Towers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So Hamma is God...then whois the devil?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-04, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
disky
Sergeant

Towers?

It seems like recently there has been a large focus on the facilities themselves and the depots in the wilderness areas, but has there been any new info regarding towers? I know that with the initial trailer and conference, Smed made a comment regarding the landing struts built onto the sides of them. Is it a possibility that towers will be landed as a temporary base? Does anyone know the significance of the remark, or have any newish info about them?
Old 2012-07-04, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Karrade
First Sergeant

Re: Towers?

All I remember hearing was that outfits might be able to place their own, giving them their own mark on the gameworld. I'd like to see what they look like too
Old 2012-07-04, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

I think the situation is that constructable (by players) towers has been recognised as a possible future enhancement.

Having said that, from what I can see the mini-bases and twoers appear to be larger than they were in PS1 and so such provided for good fighting.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
disky
Sergeant

It's just a hunch, but I'm thinking they're going to end up being an outfit thing. Like a temporary guildhall that you can use to defend a depot or a facility.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCPresident
Private

There will be two kind of towers. An air tower and Im guessing a vehicle tower. You can spawn vehicles at these towers. The towers will be capturable as in PS1 and more important because of the hex system. The tower has its own hex and will give you capture benefits to the next hex which is the base. All towers will have to be captured now to "lock" the continent.
Old 2012-07-04, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Maybe it was just a spur of the moment remark by Smedley. They are planning on expanding the player-driven components of the game, but there's no way to tell if they'll go so far as this.
Yeah I'll go with "Smed fantasizing again" until there is something more definite about player-created things on the horizon.

Regular towers have been seen in some of Totalbiscuit's videos. They are much larger and (thankfully) much more diverse than the extremely repetitive PS1 tower design. They may also feature vehicle spawns, IIRC.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion