A few suggestions about the map - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wanna droid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-11, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Brogan
Private

A few suggestions about the map

So I had been thinking about the overall maps in the game, and a few thoughts came across me recently: now that we have topographic lines, what if we had some names for some of the major geographic features labeled on the map, such as seeing in small print just south of the crown, "Magrider Hill." It'd be interesting if the names were playerbase generated (like the above example).

Note, I am working on actually making a map of my own to as an example and for my own purposes. Any suggestions for names of certain locations, be it a specific hill, mountain, canyon, or collection of trees, would be welcome.

As I thought further on this, my thoughts drifted to the roads of Auraxis. Why don't they have names? For that matter, if road names were added, why not road signs at intersections. It'd certainly make navigating tank column from the warpgate to your intended destination a lot easier.

Next, I thought about fortifications, or the lack thereof. What I am talking about are infantry trenches, tank trenches (both the trap kind and the kind that a defending tank purposely drives into so that only the turret shows) and maybe a few dragon's teeth strewn around. These would be at points on the map where most of the fighting takes place, adding to the immersion that this is constantly fighting in a war of attrition. A great place for these would be around tech plants and such.

Here are a few diagrams of the fortifications I mentioned:

The non-trap tank trench thing:

The tank trench trap:

Here are some troop trenches:

Here are some dragon's teeth:

Further suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Brogan; 2013-05-12 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added images and expanded ideas

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault