THE Beer Thread - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Confucious say: What the hell is Vanu?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-23, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: THE Beer Thread

Anyone had Bell's Brewery Oberon?
It's a Michigan/Indiana kind of thing.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-23, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

I had ipswitch ale when I was back home a few months ago good stuff

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-23, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

In Holland, we drink alot of mainstream beer.

Heineken
Grolsch
Amstel.

And a bunch of other Dutch beers that arnt THAT popular in the rest of the world.

I do love myself Guinness.
And really love beer with tequila, think Desperados and Corona, even tho i prefer Desperados above Corona because it has a much stronger taste to it.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

As far as Mexican beers go I'm a Dos Equis Amber guy.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-23, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

If I'm drinking cheap beers, I tend to go Yuengling, it's the best of the lower beers. If I'm just looking to get shit faced and really need to go cheap I drink Genny Cream Ale. It's local and cheap.

Big fan of Sam Adam's, it's generally speaking my beer of choice. I like most of their varieties. Noble Pils, Coastal Wheat, Scotch Ale, Cream Stout, Summer Ale and my absolute personal fave, Oktoberfest. I tend to prefer Fall beers. LOVE Pumpkin Ales also, Brooklyn Brewery's Post Road Pumpkin Ale is freaking awesome. It's a great spiced type of beer with this wonderful Pumpkin undertone. Only available once a year though. As far as fruited beers, I tend to not care for Berry flavored ones, but I do like some Citrus flavored Hefenweizen styled beers.

Fall beers are by far my fav's though. Cannot wait until September for when they start appearing on the shelves again.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Since im a cheap college kid I drink cheap mainly, yes that stuff you call pisswater keystone/bud/coors/miller. But when I actually have some money my favorites tend to be Sam Adams Summer Ale, Warsteiner, Dos Equis,Blue Moon, Summer Shandy and Yuengling which I hear is coming to Ohio in Oct so im super excited
Old 2011-07-26, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by firecrackerNC View Post
Since im a cheap college kid I drink cheap mainly, yes that stuff you call pisswater keystone/bud/coors/miller.
This is a thread for beer. Not a thread for WATER. When we have a thread about what's your favourite body of water, and everyone else is chiming in about "Oh I love to frolick in the warm South Pacific!" you can chime in about cheap American hobo-piss. I understand that your foodstamps don't cover alcohol and, brother, I feel for you. So what I'm gonna do is, next time I see you I'm going to take you into a good pub and buy you a beer that will knock your goddamned socks off. We'll get rip-roaring drunk on my dime because I want you to touch the sky one time, and then we'll go get in a bar fight and beat the shit out of someone just for the hell of it.

With a fucking pool cue.

Or a table leg.
Old 2011-07-26, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

I don't get drunk off of good beer, I drink good beer to enjoy with dinner or just a relaxing day of watching Football. If i want to get drunk I drink shit beer.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Being a Canuck, I must support my native beers firstmost; Moosehead being my favourite. Over the years though, I've grown to like; Stella Artois, Heineken, Grolsch, Kingfisher and recently Yeungling. This list can't be complete without adding ciders; Strongbow and Magners.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

I don't know if any of you guys live near Denver, but there is an event there, that honestly might even be worth traveling there for. It is called The Great American Beer Festival. I just so happened to be living near there when I was 21, and it was life changing. Being able to sample beers from all over the country, actually being able to taste the differences....yeah I was never the same.

They give you this tiny little tasting glass, not much bigger than a shot glass, and you look at this tiny thing and think to yourself, "Self, how will you ever get drunk from a glass so small?" Believe me, it doesn't take long to sneak up on you.

If you love beer, prepare to move to Denver. http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/
Old 2011-07-26, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Miir
Malvision

Tried this one recently and really enjoyed it.

I've been pretty spoiled over the years being that my wife works for Labatt Breweries in Canada. Their parent company AmBev owns way to much of the world beer market.

So all I can say is free beer tastes the best.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
So what I'm gonna do is, next time I see you I'm going to take you into a good pub and buy you a beer that will knock your goddamned socks off. We'll get rip-roaring drunk on my dime because I want you to touch the sky one time, and then we'll go get in a bar fight and beat the shit out of someone just for the hell of it.
As long as you're paying I'm down. & its not like I haven't ever had "good" beer, I just usually dont buy it cause its not financially smart to buy that to take to a party, which is usually what I do. A few beers around the house then its Sam Adams etc
Old 2011-07-26, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
I don't get drunk off of good beer, I drink good beer to enjoy with dinner or just a relaxing day of watching Football. If i want to get drunk I drink shit beer.
This attitude toward alcohol is why shit clogs up stores coolers. If you want to get drunk cheap, inject Caldwells in your veins for $5.

...anyway.

I found a place locally that sells Sink The Bismarck! & Tactile Nuclear Penguin.

My wallet got super light. Anyone who is seriously in to beer like a wine snob is in to wine you must seek out these beers. They aren't easy to find in the States.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by firecrackerNC View Post
Since im a cheap college kid I drink cheap mainly, yes that stuff you call pisswater keystone/bud/coors/miller. But when I actually have some money my favorites tend to be Sam Adams Summer Ale, Warsteiner, Dos Equis,Blue Moon, Summer Shandy and Yuengling which I hear is coming to Ohio in Oct so im super excited
I being a man who has just recently gratuated college (German BS... job market is looking well for translators and future Chefs... not) have been apart of that culture solely devoted to the urine cans of Keystone. During my escapades in my Fraternity we have nothing else to drink other than 30 racks of Keystone (I refer to these times as my sad years... beer-wise )

The I moved off campus Senior year and finally could afford the good stuff. Moral of the story: if it's free - drink it, when you have money - get the good stuff.
Old 2011-07-27, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
Being a Canuck, I must support my native beers firstmost; Moosehead being my favourite. Over the years though, I've grown to like; Stella Artois, Heineken, Grolsch, Kingfisher and recently Yeungling. This list can't be complete without adding ciders; Strongbow and Magners.
Irony: the guy who invents Molson's famed Canadian-pride beer ad "I AM CANADIAN" defecting to the United States.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge