$15 to play? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? Now we know, 80mph.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-20, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

notice I only pay $39.99 for directtv......a game (no offence to PS).....payin 98 bucks for just 2 accounts is just wrong, I get WAY more channels on Dtv-and enjoyment for 39 buckeroos-A MONTH!!!

sry bout the flame....i dont seem happy today....really...
$49.99 = price of the game to buy, in the shops.

$10 approx = monthly fee for connection to their world servers and maintainance of accounts etc.

buying a game = obtaining an account.

The only way to obtain account is to buy the game. Therefore if you want a second account you buy another copy of the game.

Why would you want to have a second account is beyond me, except to cheat and have characters on the same world server in different empires. That is the only reason, its not like EQ where 2nd accounts provide many uses. This is a PvP not PvE game...

So it would be $20 per month for 2 accounts (given a $10 per acc. fee), plus the purchase price of 2 copies of the software.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
unseen newb
Private

Thumbs up MONEY/COST OF GAME...SOLUTION...!

I SURE HOPE ITS CHEAPER THAN OTHER GAMES...AS I SPEND 20 ALREADY PLUS 100 TO BE ONLINE...SO IM HOPING IT ONLY 5$ TO 7.50 $ TO PLAY THIS GAME...PLEASE JOIN WITH ME IN THIS ... $5 X 10000 PLAYERS = FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS AMONTH THATS PLENTY...AND IF THERE IS MORE PEEPS THAN THAT...THEN IM IN THE WRONG BIZINESS...PLEASE SUPPORT ME IN THIS AND POST EMAILS TO EVERYONE ...ESP THE COMMAND AT ps...
Old 2003-04-16, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sputty
Banned

Resurrection is not an option!
Old 2003-04-16, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I heard the price is gona be $12.95 a month

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
unseen newb
Private

help

why so much he cries...well i guess i know ...but still 7.50 is plenty......
also could you help a newb out...im trying to play to see if im even really intrested ...and where do i get/download the chat program(in game chat...IRC ?)
Old 2003-04-16, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
AcidNick
Private

my vote goes for lunch, i cant resist the stare that a tuna fish on grilled rye bread sammich with doritos and a root beer gives me.

15$ is over the top, sony doesnt need the money
Old 2003-04-16, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Re: MONEY/COST OF GAME...SOLUTION...!

Originally posted by unseen newb
I SURE HOPE ITS CHEAPER THAN OTHER GAMES...AS I SPEND 20 ALREADY PLUS 100 TO BE ONLINE...SO IM HOPING IT ONLY 5$ TO 7.50 $ TO PLAY THIS GAME...PLEASE JOIN WITH ME IN THIS ... $5 X 10000 PLAYERS = FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS AMONTH THATS PLENTY...AND IF THERE IS MORE PEEPS THAN THAT...THEN IM IN THE WRONG BIZINESS...PLEASE SUPPORT ME IN THIS AND POST EMAILS TO EVERYONE ...ESP THE COMMAND AT ps...
i dont believe anyone has their resolution high enough that they need all caps to read, which means your yelling for some reason. Atleast the name fits, asside from the fact we can see your post.

In any case, you only buy the game once (twice for another account) and then 10 a month per account. How much did your direct tv dish and install cost? I think after 2 or 3 months PS will turn out to be cheaper.

Im in beta now, and id pay 20 a month if i didnt keep getting disconnected. You have no idea how good this game is.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Saethan
Corporal

$12.95 is fine.

Most likely weekly updates, reliable servers, devs working 5 days a week to improve the game. GM's online most days of the week to help out, being _paid_ to help out so its in their best interest to actually help.

People that complain about a monthly fee for this game, need to imagine what it would be like playing PS on battle.net's servers.

Yeah.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Cyanide
Major

I hope they do like they did with EQ and allow you to pay for 6 months at a time at a disscounted rate.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Originally posted by Saethan
People that complain about a monthly fee for this game, need to imagine what it would be like playing PS on battle.net's servers.
ROFL, exactly. If you need money get a job. If you have a job and still cant afford 12 bucks a month you need to look into another job.
Old 2003-04-16, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Mazuli
Sergeant

I spend my lunch money on DDR.
Old 2003-04-16, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
unseen newb
Private

NEWB YELLIN"

sory for yelling...caps was on and i didnt feel like typing it all over...cost is an issue...and i belive it would ,mabey be worth it...if i could ever find away to try it out...id pay now 20 just to try it today!...and glad u like my name....hope it throw everyone else off as much as you ...i play alot of games...thats why cost is an issue...also i pay 20(2 accounts) a month for JG and 80 for cable annd 80 for my comp ...and i do have a good job...but am not rich!....i think discount for 6 months is a GREAT idea.......and YES I AM A NEWB...ive only been playing these type games ..for hmmm 20 years...but stopped for a few and im back now ...and its all so different...been on line for 3 years now...and im still a newb see yall in game (i hope)...ps this site is H U G E !
Old 2003-04-16, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Matuse
First Sergeant

.also i pay 20(2 accounts) a month for JG and 80 for cable annd 80 for my comp
The developers of planetside are not responsible for whatever other financial obligations you have placed on yourself when setting a price for their game.

The simple fact is, your idea of $5 a month is NOT ENOUGH. SOE will probably be paying $50,000 a month just for ISP connection charges to their servers. That doesn't include paying employees, electricity, insurance, space, equipment, equipment upgrades, software, software upgrades, property taxes, water, food, etc, etc, etc. Once all the overhead is covered, they still need to make money (that is the whole idea here, if you didn't know).

ive only been playing these type games ..for hmmm 20 years
I can say with some authority that you were not playing a first person shooter in 1983. Blatant exageration does not help your already weak arguement.
Old 2003-04-16, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
XeeN
Private

$12.99 a month, guys.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion