PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside: Making you upgrade since 2002
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2013-08-08, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SternLX
Sergeant

Console kiddies and fanbois getting you down?

Disclaimer: The topic of this thread has a Rhetorical Question in it.

I would like to address a topic that for some time I take personal(PC Gamer since 1988).
"PC Gaming is dead/or Dieing!" ~Says Random Rabid Console Gamer.

I say Nay nay! Always have, always will. Now have proof.
Read: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasoneva...to-the-rescue/

PSA: Next time you find yourself in a PC vs Console arg... eeerm, 'discussion' just point them to that article. PC Games Drive the PC market now more than ever.

Long live the PC gamer!!
Old 2013-08-09, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Re: Console kiddies and fanbois getting you down?

Yeah I enjoy PC gaming. None of my friends do, though. It's always depressing when I have no one to play Homeworld 2 with.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2013-08-10, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ait'al
Contributor
General

PC gaming can't die to console games because consoles are such pieces of shit and the game made for them likewise. The only death in the PC gaming industry comes from itself!

Besides the more idiots on consoles, the more intelignet the PC games communities are potentially. That was the only upside to Arcades back in the 70's - 90's. Consoles are not taking their full place. You also learn more about how fucked up and greedy your PC company is in the process through what they make. Should make it easy to clean house one day. 8) The house may clean itself at this rate.

Want better games. Go learn math thoroughly and you can make anything. And much better ones that exist now. The secret to why older games were usually good was that they new math more and used that and other knowledge normally as the insporation for the game design. But, if you learn enough you can find that out for yourself!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2013-08-10 at 12:25 AM.
Old 2013-08-10, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Yeah... I'm pretty sure the PC community and the console community both have their fair share of idiots. That PC elitism is just plain silly. Consoles aren't pieces of shit nor are most of the games developed on those platforms, just like most other platforms. Only problems I have with the consoles are terrible ports and Sony/Microsoft letting a generation go on for too long, which stagnates the whole industry when it comes to technical innovations/advancement.

Of course the PC gaming industry isn't dying, it was being held back for years but now with the new console generation/kickstarter/F2P etc. we'll be seeing the PC market grow. I am very much looking forward to seeing how things play out the next five years.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-08-10 at 07:16 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge