Why I quit PS1 - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click here to see hamma NUDE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-25, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Degrifter
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Why I quit PS1

less QQ more pew pew

Captain Degrifter -- Black Widow Company
Old 2012-07-25, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@Degrifter

I disagree. MOAR TEARZ
(former Eve low-sec pirate speaking)
! C0113C7 7H3M !N V!A15! 7H3Y CUR3 l8 5TA63 CANC3R & 3R3C7!13 DY5FUNC7!0N!
Old 2012-07-26, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

SOE should make Planetside totally free to play, with the exception that OS cost 25 cents each. That will either make SOE very rich or it will tone down the use of OS a bit. There just aren't enough fights to justify having an ability like that, especially when so many people can use the ability. At this point in the game, OS just takes away from the action and fun.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Dubious
Sergeant

PS1 should be kept alive and maybe implent a store for it so one can buy stuff like a OS every 3 hours with needed rank and a "free" one like now, every 12 hour
there is so much money to get from PS1 still
Old 2012-07-27, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Negative ghostrider. People like you simply think "Durrr going to spamz my CE".
Durrr, that's how you create a defensive position. You know what defense is right? Yeah yeah I know you think it is running around shooting stuff, but truly that's not it.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Just stopping by to say that the arguments on both sides here have become increasingly stupid.

Would not read again.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Durrr, that's how you create a defensive position. You know what defense is right? Yeah yeah I know you think it is running around shooting stuff, but truly that's not it.
You're a good troll.

That or you don't get what effect is saying at all.
Old 2012-07-27, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Huntsab
Sergeant

I can clear a mine field in seconds, with jammers. Would you unsub if you witness me throwing them on your precious CE? OS's do have a counter it is called situational awareness (you do get a warning) and/or Surge. I bet you have Pshield. Perhaps free up that implant slot for surge
Old 2012-07-27, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

OP is a massive idiot, I see. People like him want PS2 to be CoD/BF3. GTFO please, OP. I agree mostly with Effective.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
OP is a massive idiot, I see. People like him want PS2 to be CoD/BF3. GTFO please, OP. I agree mostly with Effective.
Actually hitting a button and killing players in a radius is what you do in COD/BF2. And welcome to the ignore list.

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
I can clear a mine field in seconds, with jammers. Would you unsub if you witness me throwing them on your precious CE? OS's do have a counter it is called situational awareness (you do get a warning) and/or Surge. I bet you have Pshield. Perhaps free up that implant slot for surge
Fine then clear mines in seconds with jammers, you don't need the CUD I-win buttons.

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
You're a good troll.

That or you don't get what effect is saying at all.
He's saying "Durrrr" allot.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Actually hitting a button and killing players in a radius is what you do in COD/BF2. And welcome to the ignore list.

Fine then clear mines in seconds with jammers, you don't need the CUD I-win buttons.

He's saying "Durrrr" allot.
I'm sorry, but you have *no idea* wtf you're talking about. I *earned* my backpack and my OS. I didn't go on a killstreak to get it. I *led* squads and called shots over a long period of time over the course of at least a year. I *earned* the respect of other outfit and squad leaders. Mind you, even if the area you are in gets OS'd, unless you're AT who get stuck at the back door doing high altitude galdrops and stupid max crashes without a door opener, you can STILL escape it with surge. You have to be *incompetent* or just not paying attention or spawning at a busy ams to get OS'd.

You have to be literally an idiot to take offense to it.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-07-28 at 01:06 AM.
Old 2012-07-28, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
igster
Sergeant

This thread deserves to be closed. Just look how long it has been bubbling along for 'why i quit ps1'

Endless QQ diatribe by a player who literally has hardly played the game (from my estimation probably not more than br14 and nowhere near cr5) about why the game he has no idea how to play sucks.

I don't discount less experienced players opinions generally, however, when someone tries to imply that he has an authoritative opinion on something - then you better have sufficient experience to back up that authoritative opinion.

Here is a quote from the OP from a darkfall forum which exhibits the sum of his knowledge about PS1 and is the reason why, imho, he really isn't sufficiently experienced and qualified to judge the CE/OS/EMP gameplay mechanics.

Planetside has the harshest death penalty. You die, you lose everything. But it is not considered griefing or ganking because it doesn't take you a month to grind for your gear.

I played planetside for about 4 months, but I quit because of orbital strikes. The EMP kind which destroys all CE cause someone grinded for their CR rank. CR rank is Command Rating rank, not death ray from the sky rank.

(Last edited by buggsy; 02-12-2009 at 03:40 PM..)
source

4 months in a game compared to more experienced players like effective (9 years i suspect) gives you some idea of the relative weight I give to the opinions expressed

Quite simply - you have to play the game to know about the gameplay mechanics and balance. You might like to talk on forums a lot - however - play the game more than typing on forums - you've been whining about this on a number of forums for what 3 years when you played the game for only 4 months...

Misquoting Winston Churchil directly
To war-war is always better than to jaw-jaw
Pointless negative discussion being kept alive by the OP always wanting to have the last word.

Last edited by igster; 2012-07-28 at 02:48 AM.
Old 2012-07-28, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Xenostalker
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
SOE should make Planetside totally free to play, with the exception that OS cost 25 cents each. That will either make SOE very rich or it will tone down the use of OS a bit. There just aren't enough fights to justify having an ability like that, especially when so many people can use the ability. At this point in the game, OS just takes away from the action and fun.
Yep. That's about the only flaw I personally see in the game right now. Just got done being OS'd about 5 or 6 times by TR over one base.

Other flaw would be the lasher (piece crap weapon) but... meh. PS1 is still best MMOFPS by far.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

This thread is still going?

PS. and yes, I've played on and off for since august of 2003 :P .

EMP's and OS's are fine themselves, the only thing wrong is the number of people who have them.

Also nerf CE and let EMP's be used in the caves from cud's.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-07-28 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by igster View Post
This thread deserves to be closed. Just look how long it has been bubbling along for 'why i quit ps1'

Endless QQ diatribe by a player who literally has hardly played the game (from my estimation probably not more than br14 and nowhere near cr5) about why the game he has no idea how to play sucks.

I don't discount less experienced players opinions generally, however, when someone tries to imply that he has an authoritative opinion on something - then you better have sufficient experience to back up that authoritative opinion.

Here is a quote from the OP from a darkfall forum which exhibits the sum of his knowledge about PS1 and is the reason why, imho, he really isn't sufficiently experienced and qualified to judge the CE/OS/EMP gameplay mechanics.

4 months in a game compared to more experienced players like effective (9 years i suspect) gives you some idea of the relative weight I give to the opinions expressed

No actually people who have stuck around for 9 years have no idea what is fun. They're the types that grind CR for their I-win buttons and drive the other 90% customers away.

If SONY wants to pander to the 10%, while driving away the other 90%, then by all means enjoy your ghost town of a MMOFPS just like in PS1.

And I think I played for like 6 months, not 4 months.

Darkfall = failboat MMORPG, a greifer's paradise. I told you so, I told you so, ah ah I told you so.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Also nerf CE and let EMP's be used in the caves from cud's.
Buff CE, remove CUD abilities completely.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-28 at 10:15 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion