh... It depends. It really depends on the beer. I am not wild about fruity beers, but there are a couple I don't mind.
Old 2013-06-25, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
MgFalcon
Captain

Want to know the steps in the brewing process? I got you covered!

Enjoy guys, let me know what you think!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge